Thread: Vantage 221 slow to change channels? And how to save channel list to USB?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Vantage 221 slow to change channels? And how to save channel list to USB?

This thing is slow changing between transpoders. It also seems I need to do a blind search or it misses alot of channels.

Would deleting some channels make it faster?

How do I copy the channel list to the USB flash pen? It would be easier to edit the list on the computer.

Thanks
    Hi Zeke - If you mean slow changing channels, then I've had slower receivers and I don't think you can do anything about it except with possibly new manufacturer firmware. Blindscan is best.

I also don't think you can download channel lists via USB as it is input only. However, you can do this with a null modem cable connected from the RS232 at the back to your PC. 'Channels Editor' software can be found in the 'Tools & Editors' Section above.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks. This seems really slow when changing between transponders. Going to a different satellite and I need a coffee :o15: Maybe I set something up wrong.

Don't think I still own a computer with a serial port

Thanks
    Life's not easy - I don't have serial ports either - get a serial to USB adapter. I use a V-Box to move my dish and it is very quick, make sure you use the 'Positioner' and not DiseqC settings on the Vantage if you are using an Actuator motor.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It's not a motor dish. It takes forever to switch with the monoblock. I'm not sure what it is. I've tried all the settings.

I'm redoing the blind scan again because it seems it didn't find a few strong FTA channels. I'm confused. Mid to high 80s for signal. 99 for quality and it can't find the channels.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I have Vantage X221S Ci and it is not the fastest receiver but not with respect to the channel changing but when you work with scanning for example for new channels. It is nightmare to scroll down through the list of satellites placed without any understable logic. There is no possibility to delete satellites which you can't get in your location although it is one of most logical features every receiver should have. I think in your case you may save your setting on PC and then delete channels you don't watch ( or listen to in case of radio channels) and try whether it made any difference. Rule " the less the channels the better work" has been true in case of Humax 5400 and Topfield 7700 HS Ci so it is worth trying

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm thinking the monoblock has a hardware problem. Between the very slow switching between satellites and even a 1degree blind scan not finding Mediasets FTA channels on Hotbird I can't believe it's the receiver.

When I say it's slow let me put it this way. The worst case yesterday I switched to Astra and went downstairs. When I came back it still hadn't changed channels but the time was so long the Vantage screen saver had turned on!

I want new LNBs anyways so it's just an added incentive.

Thanks
    Hi to all,
    yes there is a way to save your setting on the USB PEN DRIVE:

1) MENU -> USB (as for to load your settings)
    2) press the blue key "INFO"
    3) On the virtual keyboard that appear on the screen type any caracter you want (these caracters will be discarded) then go on the ENTER key and press OK on your remote control
    4) Now you have on your USB PEN DRIVE a file named
    "FILE0000000000.SI" with all your settings and that is editable with the Vantage editor.

Hope this help you, regards
    ovenproof

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The editor can't open the file for me. It gives a Open failed2 error.

No idea whats up.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Different editor managed it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Okay I did some editing and uploaded the new channel list.

That locked the receiver up.

So I deleted all the channels and rescaned with auto mode. Now I've got everything but Dr. Dish. I can live with that -) Things are speedy so I'm happy.

Thanks
    Zeke, which editor works ? and where do I get from?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Vantage editior studio. I don't remember the location. Here? Or the panda website. One or the other. But my receiver locked up when I uploaded the new file.

Thanks
    Thanks Zeke, maybe I will stick to nul-modem method - I know that works.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Channel editor 2.3 should work