Thread: switch problem

Thanks

switch problem

Not sure if this is the right section, but I'm having a problem with my switch which is connected to ski and hispasat. If I’m watching any freesat channel i.e. bbc or ITV and then try to change to any Spanish channel on hispasat, it will not find a signal, so I have to (on mvision) turn off the lnb power and on again, or (on Dreambox) go into channel search menu, select to search hispasat, but then just come out completely, without actually searching. it then works ok, but as soon as I change back to ski, same problem again. Is it obvious that the switch is faulty? Please help. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    maybe its your diseqc settings ?

on my tm 1500 and tm9100 I have the settings as diseqc v1.1 with uncomitted switch on 1

then you can choose aa and ab , or ba and bb , or whatever you want them on depending on the switch connections

Thanks

Icon11

Thanks for replying. I don't think it's the settings as they are setup as hispasat on a , and astra on b. Also, both sats will receive the signal correctly,but it's just when changing from astra to hispasat that it doesn't actually switch on it's own, yet when once i get a signal on hispasat (manually) and I then change to astra, it's fine, but then changing back to hispasat, and same problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I think the only option now is to change the switch ( assuming you have checked all the connections are ok ? )