Thread: tuner settings v-box/actuator.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts

tuner settings v-box/actuator.

taken these out of mine as a lot of poeple seem to be having trouble , if you are running a different set up please post them to help others.

dm800 v-box actuator c120 universal lnb.

config mode.......................advanc ed
    sat.............................. .....12.5w
    volt mode...........................po larisation
    tone mode..........................ban d
    use usals............................ no
    stored position....................014
    lnb.............................. ......lnb1
    diseqc mode.......................1.2
    tone burst..........................no ne
    comm diseqc comm..............none
    fast diseqc.........................no
    sequence repeat..................no
    command order....................comm tone burst
    uncommited diseqc comm.......none
    diseqc repeats.....................none
    long............................. ......005.100east
    lat.............................. .......050.767 north
    lof.............................. .......universal lnb
    increase voltage...................no

Thanks
    Hi all

I found this on another site it Helped me set my vbox with DM800.

Had alot of probs with this my self and to tell you the truth your better of knowing how to sort it its not hard just took me a couple of hours to work it out talk about a head melt

what you need to do is set each sat up its self go to main menu , set up , service searching then go to tunner configuration you should only have one option tuner A hit ok on this now this is were alot of people are messing up from what i can see on alot of places on mine its set like this and you have to do this for every sat you set up

configuration mode advanced
    satellite astra/eurobitd (28.2e)
    voltage mode polarization
    tone mode band
    lnb ok push this once to the right then you get a bigger menu
    ok you now have ( usals for this sat ) were lnb was and it has moved under it
    use usals for this sat no.
    stored position ok make this to what ever you are going to set it as in your
    motor settings that for 28 mine is set to 028
    lnb is now under this mine is set to 1
    diseqc mode 1.2
    after that i never changed any thing just left them as they were what i did find was i had to do one sat go find it then reboot then back in to the tunner settings to set up for the next sat as was done above so after you set your sat in the tunner settings press ok takes you back to choose tuner press exit then pick positioner setup now as we have set it to find a sat we can now move the dish from left to right so as long as your motor is set up right this next bit should not take to long select tune ok not working did my head in this press the red button says tune on it why they did not let you use the ok button on this i dont know but any how takes you to a new menu

tune manual transponder
    satellite astra/eurobird (28.2e) push left or right till you see your sat
    frequency 10773
    inversion auto
    symbol rate 22000
    polarity horizontal
    fec auto
    now press ok takes you back to the positoner setup menu

now go to positioner storage as you set it to 028 in the tunner set up page set this to 28 or what ever you set it at then go to positioner movement click the blue button to move it east wait till you get a lock push the blue button again to stop it then move down to positioner fine movement for this you will have to push green or yellow for what ever way you need to go what i will say is you will only get about 25 or so % on your sat but dont worry one of my sats is as 15 or so and its ok think its a bug to do with the tunner but will be fixed from what i have seen when you have the lock puch down on to positioner storage make sure it says 28 if going by what i set it at click green button to store it now click exit click no if some thing comes up about zap back go to manual scan

tuner tunera: alps bsbe2 (dvb-s2)
    type of scan single transponder
    system dvb-s
    satellite astra/eurobird (28.2e)
    frequency 10773
    inversion auto
    symbol rate 22000
    polarity horizontal
    fec auto
    network scan yes

then click ok it will do a full scan when done click exit then do a reboot when out of the menus when back on go to 28 and pick a chan should work only prob i think you might have with 28 is 19e as they can pick up on the same transponder so when its doing its scan it should come up on the page bskyb witch im sure you know if not stop the scan then go back and move the dish more east should fix the prob , so if all is ok you will now have to do all thins from the start for every sat till they are set up i only have 1w , 5w , 13e , 16e , 19e , 28.2e on mine so only had to do it 6 times but its good to do as it lets you see how the menu works .

One more thing i found was i had to get different transponders from what i would have used on my 500 these are the ones i used for the 800 on some sats i had to scan 2 or 3 times so here is the list i used

1 west = 11216 v 24500 7/8
    5 west = 11521 v 29950 7/8 11591 v 20000 2/3
    13 east = 11862 h 27500 3/4 12034 v 27500 3/4 10930 h 27500 3/4
    16 east = 11055 v 27900 3/4 11011 v 27500 3/4
    19 east = 10832 h 22000 3/4 10773 h 22000 5/6
    28 east = 10773 22000

Chris
    Last edited by chris2005; 14-02-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: take out links