Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITV encrypted?

Banned
    Thanks

ITV encrypted?

ITV1 is reported as encrypted on Kingof***.net and this appears to be true. Any one any ideas what is going on? Or ahve I missed something?

Thanks
    As far as I understand it the ITV 1 channels are switching satellites. It has got something to with stopping people in Europe watching it while it changes over. It has confused me.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Main ITV channels have not changed, that is they are still FTA.

What this is all about is that an extra non - 2D beam was briefly carrying a couple of FTA ITV feeds. That has now changed and they are now encrypted. I assume that's what it's all about.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBOY View Post
    Main ITV channels have not changed, that is they are still FTA.
    On my S*y box my ITV 1 channel is scrambled as I tested out yesterday. I'm not sure entirely what is going on but some ITV 1 regions are scrambled on S*y boxes to.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Sorry, I don't have all the regions stored in my non sly digibox. Just looked at London and Granada, plus ITV2 and +1.

So you are obviously correct.

Thanks
    just checked all itv channels on my force 516 reciever and they all work so no probs my way so far touch wood

Thanks
    Mmmmmm....
    just seems to be itv1 meridian north and south east that are out for me.....
    funny though that other regionals on that transponder are working fine

Thanks
    on my Kathrein work on a new frequency FTA

11052 H 22000 5/6

Thanks
    i think they are doing some changes to adapt with freesat ..but something´s going on

Thanks
    its like the X Files!

Thanks
    Freesat Regionalisation?

Thanks
    Speculated by many that the 'moves' are to free up space to relocate ITV HD to Astra 2D. This to avoid transmission rights issues and obviously a move to 2D will restrict geography coverage and allow the channel to transmit more live progs....sport etc with less commercial and political arguments.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dishdad View Post
    Speculated by many that the 'moves' are to free up space to relocate ITV HD to Astra 2D. This to avoid transmission rights issues and obviously a move to 2D will restrict geography coverage and allow the channel to transmit more live progs....sport etc with less commercial and political arguments.
    but why they are encrypting some ITV channels en NDX???

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipino View Post
    but why they are encrypting some ITV channels en NDX???
    Because they have been using Astra 2B for testing (or whatever), and they don't want to be FTA on such a wide beam.

(ITV seen on 12402 V 27500 2/3)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    people have allready installed big dishes for bbc ect on astra 2d itv should also be ok in spain ect with the same setup

Thanks
    what a pile of crap this restriction about wide beam and tight beam ,,ARE WE STILL IN OPEN EUROPE????? ,this is just crazy ,actualy their restriction is helping ppl like russian mafia doing big buissiness with microwave systems in south part of spain ,sorry but the argument of protection is simply not valid nor acceptable,there are lots of ex pats (including my self) are just suffering to get the signal in a proper way unless puting a monster dish
    Last edited by pipino; 18-06-2008 at 04:17 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    totally agree pipino, I too reside on the costas, and microwave systems for rebroadcasting are every where. The quality of these systems are rubbish. I am awating the new Humax PVR stb due in August, and my 1.9 metre dish is on order. This will enable everything in HD however BBC 2 may drop out in bad weather. There are millions of expats who would rather buy this kit on smaller dishes, like they use too 6 years ago before Sky got involved.

wwe

Thanks
    the biggest problem is most of us have spain as segond residence and back in UK we are paying the bloody tv lisence still,and if needed we will pay also for a proper service if available to us in las costas of spain or portugal same way it was with freeview some years back but a proper way, rather then pay a MAFIA for a **** and illigal service,,by the way soon all this microwave stuff will end , the telecommunication guys in spain did receive a massive complain about it as its all illigal and dont have nothing to do with local LAWS and spain tax office dont receive a penny for it ,its all Black money ,so i warn all users of this system dont waist your money i would rather send emails and complain to the british authorities and let them know whats going on down here.and put a solution for brits living abroad ....best regards

V.I.P
    Thanks
    we heard about these complaints and lost most of the premium channels i.e. Sky sports channels movies, discovery etc... after loads of compliants, and lost business these channels are coming back on.

wwe

Thanks
    not for long time m8 i can promise you that..i´m sure the owners of those so called companies will run away soon as they risk a very heavy fine and may be even prison ´i´m sure you also heard that the autorities are cleaning up the mafia activities around costa blanca ..so watch the space with black screens on Microwave systems..regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast