Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darkbox HD 9000 Linux

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKMAN View Post
    Am not giving any falce Hope ,,and please stop gaving me the world "Falce" Min we are working and hoping ,but what you are doing !?

You says they work only fr DM....thats show is very bad ....because they not helping members od what forum is creat here, only doing Business ,,,We min do both,we are trying help Develop the box with CCcam and not only Darkbox but if is possible to any box.....

Mate one think is shure you have to be shure in your Life ...You will be dead...Because God says.But in other thinks do be so shure!!!!!

Never says Never .........
    of course you can never say never ..but at the same time reality is that CCcam does not work on these boxes, whether its Kathrein, IpBox etc .. even those with enigma2 ported across. It is upto the CCcam team to recompile for SH4 processors, if they do it then great ..if not then they do not lose out .. makes no odds to them whether they recompile or not .. money talks and customers walk ... just don't sell products saying that you never know it might support IPtv, CCcam .. nuclear missile technology, telepathy etc etc .... oh and i'm an atheist ..don't believe in god

Thanks
    well if it like the last darkbox we are still waiting for a lot of bugs to go . all i will say is keep your money in your pocket . if it work then good but i will not buy one on it may work next month ,,,,,, , for me so far i find the darkbox hd , I have does not work very well and it feels very cheap . and i dont care who says what //// and thats a honest test on some one who has had a lot of stb , and i do no what im talking about , ...

Thanks
    Darkbox HD receivers, ok there are Darkbox owners who would not part with their receivers for anything, there are Darkbox owners who say the opposite.
    I refuse to be drawn into this argument but will state I have two Darkbox's one runs from 6.30 am to midnight the other from 9.30 am to 5 pm every day.
    I do not experience crashing problems UNLESS I am using a Diablo cam to open Conax channels. This cam is notorious for crashing whatever receiver it's in.
    It does not cope well when the encryption system is called upon to change from Conax to say nagra2 (for instance) then back to Conax.
    This is a fact of life, I see this in Technomate receivers and other makes.
    Having said that of course from time to time I do get the odd crash all patched receivers will do this now and again BUT this is very infrequent (I can only talk for myself).
    I have installed many Darkbox HD and Super HD receivers in customers homes and these customers rarely phone with a cry for help.
    Now it is possible to induce a crash by rapidly channel hopping, as when you do this you are asking the receiver to find different keys etc and if insufficient time is not allowed before calling up a new provider any receiver will get confused.
    To sum up I really don't believe the Darkbox has any real problems, there are a couple of things yet to be added to the software but when this is done I think several owners may well change their opinion.

Thanks
    pvr works well then ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Maybe a bit of a biased opnion then from Jimi as he is dm's darkbox mod. and distributor?? No mention of the superglue fix for the front flap.

ki

Thanks
    Hi,
    Darkbox HD receivers are something I can not recommend to any of my friends.I have also some other receivers.In fact quite many during these years.And I understand why people are suspicious about this new one.

But I am in open mind to see what a new linux darkbox will do.It will go up...or deep in ...

Thanks
    I have started to post on this site to help Darkbox owners, as I stated in my introduction that I would not be drawn into slanging matches.
    Now the PVR function does not as yet work as all very well know and is one of the software additions I mentioned above.
    The front cover flaps have been redesigned and replacements are available from your dealer.
    All I said above is true, yes I sell Darkbox's so what? (I am NOT a distributor), as a seller it's my responsibility to my customers and if you've ever had to deal with the public you DO NOT supply substandard goods, if you do you get an enormous come back, you will find if you look on another forum that I also spend a lot of time answering members problems but any section of any forum has the same sort of problems.
    Well you can think what you will about me but I'm here to help Darkbox owners with their problems I won't join in pointless arguments, if anyone needs help just ask.
    If you simply want to post insulting posts then go ahead I won't waste time answering them, constructive critic is fine these lead to improvements, but if your real problem is with a dealer take it up with them lets get on with the real job of the forum which is to get the best from our receivers whatever make they are.
    Last edited by jimihendrix; 27-09-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    Maybe a bit of a biased opnion then from Jimi as he is dm's darkbox mod. and distributor?? No mention of the superglue fix for the front flap.

ki
    as for the front flap we were total to fix it with magnets or we could have a new one free by darkman and £5.00 for p&p what a rip of as i said its cheap , and thats ture ,
    i dont use mine now as i so feed up with it , does not crash , just menu are so bad edit channels no software for the pc could go on all night but i will not lower my self to this , i dont like it and that it , THE END

Thanks

Please try

Quote Originally Posted by madsod View Post
    as for the front flap we were total to fix it with magnets or we could have a new one free by darkman and £5.00 for p&p what a rip of as i said its cheap , and thats ture ,
    i dont use mine now as i so feed up with it , does not crash , just menu are so bad edit channels no software for the pc could go on all night but i will not lower my self to this , i dont like it and that it , THE END

Please try the latest software released yesterday along with my channel and favourite list. You might get a nice surprise.

Thanks
    If someone sells the boxes they are going to say they are okay, ive had the same problems with my protek 9600ip, as soon as i slag the machine off has i think its no good, i get a load of people who sell them saying they are great.

I have no vested interest in any reciever, so why would i want to give advice to people telling them not to buy one when it makes no difference to me financially?

To be honest i dont take any notice of what people say, who sell them, or the few people who follow them around arse licking.

Im not saying this 9000 is not good but i would take anything from people who are connected any way with selling/promoting these recievers with a pinch of salt, has they havent got one themselves yet.

chelseaboy

Thanks
    Well keeping the thread back on track, and avoiding any insults that have not been put forward by anyone apart from DM talking about God and other stuff i can't quite grasp ...

It seems its going to be very difficult to get impartial advice on this product because as soon as someone says anything remotely derogatory, DM and his mates all chip and say what a great box it is ... i'm sure those that have been in the satellite game for quite a while will know whats what and who to believe ..

I have no affinity or relationship to any darkbox products or other supplier and just say as i see ... and based on past history and promises ... lets see what happens ..i for one would not recommend anyone one of these .. as the wonderful paint advert says 'it does excatly what it says on the tin" (unless its a darkbox)

Thanks

Thanks for the insult

Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy View Post
    If someone sells the boxes they are going to say they are okay, ive had the same problems with my protek 9600ip, as soon as i slag the machine off has i think its no good, i get a load of people who sell them saying they are great.

I have no vested interest in any reciever, so why would i want to give advice to people telling them not to buy one when it makes no difference to me financially?

To be honest i dont take any notice of what people say, who sell them, or the few people who follow them around arse licking.

Im not saying this 9000 is not good but i would take anything from people who are connected any way with selling/promoting these recievers with a pinch of salt, has they havent got one themselves yet.

chelseaboy

Thanks for the insult but if you would take a little trouble to read my posts you would have seen that I use two Darkbox receivers every day of the week.
    Your comment on arse licking is totally out of place and as you have never met me or know anything about me and is the sort of drivel I would expect from an idiot.
    Ok I came here to help members with their problems you apparently need no help so get on and find yourself a life, I'll help the members who need it.

Thanks
    don't think you have read his post very clearly Jimi .... suggest you re-read what he has said and think again about what you have posted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix View Post
    Thanks for the insult but if you would take a little trouble to read my posts you would have seen that I use two Darkbox receivers every day of the week.
    Your comment on arse licking is totally out of place and as you have never met me or know anything about me and is the sort of drivel I would expect from an idiot.
    Ok I came here to help members with their problems you apparently need no help so get on and find yourself a life, I'll help the members who need it.
    Did i mention you? i dont think so, i was saying how i find things and the way i treat things, if you feel insulted m8, im sorry but i didnt do it intentionally.

Oh and by the way, are you calling me a idiot?? I dont mind thats your opinion, but that is a insult.

Im not going to get into a slagging match and i was not directly posting directly to you, unlike yourself when you called me a idiot.

Chelseaboy
    Last edited by chelseaboy; 27-09-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks

Could be I misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy View Post
    Did i mention you? i dont think so, i was saying how i find things and the way i treat things, if you feel insulted m8, im sorry but i didnt do it intetionally.

Chelseaboy

Ok say I misunderstood, if you have a real problem with a Darkbox let me help, I have over 3500 posts on another forum helping members with many different receivers.
    Tell me what the problem is with yours and I will sort it out, please understand that my Darkbox receivers work almost all day one from 6.30 am till midnight. It does not "crash frequently" I would not supply any receiver that I thought would cause my customers to lose faith in me.
    It would simply not pay if I had to fix faulty receivers all day long.
    Darkboxes are reliable and work well if given the chance.
    If you need my help on any subject that I can help with just ask.

Thanks

Lets be clear about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robxxx7 View Post
    Well keeping the thread back on track, and avoiding any insults that have not been put forward by anyone apart from DM talking about God and other stuff i can't quite grasp ...

It seems its going to be very difficult to get impartial advice on this product because as soon as someone says anything remotely derogatory, DM and his mates all chip and say what a great box it is ... i'm sure those that have been in the satellite game for quite a while will know whats what and who to believe ..

I have no affinity or relationship to any darkbox products or other supplier and just say as i see ... and based on past history and promises ... lets see what happens ..i for one would not recommend anyone one of these .. as the wonderful paint advert says 'it does excatly what it says on the tin" (unless its a darkbox)

Ok lets be clear about this, I do sell Darkbox receivers, BUT if I did not sell this item would that make my statements more believable?

I could name a few companies who do not sell Darkbox products that I would not buy from under any cir***stances. So simply selling or not selling an item is no guarantee of a dealers honesty.
    I am sixty one years old, 40 years spent in the electronics industries in both maintenance and design of both analogue and digital equipment.
    I am not stupid and easily fall for paper specifications I actually buy and test an item before I decide if I am going to stock it.
    I state that I am happy with the Darkbox range of receivers and with planned software updates things will only get better.
    Now I own and use these receivers but I find many posts are in fact from people who don't own one and have no experience of them.

Again if you have a problem with a Darkbox ask me and I will try to help you, in all honesty that's all I can say.
    You can believe it or not it's your choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    can I suggest that anyone with an issue with a darkbox HD or a darkbox SD post a reasoned thread detailing the technical issues and hopefully jimihendrix or diavolo or someone may be able to help that person out , especially as I have given jimihendrix upload rights to those sections for just those purposes , he is here to help if you would let him do so ( within the parameters of what the boxes are capable of as opposed to what they are perceived to do )

as for the new 9000 , its not out yet so everything is pure speculation and so arguments and innuendo abound

lets just wait and see if its as good as woodsheen or if its more like artex when it actually arrives shall we ?

and no more insults please , lets keep it civil on all sides if we can do so

thank you

Thanks
    Thank you echelon, I am here to help if needed and that's all I want to do.

Thanks
    as far as i can see the only insults have come from those who are supposed to be here to help .... thats not what i call help ... if i require help i'll ask elsewhere thanks ... somewhere and someone impartial

Thanks
    Like i said in previous post i will wait until the 9000 comes out and see what people think, the only reason i didnt buy the 8000 was because of all the bad reports ive heard about it.

Hopefully the 9000 will be great and we will all live happily ever after, but like i said earlier no one will know until it comes out.

chelseaboy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast