Thread: How to Convert Apollo > Openbox.!

Threaded View

Thanks

Icon14 How to Convert Apollo > Openbox.!

HI Guys..

Seems this is missing here so I decide to Post it for ALL to Read..!
    I Posted this in a Reply for one of the Guys..
    But I DO NOT want it to get Lost so I have opened a new Thread .!

Starting from Scratch..

To Load the conversion S/W use the Phoenix Apollo Loader called "All_Updater(1.00)"
    The S/W is the Conversion S/W named "wsw" File.
    Make sure you have the right S/W Version for your Box..!
    Before you Open the AllUpdater V1.0..
    put your STB in OFF at the Mains use the switch on the back.!
    That's important otherwise it will NOT connect properly..!

Now Insert your NullModem Cable..
    Open the All Updater(1.00) and Set up your COMM Port..! now Load the S/W File press Update and NOW Switch the Box ON using the Back Mains Switch..!
    AND WAIT until it shows an "" 8 "" in the Display..
    First you see three Green Lines being moving across the Screen then a " n " then a " 0 " wait patiently until this finishes and you see the "" 8 "..IMPORTANT..!!
    Takes about 5 to 6 mins..

Now you can Scan your Sats after this Operation if you wish..they will remain in place after the Openbox S/W is Loaded.

Loading the Openbox S/W use the Updater for Openbox S/W " OpenBoxUpdater_v2_RC4 "
    Same procedure as above..
    WAIT until you see the "" 8 "" Displayed on Sceeen.!!

Now go to Menu > Press 1117 on your Remote and Activate the EMU..

Now using the "All keys + tps - Pobedit - 0.922 " Load the latest Softcam and you are Up and running..
    You only need to do the Key Reset.
    ALL Finished..

I have Uploaded ALL you need to get started in the Tools and Firmware Section.

1.Both the Loaders.
    2,Conversion S/W for the Apollo CI+MC.
    3.Openbox S/W Version for the Apollo CI+MC.
    4.Latest Softcam incl Loader.
    5.Last but NOT least a Settings/Editor Loader to Edit your Settings and the Keys Editor/Loader for the Key Files all in one.

OR this Method Quick Guide:
    Step 1 : Switch off the Openbox at the mains and connect it to your PC using a "null modem" cable.
    Step 2 : Run the Loader programme and set the serial port to whichever serial port you use.
    Step 4 : Now click the "File Tab" and load the Openbox update you downloaded.
    Step 5 : Now click the "Update" tab and switch on the mains supply to the receiver.
    You will now see 3 horizontal bars travelling from left to right, this will continue for a couple of minutes after which you will see "n" again moving left to right followed by "0" and lastly "8" DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS UNTILL YOU SEE "8" OK the update is over switch off the receiver, remove the cable and switch on the receiver again.
    The main thing is once started do not interfere with the process YOU MUST WAIT FOR "8" to appear only then is the update over.
    Follow these instructions and you won't go wrong, make sure that you use the correct file for your receiver.

Quick Guide Compliments of JimiHendrix.. TKS

Enjoy.
    Cheers
    Andrew
    Last edited by Andrew007; 20-04-2009 at 07:55 AM.