Thread: season 2 logger help with jumpers

Thanks

season 2 logger help with jumpers

hi just purchased what i think is a season2 logger with card reader on back end..has one chip on board with power socket led 5v regulator but has 2 sets of jumpers one set has 4 pins the other 2 pins i think...can anyone tell what these jumpers are for? there was no instuctions with it..
    with power applied red led lights but wce etc does not do anything guess these jumpers need to be configured some way..
    cheers i advance for any advise..

2.    Advert

Thanks
    Normally the chip is a 232 TTL and the jumpers are for logger or emulator settings ( check their links and should go on the 232 chip 8 - 9 - 10 pins ).
    The other jumpers should be for internal or external power supply use. ( if its internal position choosed then it takes electricity from the cam or receiver ).
    Have a try also with Fausto Emulator to play around with the season. (windows tool with gui )

Thanks
    thanks snakey
    i should said these pins have no jumpers on them thats why im lost so check which pins jumpers go to ? and can u tell me perhaps which pins should be shorted for different modes?
    ive done alot googling tonight but cant find any technical information only sat companies selling..u have given me something to go on.. any more info you may have would be great..

Thanks
    Can u take a photo of it and upload it somewhere? Up and down side please to see the circuit how it goes.

Thanks
    Hi Snakie, i have uploaded the images here they are.

Top:

Bottom:

Thanks
    As im not allowed to upload an image, pm your email to send u the photo with the details.

Thanks
    snakie
    as you mentioned i have sucessfully used fausto ok on my reloaded cam with 1051 firmware but that was with my basic old season using max232 and a sn7407 this new logger seems to use a different chip and no 7407 but i guess its from the same family..i have sent u pm with my email addy which is also my msn addy should you want it...
    cheers

Thanks
    hi snakie i finish these orrible night shifts so wed onwards got time to play with new season..a few people seem to have problems emailing me..i checked this morning and only had a load spam emails..so if you have sent pictures etc..let me know here..i will check tues when i get home...thanks again...

Thanks
    I have sent u the photo pointing the pins and their purpose.This new season has a 232 TTL on it but from another factory ( the 7407 is a hex buffer , not always needed for a season ).

Thanks
    This model season does away with open collector 7407 gate, replacing it with a schottky diode, usually type BAT41. You must bridge that 2-pin jumper to tie both rs232 TX/RX (PC side) to the single ISO7816 i/o line (card side).

The other multi-pin set of terminals are simply to sniff the rs232 lines. don't jumper those at all.

I haven't traced the contacts to see whether this can be powered from the card slot. If it still doesn't work in WCE after jumpering the bat41, try a 5V PSU.

Thanks
    gooseye mate , i traced the lines and needs an external power supply ( as u can see on the photo there is a transistor to stabilise the output all the time).
    The 2 pins alone are the ones for tx/rx from receiver side and the others as u said are just there for sniffing-measuring and nothing else.

Thanks
    hi guys thanks for all your help..i have linked the 2 pin jumper as you say the other 4 pins are just rs232 connections...if i put say my digitalb card in reader then season in conax cam picture clears fine..but with the emulation side had no luck yet..using same settings as my old standard season interface..
    fausto replys with atr sent sucessfully but no boot after that..so is the chip used on this board changing perhaps baud settings?
    cheers

Thanks
    no baud rate changes, just signal level changing between rs232 & TTL.

See if you can use it as a pure logger for your digitalb card. Even good old windecrypt1.05 can be used for that, in seca mode, 8861 baud for ATR & data (assuming you have a conax 4.0 CI). Windecrypt will misinterpret the Conax ATR as seca & screw up the first line or two, but usually "locks on" to the standard ISO7816 traffic thereafter. If you do try windecrypt for logging original card, most importantly set "Mode" to "Log Card".
    Last edited by gooseye; 12-08-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks
    No..Use Fausto as i know that it works ok and is up to date for most of the cards.We ( masare team and saoud007 ) made a lot of tests.If Fausto reports that atr sent then you need to play with the baud - delay .Btw you dont need to have a card on season.Fausto manages everything just fine.Go also in the installation folder of Fausto and you will find many documents with examples and parameters.

Thanks
    Sorry, I am a little out of touch with the sat scene these days. Will be sure to check out your fausto emu. thanks.

Thanks
    thanks snakie
    got you email fine...think ive sussed out the season 2 fausto is ceratinly logging digitalb card ok but does not show dcw i will try the emulation side today with new season 2 with jumper on the 2 pins...
    on my old season with max 232 and 747 settings that work for premier are
    emul iredeto
    baud 5700
    parity even
    data stop bits etc 8 and 1

when i tryed the new season 2 all i got was atr sent sucesfully but it was a quick test im off for rest week now...so will try further and report back...
    cheers

Thanks
    hi had chance to try season 2 logger but no luck so far...have tried various baud rates including 5700 which works with my old season interface.....i get atr sent sucessfully but thats as far as it gets no boot after that...i know it uses diff chip and has no 7407 and i guess the baud rate is different..anyone suggest any values to try using fausto...
    cheers

Thanks
    oops perhaps im being thick....have not tried with psu connected that may help...ill let u know...
    cheers

Thanks

Icon3

2 pin switch - enable/disable write INS
    Attached Files Attached Files

21. The Following User Says Thank You to EnoSat For This Useful Post:

BM300 (15-09-2011)

Thanks
    hi. anyone can help me with the values of the components to make it?
    season 2 logger