Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: echostar ad3600 and the diablo ca

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I seem to remember that there was a grey import of the Echostar 3600, which had a blackish casing, the real Echostar 3600 was silver, this could be the problem.

Thanks
    Hi
    Have put the echo caid in?
    theres a special caid file just for echostars.

Thanks
    hi m*****.

No i didnt put caid file in, first time i've heard about it. Do you or anyone else have this file and instrutions on how to put them onto my cam. There is a file on this site put i could'nt download it, I didnt have permission?

Banned
    Thanks
    news to me too ! i haven't done anything special re caids for my echo - but it is a silver one

Thanks
    hi goulie.
    No its a black receiver ad3600ipv

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi
    Cant access that address. says i dont have permission

Thanks
    ive sent you a pm

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nim View Post
    Cam works ok in a humax that i also have. Echostar is black in colour. I've tried the 1000 upgrade. It's a lost course this one. I'm using the echostar to move my dish then switching it over to the humax to watch the programs. Bit of a pain but will have to live with it. Might buy a ad3000 which does work with the diablo.
    Thanks for all the support guys.
    You could buy a V box to spin the dish if you're happy with the humax perhaps.

Thanks

diablo with a echo3600

hi m*****.

I had problems using my diablo in a echo ad3600ip black in colour. receiver would say cam not present. I read somewere that it works on a silver receiver ad3600ip with the 1000 ugrade on it. Well i got a silver one now and the silver receiver says the same as my other one. Any ideas. I've also put echo 3 on the cam

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I didn't think the CAID file would work as that only helps after the cam is recognised in the receiver.
    Have you tried the Diablo Cam in both CI slots?
    We know the cam is working because you have accessed it using your Cas 3, and it works in your Humax.
    Does it seem a tight fit in either of your Echostar receivers CI slots?
    Have you any other old Cams you can try in your Echostar receivers to see if they are working?
    Did you do a factory reset before loading the 1000 software?
    As you can tell I am running out of ideas.
    Where did you get the silver Echostar 3600 from, as these receivers are very old now?

Thanks
    Tried both slots. Matrix and magic cams work ok with the echo. Slots not tight and got the silver3600 of my brother. Only thing i didnt do was a factory reset before i upgraded. Will try that later and let you know the outcome. Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try checking the Diablo Cam after doing a factory reset, I doubt if it will recognize it but I'm getting stumped by this one !!!!!!
    The only thing I can think of is that the Cam is slightly faulty and doesn't fit into the Echostar CI slots, but the fact that it works in the Humax is strange. maybe a different design on the CI slot pins.
    The fact that both Echostars, I assume it's both, recognize other cams shows that the receivers are working.
    I don't suppose you know anyone else with a Diablo Cam that you can use to test it in the Echostar receivers?
    That would be too much of a coincidence, the fact that your brother had a Silver Echostar was enough of a coincidence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12