Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreambox DM800 setup help please

V.I.P
    Thanks

Dreambox DM800 setup help please

I have installed OoZooN DM800HD 080614 in the box and BarryAllen, gemini2-360 and NabiloBlackHole in usb flash mem

I got the box yesterday have not got clue what I am doing can someone tell me step by step what I have to do and download and where to put it to get it working please I have looked around the internet but nothing is making sense to me
    All the best Dean.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,119 Times in 687 Posts
    In gemini press the "blue" button on your remote --> addons --> download & install.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks but install what
    All the best Dean.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean sat View Post
    I have installed OoZooN DM800HD 080614 in the box and BarryAllen, gemini2-360 and NabiloBlackHole in usb flash mem

I got the box yesterday have not got clue what I am doing can someone tell me step by step what I have to do and download and where to put it to get it working please I have looked around the internet but nothing is making sense to me
    All the best Dean.
    You've done better then me then, I am still in Enigma land, did you flash your box over a network or off a null modem lead?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    i think its only possible to flash dm800Hd over network ive tried many times using null modem without success..
    i open DreamUP And select Use Network and Flash TAB wait for Flash loader message to end then input IP of dream800HD into search bar at top on your web browser much faster this way too. ive successfully loaded only Nabilo blackhole image with keymap classic nuetrino mode plugin for remote and CCcam2.09 Newcs 160b working 100% ok and card reader reading my cyfra card 100% ok aswell,
    good luck guys its a lovely box and a pleasure to work with only advice i would strongly suggest is to Forget gemini team and thier very "Dodgy" images and try a real great team NABILO Team image as they make always superb images... once again hats off to Nabilo Team on an excellent image thank you,
    regrds,
    barney

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean sat View Post
    Thanks but install what
    All the best Dean.
    Here's a set-up procedure that I've copied and pasted from sleepy on another forum, all credit to sleepy, hope this helps.

1. Unpacked the dreambox
    2. Plugged it in (including network cable to router or PC) and went thru the initial setup (probably dont need this step!!)
    3. Turned off the box at the wall and held in the power button on the box, then switched back on at wall, to get into a mode to load new firmware
    4. The oled on the front shows **BOOT** and an ip address.
    5. Fire up a web browser and enter http://<ip shown on db>
    6. This takes you into a web page where you can click to load new firmware.
    7. browse to where your new firmware image is (I downloaded and LOVE the latest Gemini image)
    8. Click on load/go and thats it - sit back for a couple of minutes till status bar on web page shows "complete"
    9. Press the power button on your DB this will restart your box and load the new Gemini firmware with a CLASS looking boot screen.
    10. Go thru initial setup (as per original image)
    11. Here you can either scan satellites, or cancel and load settings from the gemini server (blue button)
    12. After initial setup I pressed the BLUE button on the remote - then choose addons and selected gemini server.
    13. This gives you access to softcams and all sorts. All I needed was Cccam, so choose this, and it installed.
    14. FTP'd a cccam.cfg to my box (usual place /var/etc) then off I went.

Once you run thru the initial setup - press the GREEN button and choose "Software update" - this will install the latest dvb drivers

V.I.P
    Thanks
    That's great advice guys, I am just awaiting my network access point and USB stick, I guess before I install anything on the USB stick, I've guess I've got to format it using Fl**hWiz**d?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harshy View Post
    That's great advice guys, I am just awaiting my network access point and USB stick, I guess before I install anything on the USB stick, I've guess I've got to format it using Fl**hWiz**d?
    I couldn't get Fl**hWiz**d to work with the DB800

I used DCC to fire Barry Allen accross as a plug-in, then used barry Allen to sort the USB stick.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    I see from time to time how new DM800 users make a difference between Enigma(2) and inofficial images...ALL images are Enigma(2), the inofficial images are simply customized versions by different teams.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi all got it working ok now and would like to thank you all

I installed gemini2-360-dm800-200806191232 onto db with browser then installed cccam-2.0.9 from blue panel and HackSat_Key_downloader_v9_for_dm8 00 with dcc ftp into /usr/script and change chmod (attributes) to 755 went into blue panel extras / settings then scroll down to user-script and run HackSat_Key_downloader
    Only thing I can see that dose not work is prem erotic prem sport is ok

Hope this helps someone
    All the best Dean.

Thanks
    Nice one Dean, glad to hear you got there in the end mate

Thanks
    dean- erotic channels are on the green button when you are on the erotic portal channel.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    dean- erotic channels are on the green button when you are on the erotic portal channel.
    Yes m8 I get service unavailable or check tuner configuration
    All the best Dean.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello guys,

I've done all this, but still black screen, I installed CCam 2.09 then ran the script, but still black screen?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hda5 View Post
    Here's a set-up procedure that I've copied and pasted from sleepy on another forum, all credit to sleepy, hope this helps.

1. Unpacked the dreambox
    2. Plugged it in (including network cable to router or PC) and went thru the initial setup (probably dont need this step!!)
    3. Turned off the box at the wall and held in the power button on the box, then switched back on at wall, to get into a mode to load new firmware
    7. browse to where your new firmware image is (I downloaded and LOVE the latest Gemini image)
    8. Click on load/go and thats it - sit back for a couple of minutes till status bar on web page shows "complete"
    9. Press the power button on your DB this will restart your box and load the new Gemini firmware with a CLASS looking boot screen.
    11. Here you can either scan satellites, or cancel and load settings from the gemini server (blue button)
    12. After initial setup I pressed the BLUE button on the remote - then choose addons and selected gemini server.
    13. This gives you access to softcams and all sorts. All I needed was Cccam, so choose this, and it installed.

Once you run thru the initial setup - press the GREEN button and choose "Software update" - this will install the latest dvb drivers
    Im using Gem. Enigma Image -- I have a C line I need to FTP to box -- But dont see cccam.cfg in /var/etc Do I create one?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by applematt View Post
    Im using Gem. Enigma Image -- I have a C line I need to FTP to box -- But dont see cccam.cfg in /var/etc Do I create one?
    No you go to Blue Panel > Addons and Configs then download CCam config file.

Thanks
    Many thanks -- easy when you know how

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hda5 View Post

1. Unpacked the dreambox

I have done all this again & again but still black screen on prem***
    What am I doing wrong ???

When I restart the splash screen with the gp2 logo still says loading enigma once the blue panel has finished boot. Is this correct or do i need to do something else.

Please Help !!!

Thanks
    "I used DCC to fire Barry Allen accross as a plug-in, then used barry Allen to sort the USB stick." How do I do this? Which folder do you put the plug-in in to then use DCC?

Still cant get my stab motor to move!!

Can the 800 be made to work with gfox2.1? Also got a 7020 on which it works.

Thanks
    Getting there now but how do i get my C line?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast