Thread: Newbie

V.I.P
    Thanks

Question Newbie

Hi Guys
    Having enjoyed the DB for 4 years I have now cheated on it for the meantime by going HD with the 6900 super. Allseems fine and i have even managed the file transfer. However two small questions. 1 having loaded compasses excellent files is there a reboot proceedure? 2. Very strange but the box seems to veto many channels eg. While some channels of the perloaded ones work many come up with 'No or bad signal' Obviously if I am on satellite for some then others should show a signal. I there an internal menu or set of parameters to alter to get this solved or is it back to the dealer?[For example - Astra 19 will run the first fes low number trans but then firmly says the 'No or bad signal' thing on others]. Thanks for any help - Cheers - Brain

Thanks
    I cannot help you about your post 1 questions except to say magic also makes a channel list you can load in , and he keeps this channel list up to date , so it may help you

and compass has now uploaded the latest patch here too

there is a factory reset on these boxes but then you will lose all settings including the channel list

so normally you dont factory reset after loading in the compass files , no

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon11 Newbie

Hi Echelon
    Many thanks for all your help. Having been very used to my earlier TM and having conquered most of the DB 7000s features I now am totally puzzled by this 6900 - On many satellite eg 19e The box will show pictures from some transponders and then say no or bad signal to others. i was wondering whether a reload of all channels would be appropriate since they may out of date? Have tried both patches - Magic and Compasses - can get BBc Prime open but thats about all which was why I asked re a reboot but Im sure there must be an idiots guide somewhere on the site here? many thanks again - it seems funny to be back in the asking mode rather than giving help!! Cheers - Brain

Thanks
    the latest technomate firmware will contain all the sats and possibly the correct transponders

otherwise I would think once you have loaded the latest tm firmware , you should load in the latest magic channel list , and the tmsoftcam , and maybe the tps.bin file too

this should give you the correct updates similar to how we load a tm1500 , as its a similar box but has HD , freeview and other features too

so any guides tend to relate to either the tm1000 series or the tm5000 usb series when it comes to usb loading and other features

but if it came with the latest tm firmware then all you need is the v3.57p patch , the channel list , the tmsoftcam ( not a standard dreambox softcam )and the tps.bin file

then you should find premiere , polsat and digi tv will auto update , and the bin file will open tps for 2 days at a time

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon14 Tm 6900

Thanks very much E - a great help - can all the files be loaded via usb or does the TPS still need to be Null - modem. Is the Softcam the same as magics 14-09-08 file for the various updates?If i load the channel list should I delete all that are in the box atm? Great help - thanks - Brain

Thanks
    I have just uploaded the magic channel list for you on here

the tmsoftcam is the one by kempa82 that compass uploads in the tm1000 forum

the loader is the v1.87 one in the tm1000 forum

the tps.bin files MUST be loaded by the null modem cable and the loader, not by usb ( I dont think there is a usb option in the menu anyway )

the channel list , tmsoftcam and patches can be loaded by the usb methods AFAIK

please note I dont have one of these boxes but read a lot of posts about it

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon9 6900

Hi guys
    With all Ech's good help Ive loaded all Magics firmware -latest 29-09-08 - softsam key 02-10-08 and patch for pvr etc. Not a sausage opening on prem,Digi or anything else. What am I doing wrong? The DB 7000 now seems so simple in contrast. Once again - thanks for any help. Cheers - Brain

Thanks
    I hope it was this tmsoftcam here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63673 and not one for your dreambox !!

and I think you mean magic`s patch as only technomate release firmware

so technomate firmware , magic patch and the tmsoftcam that compass posts here for kempa82

if so , then premiere , polsat , and digi tv should au after a few minutes, but make sure the patch is turned on so you can see the cas and biss buttons in the system information section

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon12 newbie

thanks Ech - see what you mean - digi just cut in - Prem must take some time - will keep trying - roll on the DB 8000!!! Brain[ or none!!]

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon10 TM 6900 super

Hi Guys
    Me again! After all ech's great help and quick response the 6900 clear all but Prem - left it on a station for quite a while but it steadfastly refuses to update - Ive always used prem 1 in the past as the update channel. Am using magic of 29-9-8 and softcam 02-10-8. Any ideas? Am using my old Dragon cam atm and the HD's pretty good. I really dont know what they do at the factory with loading in channels but there is such a load of crap on the box when it arrives I'm tempted to do a complete wipe - it hasnt even caught up with the change to BBC news 24 which happened several months ago. This may give some idea as to when the software is also installed!! Cheers - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You are a bit ahead of me. I'm waiting for my new box to be repaired and returned.

From what I've read you might want to do an official technomate firmware update to 6.58. I believe the magic patch is based on that version of the technomate 6900box.

Perhaps though the more likely explanation for your problem is that you shouldn't need the dragon cam to clear premiere. See what happens with the cam out. You can flip between turning the patches au and external cam doing au by a '2004' setting in the tm6900 menu.

As a more general comment you might find that other things don't work with dragon and t-rex cams in that box such as the dragon load. So I've read.

Thanks
    if it has the latest tm firmware , latest v6.58p magic patch , then all I can suggest is a reload of the compass tmsoftcam ( and make sure its the tm softcam ) , an ordinary dreambox softcam is no good

now turn off , remove the dragon , turn on and leave on hit24 for a while until it au,s and clears

you can check the keys in slot 63 0401 for premiere by pressing mute and exit on hit24 , or by entering the cas menu in system info , and make sure it says cas and biss in that menu as 2004 will turn the patch on and off

if using the dragon cam , turn the patch off , if using the patch , turn the patch on

these procedures are simple and no different than users like me have used on the tm1500 for nearly 3 years or so , although some things change the basics are more simple than a dreambox , and I have a tm9100 running nabilo for dreambox so I know which is simpler to use and adapt

Thanks

Question Dragon Cam

Hi Brain - I always thought the Dragon ALSO had Premier with AU, but in any case EMPB's & Compass's files both have latest Prem keys inserted, so really cannot understand why Prem not opening on Super - espec as I too am going for the Super once my supplier sorts out a deal against my 'ordinary' 6900HD Combo! Do Nagra2 @ 23.5E open ok (including RedXclub1 & 2 11635V 28,500 9/10)? What about Polsat 13E & DigiTv 1W all on Nagra2?

(I've tried turning patch on & off as suggested by Echelon yet Premier remains throughout both with TM6900HD latest patch AND with that patch off & Dragon selected!)
    Last edited by holmroad; 03-10-2008 at 11:02 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon7 TM HD 6900 Super

Hi Holmroad
    Do I understand you cant open Prem? I Still havent fully solved it but since all others open with the softcam I inserted the keys manually via the Cas menu - it didnt show as 63 as it should but as 60 - all working ine now.Cheers - Brain

Thanks

Icon14 Premier

No M8 - youve got it all wrong - I DO get Prem whatever I do with the TM6900HD patch (on OR off) - as the Dragon opens it too - so I personally have had NO probs at all with Premier - touch wood!:respect-057:

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon7 6900 super

Hi Guys
    @ech -No I wasnt using DM cam but I have got all running but only by loading keys for prem manually. It seems my Prem key slot has moved to the wrong place - ie 60 - very mysterious since other stuff is running.Someone else suggests it might be the usb stick in wrong format so have Fat formatted one and will try again.Whats this 2004 thing? @holmroad- sorry to misunderstand you M8 - I just wanted the 6900 to run as it should since I use the Dragon elsewhere. Digi 1wand polsat run too as well as kingston 5e - dont know about 23e. Anyone nudge me as to how I save all my channel lists etc in case I need to do TM sortware update? Thanks for all the interest and help - still longing for the DM8000 - feel a bit of a traitor really - but its good to play with something else!! - Its a good forum to be part of! Cheers - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Very strong message now on another forum that we shouldn't be using the Magic channels list with the super version of the 6900. Creates more problems than it solves especially if you are using a V-box.

Funnily enough with all the latest patches (touch wood) I haven't had a problem with Premiere channels. No need to work through the portals and 'red book marker' either.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon7 6900 super

Thanks teassoc
    I havent loaded any of the channel lists - prefer to do them myself and much was on the box when it arrived - still would love to know how to back it all up - the DM now seems so simple 4 years on!!!! Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brain View Post
    Thanks teassoc
    I havent loaded any of the channel lists - prefer to do them myself and much was on the box when it arrived - still would love to know how to back it all up - the DM now seems so simple 4 years on!!!! Brain
    I assume it's a case of uploading your channels list to the usb pen. Supposed to do that before installing new firmware upgrades and patches so that you have a point of recovery if and when things go wrong. You also need to write down satellite positions as it seems those positions will need to be re-entered after a firmware upgrade. Perhaps someone can confirm that?