Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Murruy QF

Thanks

Icon12 Andy Murruy QF

Any ideas where i can watch andy murruy in the US OPEN qf's?

rkbuttoo

yes

me too I think it will on sky sports extra??

Thanks
    If you have diablo 2.3, you can watch the match on eurosport pl which is on hotbird 11.240 v 27500 with english commentry.

Thanks
    Freeviewing on eurosport on Astra1 at 19.2

Thanks
    If you don't have a diablo cam you can also watch it fta on eurosport, astra 19e. The only problem is that the commentry will be in german.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Eurosport Germany Astra1 12227 H 27500 3/4

Now into the 3rd set with Murray taking the first two sets.

Thanks

andy murray

If you have a art card the tennis is on for two weeks on art 3.Watching andy now,in the fourth set.He should have won it in three.

Thanks
    Sly Sports Extra __ Or BBc Radio 5 !

Amazing sporting event ... 4 hours - well done Murray

Thanks
    Yeah top class. Should have won in three but credit the other guy who upped his game and nearly took it to five. The only problem for Murray is he has expended a lot of energy in this match and his 5 setter in the 3rd round. Having said that, Nadal is up next if he beats Mardy Fish and Nadal is looking a bit tired in my opinion. He struggled in his last match so should be a close match with Murray. This US Open is looking very open and any of Federer, Djkovic, Nadal, Murray, Roddick could win it. Gonna be interesting.

Thanks
    Murray was awesome in that semi. Some of the best tennis I have seen in a while, well since the Wimbledon Final anyway.

Thanks
    Murray has just won the US Open semi final , well done and good luck in the final

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

Icon14

Andy Murray booked his place in the US Open final after completing a spell binding victory over Rafael Nadal in New York.

Two sets up overnight after a rain delay on Saturday Murray lost the third set as Nadal had held a break, but Murray dug deep and won an amazing fourth set to go through 6-2 7-6 4-6 6-4.

British number one Murray will now go head-to-head with Roger Federer on Monday night when he will battle it out for the US Open title.

Leading 3-2 in the third set but two sets down, Nadal definitely brought his 'A' game with him on Sunday after a night's rest - and he was at least twice as good as he was on Saturday.

Murray though pushed the Spanish world number one all the way, but the Wimbledon, French Open and Olympic champion battled through to pull a set back.

21-year-old Murray could have folded as Nadal was pumped up and on top form, but immediately he signalled he was not about to let it slip when he forced eight deuces on Nadal's opening serve of the set.

Nadal then showed why he had won 54 out of his last 56 matches as he broke Murray to lead 2-1 and the writing looked on the wall, with the vociferous New York crowd backing Nadal strongly.

However, Murray still stayed strong and at 2-3 down, after seeing Nadal save the last 15 break points against him, he finally let another one slip and Murray levelled at 3-3.

Murray continued to do what almost everyone else on tour is unable to do - and match Nadal for power and stamina at the baseline, which brought about deuce on Nadal's serve at 4-5.

A truly mind boggling point then went Murray's way after an extensive and power-packed baseline rally - which left Nadal with his hands on his knees and blowing hard in a unique sign of tiredness from the man who usually batters his opponents into submission.

Just the one break point was needed and Murray converted to seal his fairytale in New York as he became the first British Grand Slam finalist since Greg Rusedski made the Flushing Meadows finale in 1997.

Murray now has just under 24 hours to prepare for the biggest match of his life with a the final against Federer, but they way the Scot has been playing many will feel he has a chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Andy Murray reflected on an 'awesome' semi-final win which gave him the chance to play Roger Federer for the US Open title.

Murray can become the first British Grand Slam winner since Fred Perry in 1936 if he can defeat Federer at Flushing Meadows on Monday night.

The 21-year-old Scot does have a winning record against the former world number one - although Federer is the king of New York after winning the last four titles.

Murray held a two-set lead after an overnight rain delay, but Nadal came firing back and was at his very best as he took the third.

The current number one could not live Murray, even from the baseline, and eventually Murray won out to book his place in the final.

Awesome

Britain's first Grand Slam finalist since Greg Rusedski in New York in 1997 was delighted to have finally won his first match against Nadal - and what a time to break his duck.

"It was awesome," Murray told Sly Sports 1.

"To beat him is a great feeling, he's beaten me five times in a row so that was tough in itself but to do it in a semi is mentally very difficult.

"With the rain delay yesterday, being up two sets and being in the driving seat, then changing courts, and it was windy today - there were a lot of things for me to deal with but I was really happy with how I did it.

"It was really tough to serve at the new end of the court, it was really windy, I don't know what it looked like watching but it was.

"It was tough to serve up there so I knew I would have chances to break and just had to hang in there.

"In that game I had six or seven break points before I lost it so it was tough to come back from that."

Final test

Murray is now tantalisingly close to a Grand Slam victory, but it will be his first final and he will be up against a man with a remarkable record.

Federer is also as hungry as ever after watching Nadal steal his spotlight this year, and it is his last chance to retain his record of winning at least one Grand Slam every year since 2003.

"It's going to be tough he's (Federer) played better these last couple of matches after he struggled a little bit early on," Murray added.

"But he played really well against Novak (Djokovic) and he's won here the last four times so to beat him in the final of a slam will be really tough

"He's got an unbelievable record in slam finals and here obviously so I'm going to have to play great to have a chance tomorrow."

Thanks
    Gonna be a close match with Federer. If Murray plays anything like he did against Nadal I reckon he'll take the title. In the past 6 months Murray has really come of age. Now number 4 in the world. Could be the first brit to take a grand slam title since Fred Perry.

Thanks
    Without exception here, our naturally Spanish support for Nadal, agreed that Murray was the deserved winner and as already mentioned, the match itself was 'awesome'.

Hope that Murray goes all the way to the title.

Banned
    Thanks
    have to agree dishdad.. you know all the crowd were 100% for rafal ,, yet andy ignored the lot ,,, and won the best match he has ever played..
    what a contrast to 2 years back when he had cramp at queens club ..
    so the FINAL!!!!! I JUST THINK HE CAN CAUSE A UPSET

V.I.P
    Thanks
    He's really upped his game now and played some great power tennis
    The final doesn't start until 10pm (could be a long night) and he's won 2 from 3 against Federer.

If he plays like he did last night it will be celebration time

Thanks

A Murray

1 W Eurosport RCS DigiTV 22:55 CET I Think. ENGLISH
    12687 H 27502 3/4
    Regards Russell

On NOW 21:58 UTC
    Got to Go
    Last edited by Russell Too; 08-09-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Dudez Donator
    Thanks

Icon7 us open tennis final

Live on eurosport with english commentary on hotbird 11242 v 27500

Thanks
    nice in HD here really good picture official subs on sly hd box...

federer playing awesome shots..

anyone notice murray looks scruffy compared to federer

2-2 2nd set

not watching on my motorised setup as picture quality no comparison..
    Last edited by KoFi; 08-09-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast