Thread: Invacom Adjustable Feedhorn Adf-120 -

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Invacom Adjustable Feedhorn Adf-120 -

Hello,

I would appreciate some advice on the following. I have a Channel Master 1.2 and a Invacom 0.3 dual LNB (c120) I would like to buy a new feedhorn can anyone throw some light as to what an adjustable feedhorn is, and how you adjust it? Also does anyone have any experience with this one or can recommend a good one to buy.

Many thanks for your assistance. Ray

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Post Deleted
    Last edited by FBOY; 29-06-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    This feedhorn is for low "Focal Length to Diamater f/d" dishes and they can be either Offset or Prime Focus. In our hobby 99% of the Offset dishes cannot use this feedhorn efficiently and most Prime Focus dishes can. The feedhorn is optimised around f/d 0.4 plus minus.

One thing when using this feedhorn is that you need to be able to adjust the focal length/distance between feed opening and dish surface. This is because the Phase Centre changes slightly depending on the C120 LNB you use. Its not a big change but if you want to tune your system for best performance it is worthwhile adjusting this Focal Length after changing LNB.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for your reply

Thanks
    i have the same lnb and all ways use them buy a channel master feed horn you will see the difference and by the way have the same dish too it all works great.