Thread: AD3000IP Replacement

Thanks

Icon9 AD3000IP Replacement

My Echostar AD3000IP has just gone kaput after 7 faithful years without a glitch, but its time to replace it with a new motorised reciever. Can any one recommend a good quality one that will take my cams etc.

Thanx in advance for any replies

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi
    I had only had Echostar SR5500 , SR7700 Then the AD3000ipva and the AD3600 and I had always been very happy with them. I was lent a Technomate TM1500 super by my M8 and I thought it knocked spots off my echostar so I sold my echostar and bought a TM1500 and have been very happy with it. I have had it for about 2 years now. I nolonger use any of my cams, once patched it seems to do every thing. It does have a cam slot. The only down side was i had to buy a Vbox to control my 1.2meter channel master dish as the TM1500 wont drive a jack arm.
    There are newer Technomate units out now I would go for one of them.

:respect-069:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i used to have the echostar 3000IP and thought the world of it,but when it went bang,i bought a dreambox 7020 and i now see how primitive my old echostar was in comparison.
    if your getting a new reciever it has to be the dreambox.ian.
    Last edited by ian; 13-08-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks

Thanx

Both seem to be good but is there one that I could use to move my 1 meter motorised dish without me having to buy a positioner as well.....

Thanks
    Ahhhh! You beat me to it Grayman!! Like you I use the same Echostar to move my 1.2. It's been faithfully moving E to W 365 days a year for around 15 years without any maintenance. If my Echostar 3000ip goes pop I will be on e*** for another! I watch telly through Technomate and Clarke Tech but frankly they are cheaper than a CAM so are 'throw away' items. One weakness with my Echostar is it will not update a Dragon. Otherwise has been magnificent servant.

Thanks

Just a quicky...

If I bought the Dreambox 7025 & the VBOX positioner will it link thru the Dreambox so that you could control the position of your dish on the same screen as the Dreambox............

Thanks
    Once the Vbox is linked to the Dreambox you can forget it exists.

All the settings are done on the Dreambox.

VBox does not support optical 36v jacks, only the reed sensor type which have 4 wires I think.
    Last edited by xanadu; 12-08-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks

Looks Like ...........

Thanx xanadu...............That answers my question, I have had my motor for over 10 years and without going out in the rain i think it is a 36volt reed/hall effect switch with 4 wires. So it looks like our sponsor is in for an order!:respect-048:

In the beeches
    Thanks
    One problem you will notice is how good the Echostar AD3000IP video & audio quality is compared with some modern receivers.

Try to see some of these receivers working before buying.

Thanks
    hi grayman, i bought a topfield5ooocip 36volt its done a great job so far 1 year on:respect-048:

Thanks

Thanx again....

Thanx to you all for some good infomation. I am going to do some more research into the Dreambox ie what and how you update it, I have used cards and cams for so long this image business is a new ball game to this oldie......:cheers2:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    be prepared for it to take over a very big part of your life mate.
    it just does so bloody much,you never cease to find other things to do with it and the learning takes quite some time.if your not pc literate,then maybe the dreambox is not for you,but if you are,then a whole new world is about to open up for you.try reading the threads in the dreambox section.i and others have written quite alot of guides.see if you can follow them and then buy your dreambox and vbox.ian.

Thanks
    Hi Ian
    Yes the Dream section is on my read list after i have got thru the Dream Manual...........lol