Thread: Vantage 8000S Out Next Week!

Pimp Donator and V.I.P joshjess's Avatar
    Thanks

Vantage 8000S Out Next Week!

Description
    The new HDTV receivers from Vantage not only absolutely excellent, but it also comes with some highlights. The Vantage HD 8000 S PVR is the first receiver ever, with hardware blind scan. Previously, the blind scan function was a software solution. The blind scan is hardware, the Vantage HD 8000 S PVR even faster and easier for new channels or feeds. Compared with his predecessor, the HD 7000, the 8000 up to 20,000 Save. These can be more than 9 favorites lists. Receiving the programs on a DVB-S2 Twin tuner. So both tuners are DVB-S2 and HDTV capable. In addition to unencrypted **** and HDTV, the Vantage HD 8000 S PVR course, can be used for pay TV programs. This one uses either the built-2 Conax card reader or 2 CI slots. Who would like to record TV programs, which may be either on the internal hard drive, or it includes an external hard drive via USB 2.0 or eSata. In addition to HD Ready will be the full HD standard. The following resolution standards can handle the device. (1080i, 720p, 576p and 576i). In addition to the already mentioned USB 2.0 and eSata port, there is a 100 Mbit network connection (LAN), an RS232 interface and of course, an HDMI interface. In addition, several still Chinc and audio outputs and 2 LNB

Available next week priced around £450

Thanks
    Do you know if the hardware blind search covers DVB-s2 signals, or only DVB-s?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjess View Post
    Compared with his predecessor, the HD 7000, the 8000 up to 20,000 Save. T
    How fast/slow is it with lots of channels loaded? I'm too lazy to delete channels :toetap05:

My 221 is pretty slow with all the Hotbird and 19E channels loaded via a full blind scan. Changing channels can take several minutes.

I'd like to use the 8000 with even more satellites so faster would be better.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    How fast/slow is it with lots of channels loaded? I'm too lazy to delete channels :toetap05:

My 221 is pretty slow with all the Hotbird and 19E channels loaded via a full blind scan. Changing channels can take several minutes.

I'd like to use the 8000 with even more satellites so faster would be better.
    I haven't done any SW Blindscan on my 7100S but I have all the active transponders in my receiver (Courtesy of Lyngsat) and have scanned every satellite available from location and yet I have not found it slow in changing channles or satellites.

Yes it does slow down a bit when saving settings as the memory starts filling up

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Biggest disappointment with Vantage is that they can't offer modular tuners.

For the high price tag of 549 euros it would have been offered.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    Biggest disappointment with Vantage is that they can't offer modular tuners.

For the high price tag of 549 euros it would have been offered.
    what would be the advantage of having a modular tuner and what are they using instead

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I agree why would I want modular tuners? I want two sat tuners. If I wanted terrestial tuner I'd pickup a terrestial box.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    what would be the advantage of having a modular tuner and what are they using instead
    Modular tuners would allow upgrade to DVB-T2 HD terrestrial tuner when available.

Thanks
    Yes the 8000 will blind scan HD / DVB-S2 channels also

Look for the Dr Dish review on you tube and also please join my ***** group vantagedigital

Sorry can't give link on here but just search for vantage digital on *****groups dot com

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It's out now everywhere in Germany.

Anyone bought one and does it work good with Diablo 2.3?

Pimp Donator and V.I.P joshjess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Also available in the UK right now!

Thanks
    Yes from READ THE RULES
    Last edited by A; 14-07-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    Is there anyway to change from Conax cardreader to multicrypt cardreader ?