Thread: C & KU band all in one?

Thanks

C & KU band all in one?

This is probably a really stupid question, but was wondering whether there's such a thing as an LNB that can receive C & KU band frequencies all in one, instead of having to have separate LNB's for both?

Thanks
    Yes I have one. BSC621-2 from D M S International. I got mine from the USA, cost about £38 with P+P Make sure it's the one with -2 at the end as another model, the BSC621 does not do the whole frequency range for Ku
    Last edited by renibacterium; 07-07-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, just had a look, seems quite cheap for what it does? How well does it perform? I'm presuming it won't be as sensitive on KU band as my current Invacom 0.3 LNB?

Thanks
    OK on C-band, and if you are using a big dish for C-band (which you need, mines 2metres) the compromise with most Ku band satellites is acceptable.

Thanks
    I would only be using a 1.2m dish, i have seen a thread on another forum where a member has posted screenshots of channels received from C band using only a 1.2m dish. I'm thinking about getting one of these LNB's just to experiment and see what i can pick up!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Question Thinking of getting this.

First of all think it only works for C-band on a prime focus dish. Correct me if I am wrong.

According to the map on Lyngsat 40.5 west has a strong beam of between 105 and 130 cm for the UK.

Content looks interesting on this satellite.Lots of FTA.

Do you need anything else to add to the LNB to get it working or will it work straight out the box (Excuse my ignorants, as I usually use a Universal LNB)

Will any C-band receiver work. DM500 or is there a better one.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Scrambled.

Thanks
    Yes thats a good question, will it work with an offset dish or does it have to be a prime focus?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SatSearcher View Post
    Yes thats a good question, will it work with an offset dish or does it have to be a prime focus?
    c band lnbs will work on off set dishes if you can mount them to the dish the feedhorn are usially much larger and problematic to install you may need to experiment with brackets ect

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Question Thanks

Thanks for the reply about offset dishes.

What dish size you using. Can you use smaller dishes.

Planning restriction only allows 1 metre dishes (to my knowledge).

1.2 Metre minimum for 40.5 West.

What is result like on some of the satellites with beams over europe.

Thanks.

Regards,

Scrambled.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambled View Post
    Thanks for the reply about offset dishes.

What dish size you using. Can you use smaller dishes.

Planning restriction only allows 1 metre dishes (to my knowledge).

1.2 Metre minimum for 40.5 West.

What is result like on some of the satellites with beams over europe.

Thanks.

Regards,

Scrambled.
    I used precision 2m prime focus dish with 13K c band lnb not tried offset dishes for c band but it is possible 1m dish is borderline for signals from c band you should be looking at 1.8m upwards

Thanks
    Unfortunately for me it's not possible to go larger than a 1.2m dish, but have heard C band is possible with this size, so just fancied experimenting! Will look into getting one of these LNB's soon i think. Has anyone else tried C band with a 1.2m?

Thanks
    If you look on forums in America you will find plenty of people using 1.2m dishes for C-band (obviously some of the sats you see in Europe will be different, but there are a number which can be viewed here with a 1.2m dish) but companies also offer a feed holder and special feed (scaler ring) for off set dishes to use with the BSC621-2. Keep looking and you will find.
    Last edited by renibacterium; 08-07-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Question Interesting

It seems that you can get a fortec dish 1.2 Metre and special 40mm collar (hope this is right).

This is an offset dish.

A bit of experimenting is needed.

Shame no UK stockist of this LNB Dish is available here. Seems only in the US. for the bracket also.

To get circular polarisation, you need to put something inside the LNB. Circular is used on 40.5 West.

When the Disequ switch is set to A or 1 it selects C band and when set to B or 2 KU band.

Looks an interesting project. Anyone tried 40.5 West with a 1.2 Metre dish. What results did it give. It is worth it with small dishes.

This satellite has lots of FTA from South America. according to lyngsat and kingof*** 4053 R is ESPN feeds and also described as ESPN SC Mexico. This is FTA. Is it ESPN? Can anyone confirm.

Thanks for everyones input so far.

Regards,

Scrambled.

Thanks
    It is a shame this LNB and all the parts that go with it are only available from the US, wonder why no UK dealers stock it? I think it would be quite popular! Maybe Lee from Goldwafers will read this and get some in!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Icon10 Stocking in the UK

Lets hope that Lee from Goldwafers stocks the LNB and brackets, would be useful if someone did, especially the board sponsor.

Nice to know what could be picked up with anyone using C band.

What dish size and what satellites are being receive. I can see 45 East to 45 west on KU band on a motorised dish.

Had a look on lyngsat and their maps, lots of FTA here. Recommends at lot satellites with dish size of 105 to 130cm dishes.

Hopefully some members who has C band can share there knowledge with us. Maybe an Idiots guide to set it all up could be put in the stickys maybe.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Scrambled.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    To get circular polarisation, you need to put something inside the LNB. Circular is used on 40.5 West.

if the signal is strong enough you will not need a think it was called a circular depolariser , didnt have to in the old days when one of the sats was using it,but being cband maybe different.

also dont forget if you do have to use one that it also knocks the signal slightly.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have one somewhere a teflon slab called a dialetic plate don't quote me on the spelling

Thanks
    just ordered one of these babies...............do a bit of testing and report back............................. ..jeep

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I ordered one of these on 8-7 paid with Pay Pal total cost £49.48 0n14-7 recd email item was shipped recd 17-7 been playing with it now for a week . Fitted to a Para-Clipse 1.8 dish everything fitted perfectly the stb echostar AD 3600 the results I am getting Inve.3
    C120 on 58w 11477 73% DMS 60% Eurostar .5 Quatro scew optimised 67% on C band 55.5W 4095 C band lnb dont its temp disapeared from the label scew adj. 38% dms 41%

Thanks
    have a serach on e of bay US