Thread: Humax 5400 cleanup

V.I.P
    Thanks

Humax 5400 cleanup

Has anybody tried to clean Humax 5400Z loading josje01clean.hdf file (removes all firmware, module and sets to original), or Firmware_Reset.hdf file (removes all modules), or Delete All Channels.hdf file (removes all channels and settings) to clean the remainders of the relevant files from the receiver?

Starting from the begining: first loading the original 5400 firmware HIC10500.hdf, then ToH3.4 HoT8.7 (donīt need the newest HoT11.1), then Catone v3.2 and then key.bin doesnīt solve the problem which is the following:
    Opening the menu > HoT works up to this point. If I then click on any of the four HoT possibilities (Config or EPG or Parser or HoT), they donīt open and the receiver locks up instead.

The Hot functions obviously donīt work. Would anybody advice to load josie01clean.hdf or Firmware_Reset.hdf to clean the remnants of those files? Are these files tested by anybody? Is there a chance to damage the receiver loading them? Has anybody any other suggestion?
    Last edited by luis; 25-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    i would just load the original firmware, surely that should do it

Thanks
    hi luis,
    as bobbyboil has said loading the original software will do just as well to a certain degree, but to get it to out of the box condition, and to be clear, this is NOT FOR THE 5400Z + (PLUS) i have posted in the help section a springclean tutorial, which has been used by many members with no complaints.
    you could have a look there, i do not know the files you mention, so cannot comment on their safety.

all the best
    voith

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thank you voith, it was about my friendīs 5400Z. He couldnīt make it work so he brought it to me today. I only loaded the original firmware, patch with HoT and key.bin (no cleaning files) to get it working. I skipped the thorough cleaning this time (sticking to the golden rule "donīt fix whatīs not broken") but itīs good to know how to do it when itīs neccessary.

Thanks
    hi luis,
    glad to see you have sorted it out, true you do not need to go the whole hog, unless you really want to get it back to that state to start again, from out of the box, but you do have to dedicate a hour or two to do the job justice

all the best
    voith