HD200 new PVR firmware release

At last, HD200 new PVR firmware release, this thread:-

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92232

Please assist if you can with tests and comments, thanks. Attachment 28762

Thanks

Icon10 H200 pvr

Hi

I have tried it and it works fine.
    Record and playback without any problems.
    Couldn't find a windows program to play the file though.

Thanks
    this software is no where near ready record works, playback doesn't, key edit facility now gone and my diablo cam is extremely flakey with 1.26 and cant role back to last software version, and to add insult to injury ive managed to wipe my channel list in the mayhem, stay away from this software!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzler View Post
    this software is no where near ready record works, playback doesn't, key edit facility now gone and my diablo cam is extremely flakey with 1.26 and cant role back to last software version, , stay away from this software!!!!
    Various folk on various forums are reporting differing results......ie: individual.

Transfer to PC and playback ok, Live a few minutes ago :- Attachment 28886

'Key Edit', you state ''key edit facility now gone'', not surprising as the 'official' release does NOT include a 'Key Edit' option, naturally as this would be seen to be an illegal inclusion ! For your benefit just run a test editing the syntax line for the recently amended Polsat 01 key, works 100% clearing instantly, as Nagra should, upon edit exit but, obviously using UNOFFICIAL software release!

This thread references link:- https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92232 does state that '' Added PVR capability....Official release:- ''......Official being the operative word !

Cannot understand your comment of ''and cant role back to last software version''.......... as this is always just a case of reloading your previous working version via RS232 (Null) or, with this receiver, simply using USB.

Again, your somewhat angry comment of ''and to add insult to injury ive managed to wipe my channel list in the mayhem'' can surely be easily resolved by simply reloading your previous list)file ie: xxxxxxxx .UDB'' file, that is assuming you had saved/copied the said file BEFORE updating......an accepted norm.

Apologies if this appears a bit scathing but these postings seem to appear in haste and before continued provings by the poster.

Just to clarify the HD200 tested config:-

Software/Firmware:- Attachment 28887 Attachment 28888

Whatever I hope you resolve yor problems with this receiver and all user input will aid its success asimilar to the Dreambox and Technomate comparative models.

Best wishes.

Thanks
    Ok didn't know about the key edit facility not being official as im quite new to this so i thank you for helping me understand abit more about the legalities of these sensetive subject matters.

I still cant roll back to older software I am using the old softwares that ive updated with before via the USB port

Aswell my diablo cam is extremely intermittant using 1.26

Ok my channel list problem was my own doing but I was having a bad time with all that went wrong or as mentioned above didn't understand, at this satge I was vey disgruntled, i actually did try to do a .UDB save it appeared to do it but as i realised later when i tryed to upload it again it was only 16Mb large, far to small, this after i did a factory reset.

All that said ive been very happy with this reciever and am just saying as i find, im not trying to put a spanner in the works as im trying to tread quitely in these forums whilst pick up as much info as possible.

I do seriously value your comments thou particulary on the officail software thing as im trying to pick up knowledge on subjects that seem to be taboo

Thanks Dishdad

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzler View Post
    I still cant roll back to older software I am using the old softwares that ive updated with before via the USB port

Aswell my diablo cam is extremely intermittant using 1.26

Ok my channel list problem was my own doing but I was having a bad time with all that went wrong or as mentioned above didn't understand, at this satge I was vey disgruntled, i actually did try to do a .UDB save it appeared to do it but as i realised later when i tryed to upload it again it was only 16Mb large, far to small, this after i did a factory reset.
    No problems and glad to see that you appear to be generally happy with the receiver.

Cannot quite understand your line:-

''I still cant roll back to older software I am using the old softwares that ive updated with before via the USB port''

.....it seems to read that you cannot reload previous firmware/software but are using previous files via USB ! Apologies if have misread your meaning.

You may not need these but to avoid possible confusion, here are the files for firmware/software version F117 together with a channel list:-

Attachment 28907 Attachment 28908Attachment 28905 Attachment 28907 Attachment 28908Attachment 28904

Both of these are available from this section but, as said, attached here for clarity. These files and their content have proven to be stable and preferred by many users. Version F117.UAD does not of course include the PVR option. Worthy of note is that the majority of users load via USB in preference to Null cable.

Similar no doubt to other Dreambox users, the Null cable is the cheapest thing you will ever buy for use with a receiver but as nearly all have found, sometimes the only way to revive it !:respect-060:

Sorry, never used a Diablo CAM or any other.....personally employ only softcams.

Re: your channel list mention ''it was only 16Mb large, far to small,''.....do not know what you have in there but the attached file above is only 296KB, thats some difference.....if it is not too personal, perhaps you can advise or send a copy to us here....that really is huge.

Only a suggestion but a safety net, back up all your settings before updating/editing etc.

Thanks for your post, advise us of your progress, this in turn may help others.

Please ask if you need any further clarification.

Best wishes. Attachment 28906

Thanks
    Cheers for all that information dishdad its was most useful,

I meant to write 16 Kb not Mb my mistake,

I have revived my box using the serial port thanks for advice, i also used the bootloader software from Mvsions home page,dont know if I need to but did anyway.

Im guessing my USB port got damaged,as couldn't upload softwares, or save channel info as explained file was 16Kb.

Now i have a working reciever the USB stick I was using, works in my PC but still not in my reciever, this is not a problem. as other sticks do work in my reciever.

Do you think the pulling of the usb from the box may have some ill effects on the usb stick/port, as there is no "safe to remove usb" soft switch as there are in PC's.

all that said I must thankyou for your time and knowledge.

Thanks
    Its better to try different usb sticks until you find a good working one.I for example tried 4 different brands and i got a kingston 512 to work ok with the receiver.If i use 1 gb stick , the receiver reads the firmware and tries to flash it,but after the counting on the front display it hangs.Problem solved using serial cable and flashing it with older firmware and then try again other usb stick.

So now that i know what usb stick i must use , i dont have problems with upgrading - downgrading firmwares directly from usb port.

Thanks
    Hi, this is my first post and i hope that it will help someone...I had 2 initial problems one was loading via usb-i was using a 256mb pendrive and that wouldn't work so i then used a 64mb sd card and usb reader/writer and all went through with no problem.
    secondly when i tried to use the 500gb ext hard drive, after installing speedy F126, it seemed to record but there was no sound and the image stopped about 5 secs in......i then remembered reading somewhere about formating the drive to fat32 and all is now working well(can't wait for a record timer facility)
    Last edited by bungle; 18-09-2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: error

Thanks
    Ive just brought a WD 320 Gb ex drive which cant be seen at all via my receiver, this wont even attempt to formatt in receiver, whilst my small 500mb pen drive reads and records and formatts fine, ive even tried formatting it on pc which it did OK, and the PC reads and writes to it fine. any ideas!

Thanks
    Its better if you use a small capacity hdd (80gb) and with external power supply or a laptop one with less than 500mA running amperage.

Thanks
    I have tested 1.26 using a pen drive and SD card reader and it is fine. I have the combo unit and it would be great to be able to a) set a timer to record via either the EPG or VideoPlus codes. & b) watch a terrestrial channel while recording a sat channel or vice-versa. But maybe that's asking too much.

BTW I'm in Dublin and I'm getting DVB-T in HD from the trial system here and it's great.

Thanks
    I`ve tried it with the patched 1.26 and 8gb pendrive, works fine with the sd channels but recording/playback of any hd ones are very jittery.

wonder if this isn`t the pendrive or maybe the patched softwares fault?

Any one else get perfect HD playback?

Thanks
    another 120GB usb 2.5 drive solved the HD recording/playback.......all looks fine now!

Thanks
    PVR works fine for me.
    I used an 8Gb stick as a trial and will add a 2.5" HD USB shortly.
    Playback for the ITVHD Eng game was fine, but the picture was jittery while watching the game at the same time as recording?

How to playback caught me out - I assumed that the play arrow would need hitting - instead its the enter button, which I don't consider very intuitive.
    The box need a much more comprehensive manual than comes with it, especially for a noob sat user like me.

I would also appreciate how to use the Speedy channel unlock software for Premiere.
    Which CAM would I need to buy or is there a good online guide to the use of CAMs and CIs (inc. the not so legal methods)?