Thread: Motor dish and fixed dish at once?

Thanks

Motor dish and fixed dish at once?

I wonder if it is possible to have a motorised dish and a fixed dish at once on a 5400. I did a search on the Humax area of the forum but couldn't find anything.

Would it work, having a disecq switch with say, the fixed dish on disecq A and the other one on disecq B and marking also motor in the settings for the sats covered by the dish on disecq B?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Hi m8,

I've tried that combination, and unfortunately didn't work satisfactory. My problem was that the motorised dish did not move everytime and I had to power off and on the hummy in order to make it move the dish. Very strange behaviour indeed.
    Last edited by Asaphus; 30-06-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks very much Asaphus for your quick reply. So, I guess I'll forget about it.

Thanks
    @OZZSURF m8,

yes I did all the combinations and it didn't work 100% for me, unfortunatly.

and thanks for the nice illustration m8y :seeya:.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Works Ok for me using a 4 way diseqc switch (or a A/B switch). Motorised dish in diseqc A and fixed dish in diseqc B

I can't remember the exact wording in config options but it's something like "send cascade twice....." - this should be enabled/on

Also remember to disable the motor option and to select the correct diseqc switch input for the fixed dish. If this still doesn't work well it would do no harm to select/enter the diseqc input for the satellites you get with the motorised dish

Hope this makes sense and good luck
    Last edited by McDude; 01-07-2008 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by McDude View Post

Also remember to disable the motor option and to select the correct diseqc switch input for the fixed dish. If this still doesn't work well it would do no harm to select/enter the diseqc input for the satellites you get with the motorised dish

Hope this makes sense and good luck
    McDude, this is very interesting., so I'll try it. Thanks very much.