Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a 7710...

Thanks

Thinking of buying a 7710...

Because of the twin tuner!!..has anyone got one, is it worth getting one..I'm still using a diablo cam so there shouldn't be a problem.
    Any advice would be wellcome.

regard's.

terry.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Your buying this just for the Twin Tuner ? what do you want from your box ?

Thanks
    well it has a hardrive incorperated hdmi connection's can get hd channel's etc.. so didnt look a bad buy[record one channel why watching another etc]..

V.I.P
    Thanks
    oh in that case then yes the Topfield is a great box. They seam to have sorted the "high end" PVR market.

Also take a look at the icord from Humax.

Thanks
    Thank's for that m8 [sorry for the late reply just got in from work]...I'll also check out the humax.

regard's,

terry.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    no need to be sorry lol you reply when you do

Thanks
    go for the topfield.you can manually program your receiver to record a channel with the topfield but not with the icord (very important for freesat because of its epg).also its picture quality is the best on the market according to a couple of german satellite magazines.

Thanks
    Thank's for that nuku22,
    Another quick question do i have to change the lnb to a duel lnb [got a single at the moment]..

regard's
    terry.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terry l View Post
    Thank's for that nuku22,
    Another quick question do i have to change the lnb to a duel lnb [got a single at the moment]..

regard's
    terry.
    you just loop an lnb cable from tuner 1 to tuner 2.

Thanks
    Thank's m8,
    Now i've got a problem, because i'm a impulse buyer[i've gotta have it yesterday]..I got one [not from our sponser i must add]..and this is the crack.. i phoned up a sat shop near me and asked if he stocked a topfield 7710 he said no but could get one he then quoted me a price £435..i paid by credit card.. i then go down the shop 2 days later and collect it..when i'm in there the guy say's that i will have to get a twin lnb to get it to work right as it would not record one transponder while recording another..i then buy one off him paid in cash £15.. asked him if he knew someone who would fit it he say's yes £60 and give's me a phone number.. I then go home and open up the new toy and low and behold inside i find a credit card reciept for the sum of £395.98 p from another sat shop [his credit card i may add]..i then look at my receipt for the lnb and it read's paid by credit card..needless to say i will not be doing business with him again and will in future only use our sponser.. So in the end what do i do get this guy to fit the new lnb?..just connect it up and play with it or wot?..any comment's would be welcome..

regard's

terry.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terry l View Post
    Thank's m8,
    Now i've got a problem, because i'm a impulse buyer[i've gotta have it yesterday]..I got one [not from our sponser i must add]..and this is the crack.. i phoned up a sat shop near me and asked if he stocked a topfield 7710 he said no but could get one he then quoted me a price £435..i paid by credit card.. i then go down the shop 2 days later and collect it..when i'm in there the guy say's that i will have to get a twin lnb to get it to work right as it would not record one transponder while recording another..i then buy one off him paid in cash £15.. asked him if he knew someone who would fit it he say's yes £60 and give's me a phone number.. I then go home and open up the new toy and low and behold inside i find a credit card reciept for the sum of £395.98 p from another sat shop [his credit card i may add]..i then look at my receipt for the lnb and it read's paid by credit card..needless to say i will not be doing business with him again and will in future only use our sponser.. So in the end what do i do get this guy to fit the new lnb?..just connect it up and play with it or wot?..any comment's would be welcome..

regard's

terry.
    i am getting the same receiver next week and as far as im concerned you should be loop between tuners to make second tuner work properly and dont think you need a second lnb.why dont you try that?how is the picture quality especially on sd like?
    Last edited by uki; 25-05-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks
    Not tried it out yet m8 havn't got the loop through cable [didn't come with the toppy]..so if you get one make sure you buy one first..

regard's,

terry.

Thanks
    how is the picture quality in sd and hd?

Thanks
    Like i said uki i havn't tried it out yet as i dont have the loop through cable..

Thanks
    Right then going back to the original question has anyone got a topfieild tf7710 what is it like how do you set it up[it's not rocket science].. is there anyone that can go througth the stage's to get it going..
    If this is a crap receiver please say so i'll chuck it in the bin..I AM ***C ..ED OFF..

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    terry, I don't know if you have given up but you get a loop through cable and connect it to the lnb 1 out to the lnb 2 in. When you set up the receiver, on reading the instructions there is a choice of tuning in tuner 1, tuner 2 or loop through. I've recently set mine up, and to be quite frank when running it alongside my topfield 5000 the sotware on the 5000 is much more user friendly. The topfield 7710 will not tune it those more exotic channels from Premiere, I don't know why not ! Hope this helps you

Thanks
    centaur m8 thank's for the reply,so far i've had two installer's say to get it to work right you need to use a twin lnb running two cable's the first installer came round and took my dish down and fitted a new twin lnb he then run another cable to the toppy[this is where the fun start's]..he then spent over two hour's tuning in some of the sat's i watch using the disqe mode not usals[did tell him my po address and info from satsignal]..when he had finished he then tried to send the dish to all the sat's he had tuned in [here's the crack now] the dish went straight back to hotbird and didn't go anywhere else[the idiot didnt store the sat's]..he told me he had never used a toppy so it would have to be done again[but her indoor's was getting irateso the outcome of that was he had to go..

[chapter two]
    I then bell another installer tell him what had happened and could he tune it in for me [yup no problem be round in the morning]..and round he came,take's a look at the signal and quality level and tell's me the dish is not aligned right we go outside and low and behold the pole's not straight and the skew on the lnb is not right so up the ladder he goe's with he's spanner's and meter..next done a factory default and adjusted the setting and away we go[lovelly jubble i'm seeing picture's again]..next go to 16 deg etc tune them all in using diseqe again [this is the best way i'm told for the second time]..well time is getting on so i think to myself time to check out me diablo cam an digialb card[Err no]the channel's are not there, well he say's we'll do a transponder seach 11055 27500 v 3/4..result ziltch nada..signal 88+ quality not even showing..next go to thor [exactly the same]..by now er indoor's is climbing the wall's so exit the installer..on the way out he say's it could be the reciever's memory it only hold's 5000 try deleting some channel's[ not transponder] then do a transponder seach..

chapter [3]'

It's saturday,
    Iv'e deleted some channel's made sure the transponder [11055 etc] is right and all i get is 82 level [dropped and 00 quality no green bar showing at all..does ANYONE know how to get this right?..I mean between two installer's surely one could get it right!!..

Thanks
    Hi m8
    The correct symbol rate for this transponder ( according to lyngsat ) is 27900 not 27500. so try a manual scan with settings 11055 vertical 27900 3/4.
    Regards Rick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rick shaw View Post
    Hi m8
    The correct symbol rate for this transponder ( according to lyngsat ) is 27900 not 27500. so try a manual scan with settings 11055 vertical 27900 3/4.
    Regards Rick.
    Thank's for that m8,
    tried it but still didnt work[oh well back to the drawing boad]..
    ps..sorry for the late reply.

regard's,

terry.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi m8

get a fortec innvation you can record with it,
    you can get £145 at ******s.
    software is dodle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast