Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreambox DM800 setup help please

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aabs View Post
    Getting there now but how do i get my C line?
    Not sure you should be discussing this on the open forum, but if you know what it is then you must know how to get one.

You need help, from others.

ki

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    Not sure you should be discussing this on the open forum, but if you know what it is then you must know how to get one.

You need help, from others.

ki

Ki your right, And I do but its where to look. Been comfortable/lazy with old Sammy for to long and missed the boat on this journey of discovery.

Thanks
    Following this..........

HackSat_Key_downloader_v9_for_dm8 00 with dcc ftp into /usr/script and change chmod (attributes) to 755 then into blue panel
    extras / settings then scroll down to user-script and run HackSat_Key_downloader

But when I enter user-script via blue panel HackSat_Key is never there just this

Ifconfig
    Modules
    Netstat
    Ecm.info

What am i doing wrong ???

PS Using Gemini 3.7

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Abs, mate,

Installing the Hacksat keys wont get you any other packages that installing a dreambox key file. Using gemani here is how to install a softcam if you have not already.

Gemani 3.7 select the blue button then option 2 addons. Then download gemani server then select cam enteries and download a cam (use cccam 2.09), next then exit back and download the same name cam config file. After installing a cam exit back out then push blue button and select first option select cam using left and right arrows. It will change to the one you have downloaded. Then green button to start the cam. You will need the keys installed as describled earlier.

Installing dreambox key files is easier too.

Download the latest dreambox or eagle box keys file. Extract the file within.

Send the keys file to usr/keys
    send the scce fiel to usr/scce.

This will give you all the latest channels.

Packages still clearing, polsat, premier, digi tv, plus lots of odd channels here and there.

ki

Thanks
    Thanks Ki, I already got the ******bundle method done.
    Im trying to play with the box and learn the different methods but hit a dead end that I cant sort with the hack****** file. Just cant get it to appear even with the attributes changed.

Thanks

Icon12 thanks

hi guys, this thread gave me the final knowlegde to get my dm800 up and running, so thank you so much, deepest respect

Thanks
    does this work with the satankey bundle?

It surely does.. Cheers kegnkiwi.. i was started a thread earlier abt how to get cam's working.. turns out i was ftp'ing var instead of usr... lol
    Easy when you know how..
    Last edited by psham; 22-10-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hda5 View Post
    Here's a set-up procedure that I've copied and pasted from sleepy on another forum, all credit to sleepy, hope this helps.

1. Unpacked the dreambox
    2. Plugged it in (including network cable to router or PC) and went thru the initial setup (probably dont need this step!!)
    3. Turned off the box at the wall and held in the power button on the box, then switched back on at wall, to get into a mode to load new firmware
    4. The oled on the front shows **BOOT** and an ip address.
    5. Fire up a web browser and enter http://<ip shown on db>
    6. This takes you into a web page where you can click to load new firmware.
    7. browse to where your new firmware image is (I downloaded and LOVE the latest Gemini image)
    8. Click on load/go and thats it - sit back for a couple of minutes till status bar on web page shows "complete"
    9. Press the power button on your DB this will restart your box and load the new Gemini firmware with a CLASS looking boot screen.
    10. Go thru initial setup (as per original image)
    11. Here you can either scan satellites, or cancel and load settings from the gemini server (blue button)
    12. After initial setup I pressed the BLUE button on the remote - then choose addons and selected gemini server.
    13. This gives you access to softcams and all sorts. All I needed was Cccam, so choose this, and it installed.
    14. FTP'd a cccam.cfg to my box (usual place /var/etc) then off I went.

Once you run thru the initial setup - press the GREEN button and choose "Software update" - this will install the latest dvb drivers
    I'm Trying to Flash an Image to my mates box and i'm not getting anywhere my head is a shed I followed this to do list and everything went fine up to point 6....here i ended up at a page that said..... 'Dream Box Webbrowser TV'...or something similar and a row of selections like...TV.......Radio.......Films ....Web TV.....etc.
    I had no option to do anything...Has anyone any Idea were iv'e gone wrong please?

rgds.Tryharder

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryharder View Post
    I'm Trying to Flash an Image to my mates box and i'm not getting anywhere my head is a shed I followed this to do list and everything went fine up to point 6....here i ended up at a page that said..... 'Dream Box Webbrowser TV'...or something similar and a row of selections like...TV.......Radio.......Films ....Web TV.....etc.
    I had no option to do anything...Has anyone any Idea were iv'e gone wrong please?

rgds.Tryharder
    looks like you let the dreambox bootup instead of holding in the little button near the front oled when you first switch it on

once you have done this , you will get some details i,e BOOT , and an ip address so write that ip down

now put that IP into your web browser after http:// and you will get the loading screen on your pc ( assuming you are connected by ethernet through a router )

then you browse to the file as per the instructions and tell it to load , then leave it while it flashes the box until it says complete

when you reboot the box , go through all the menus to setup different things like the screen and network , and the motor or fixed dish part too

then when finished assign a fixed ip for the dreambox in its menu , so that it always uses this same local ip address ( apart from when you are flashing it )

so eventually if the router is say 192.168.1.1 as a host , set the dreambox to say 192.168.1.15 or some other number a good 10 or more away from the router host , turning off dhcp and setting that last number manually and saving it

Thanks
    Thanks echelon....I did what you said about holding the front button down and got the IP of the box.... I pasted it in a browser and got a page saying something about ..' If you are seeing this page you haven't any Linux based operating system on the box'....I had the Dreambox Control Centre open and at this point the connection between the Pc..Router and Box..ie.(the green line) turns red and the connection is lost so i unplug the DB and plug it in again it then shows a Network...I then once again paste the IP of the box in the browser and it is at this point that i get the page i posted earlier....When I have done the first part to get the IP of the Box should i wait a little longer for something else to happen?

rgds.Tryharder

Thanks
    you dont need dcc open at all . or connected

just follow the instructions as listed , but its the little tiny button near the oled that you press whilst powering on , not the power button mentioned in the copy and paste , and then when it says boot , wait for the ip address , and note it down , then use that ip address in the web browser

once you have the web browser up , you will see some sort of loading screen in that browser , and use that to locate the file

rebooting the box means you have bypassed the loading screen as its booting up if you havent pressed the little button on powering up , which is why you are eventually seeing the web interface for the box , probably on a different ip ( but could be the same ip )

so just follow the instructions exactly as listed but its the little front button you hold , not the power button

Thanks
    OK...did that again...
    pressed the button and got the IP..on the DB sscreen it says........

Dream Multimedia
    ip..192. etc. etc.
    *** stop ***

I copied the IP and pasted it into a browser...I then get taken to a page headed...

This is the DM800 bootloader Web Interface........

If you see this, your box didn't boot to Linux.
    Unless you interrupted the boot process, this usually means that you have no valid operating system in flash.
    Don't panic! It's not a problem. You can just flash a new version and everything will be fine!
    Otherwise, you can boot from network or USB.
    If you're about to give up, you might get help at the Dream Multimedia Support board!
    Currently there aren't many other features...

I have done EXACTLY as posted and this is the page i am taken to....
    any ideas please??

Thanks for the continued help..

rgds.Tryharder

Thanks

Icon14

click the Firmware Upgrade Tryharder m8ey as in image 1
    then you get new page as in image 2

navigate to nfi image you want to flash

Thanks
    Thanks spider...
    Done that and loaded the image...NabiloBlackhole_DM800_07, nfi

Is that correct mate...Do I now connect it to the TV?

rgds.Tryharder

Thanks
    I am surprised at you using such an old image

I would have used blackhole 0.11 or 0.12 , or one of the new dream elites ( 1.0 or 1.6 ) or the latest oozoon or similar ( providing its not a clone )

but the details spider gave you are correct for loading once you are on that webloader screen

the dm800 should be connected to the tv by say scart at first while you deal with all the questions it asks you on booting , then maybe change to hdmi later when you have got more used to it

Thanks
    The Image was suggested to me Echelon so that is why i loaded it...
    I have connected via scart and done the basic set up..d/l a cccam and settings....I have various menu's but no picture it says configure tuner A and then crashes via a green screen and reboots..The Lnb is connected but don't seem to get a signal...If i re-attach my Eagle it works fine..

Never seems simple when i do this stuff

Thanks..

regards Tryharder

Thanks
    Just a thought....as daft as it may sound..does it need a particular LnB with it being a HD box?

rgds.Tryharder

Thanks
    could be a bad flash , but I would try say nabilo 0.11 if you really want an image in the flash as opposed to a pureflash in there for usb booting

be aware if its a clone you may need to use a clonesafe image

a standard , modern , universal lnb will work just fine

Thanks

Question

what image was on the box before this re-flash Tryharder m8ey ????

Thanks
    As far as i know it wasn't flashed...So i asked a mate on Toes who has been really helpfull sorting my Eagle box out if he would help me sort out a mates Dreambox 800 HD PVR and he suggested the Image i mention in my 1st post..Anyway I have now loaded ...NabiloBlackhole_DM800_011G2.nf i as Echelon suggests.....I am trying to understand the next stage so i am reading plenty...I assume i need to D/L some settings..channel lists etc. to get it to do it's thing and i am VERY open to any suggestions

I appreciate all the help so far....Thanks

rgds.Tryharder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast