which sat will it be on thanks

Thanks
    kennyboy

Have a look here m8:respect-050:

http://www.freesat.co.uk/home.php

Thanks
    Astra 2D 28E

There is nothing new.

Same channels as you get now, just with new consumer receivers with a 7-Day EPG that only gets 30 of the channels on 28E as it's a dedicated receiver.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Astra 2D 28E

There is nothing new.

Same channels as you get now, just with new consumer receivers with a 7-Day EPG that only gets 30 of the channels on 28E as it's a dedicated receiver.

thanks for that will my humax hd 2000 work with them you say dedicated receiver thanks

Thanks
    kennyboy

Should work no problem?????????????

Thanks
    thanks for that i will wait but can some1 tell me just added chanells to db and humax got channel 4 free to air but no audio do i need to change audio pids if so what is it thanks

Thanks
    Freesat are still testing, and is not launched till 6th May, so some channels may not always be working until then.

I have heard there will now be about 80 channels in the Freesat EPG at launch, but all of these can be got with an FTA receiver anyway.

Thanks
    what about channel 4 audio thanks

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyboy View Post
    what about channel 4 audio thanks
    As xanadu said they are test channels including channel 4 thats why no audio

You need to scan after launch date

TNT

Remagen [zGemma 2S, Vu+ duo, SS1, SS2HD, Foxsat 1000s & Foxsat HDR]
    Thanks
    A current scan now gives AID as 2336 but it is empty. (VID is 2335 so that makes sense).

Bitte etwas Geduld haben. :coolgleamA:

Remagen [zGemma 2S, Vu+ duo, SS1, SS2HD, Foxsat 1000s & Foxsat HDR]
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Astra 2D 28E

There is nothing new.

Not quite true as all the 4's should be FTA (at present they are FTV).

I do hope the new boxes will allow all the FTA channels even if they aren't in the EPG. There are a lot more than on the current FreeSat listings (eg. Fashion, Mainstream, to name but two.)

Thanks
    ch4 has had the audio restored and is currently fta as freesat launched today

also fta are the following channels on that same transponder 10729V 22000

E4
    E4 +1
    MORE 4
    MORE 4 +1

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Did a scan this morning to see if there was anything new and noticed those four were FTA strange theres no Channel 4 +1 present

TNT

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    I'm currently looking for a new screen and have been looking at the Panasonic PZ85 series and just noticed
    on their site they released the PZ81 series today with Freesat HD built in

_http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/711712/index.html#anker_711712

TNT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    I'm currently looking for a new screen and have been looking at the Panasonic PZ85 series and just noticed
    on their site they released the PZ81 series today with Freesat HD built in

_http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/711712/index.html#anker_711712

TNT
    now if they included diseqc and a Ci slot, that would be the way forward

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil View Post
    now if they included diseqc and a Ci slot, that would be the way forward
    The Humax Foxsat Freesat HD receiver at least includes the following specs

# Can I use my current satellite dish?
    Yes, if you have a working satellite dish that you current use for UK satellite broadcasts (e.g. S*y) then you can replace your existing equipment for a Foxsat-HD

# Can I add channels that are not available through freesat?
    Yes, the Foxsat-HD has a freesat mode and a non-freesat mode. Please visit the Advanced Section for more information.

# Can I connect it to a Multi satellite system?
    The Foxsat-HD product can be used with a DiSEqC 1.0 / 2.0 switch or a DiSEqC 1.2 motorised System.

# I have a motorised Satellite Dish, can I use it?
    Yes, you can use a Motorised dish (DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS)

The big disappointment is that when ITV1-HD begins it will *only* be available on Freesat boxes (not S*y HD or any other receivers) because of the codec they are using

From the Freesat website

"ITV HD will be a red-button service available exclusively to freesat customers, so whenever you’re watching ITV1 and an HD logo pops up at the top of your screen, just press the red button on your remote control to watch it in glorious high definition."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez View Post
    The big disappointment is that when ITV1-HD begins it will *only* be available on Freesat boxes (not S*y HD or any other receivers) because of the codec they are using

From the Freesat website

"ITV HD will be a red-button service available exclusively to freesat customers, so whenever you’re watching ITV1 and an HD logo pops up at the top of your screen, just press the red button on your remote control to watch it in glorious high definition."
    Now that really is lame! Another STB & remote for 1 extra HD channel!!

I suspect it wont be too long, before you can emulate / patch the codec to a selection of linux and other boxes tho?

Thanks
    Here's another FREESAT article publish today in The Guardian

The BBC director general, Mark Thompson, has outlined ambitious plans for Freesat, the corporation's free digital satellite TV joint venture with ITV, including offering access to on-demand programming via broadband TV services such as iPlayer and Kangaroo.

Thompson, speaking at the press launch of Freesat today, said the service was aiming to swiftly offer viewers broadband internet access through an in-built ethernet connection in set-top boxes.

"The long-term goal of Freesat is to connect to broadband and the internet [to make] services such as the iPlayer and Kangaroo accessible through boxes like this," he added.

Thompson said that offering broadband access via Freesat boxes, something that BSkyB is also aiming for with its Sky+ personal video recorder boxes, marked "something new in satellite broadcasting in this country" that would be available to all households.

A senior executive at Freesat said that the plan was to offer broadband access via an ethernet connection within "months".

Freesat has been pitched as a potential rival in some respects to Sky, which offers subscription and free satellite services, and its long-term plans and customer acquisition strategy.

Michael Grade, the executive chairman of ITV, said that as its high definition channel would be available via Freesat the broadcaster would not necessarily now need to do a deal to offer the network via Sky's digital satellite service.

"ITV HD won't be available on Sky at the moment," Grade added. "We are a commercial organisation and won't give it to Sky for nothing."

However, Thompson said that Freesat was "not intended in any way to compete with BSkyB's central proposition".
    "Freesat represents a new choice out there in the market and more choice," he added.

"Sky is pretty expensive and it is possible for many to switch to free satellite at a lower price … [Sky's] free proposition has not been front of mind to date."

Emma Scott, the managing director of Freesat, said that while the service currently had no capability to offer subscription services it would be "considered in the future". "It is fundamentally a free platform," she added.

Channel Five is expected to join Freesat in the near future, once programming rights issues had been resolved. For now the service will features BBC, ITV and Channel 4 networks.
    Grade said that Freesat, which was originally mooted to launch in 2006, "represents the final piece in the UK digital TV jigsaw".

"Freesat is absolutely complementary to the UK's most popular [digital] platform Freeview," he added.
    "Every house can have access to free-to-air digital TV and we are confident it will be a huge success."

Thompson said that Freesat would "make a real difference" in achieving the BBC's aim of transmitting its high quality programming to licence fee payers across the UK on its new HD channel.

"We are moving as fast as we can to get our crown jewels in HD all onto Freesat," he said.

Freesat is targeting two main demographics: households that have snapped up around 9.6m HD-ready TV sets; and the 27% of UK households that are currently unable to get digital terrestrial TV service Freeview.

Even after digital switchover is complete it is estimated that around 13% of households will only be able to access around half of the channels on Freeview.

Freesat has a total annual budget of £6m, funded by ITV and the BBC, of which an undisclosed amount will be spent on marketing the service to consumers.

The Sky chief operating officer, Mike Darcey, criticised ITV's decision not to make ITV HD available on Sky.

He said: "ITV want to have their cake and eat it. On the one hand, they are claiming to champion HD for all, while on the other, they are deliberately withholding free-to-air content from almost half a million Sky HD homes.

"This is neither in viewers' interests nor in keeping with ITV's 'HD for all' posturing. All in all, this is curious behaviour for a public service broadcaster."

Banned
    Thanks
    If this is part funded by the BBC, should the EPG software be available free of charge?? The clever people of this and other forums could maybe then tweak it for our existing FTA recievers

Thanks
    these boxes as i read require a postcode on setup to set up the correct region for news.wonder what happens in fringe areas .the hd version appears to be about £149.99 for box and extra £80 if you require instalation.some the ethernet is being stated as " in future" so wonder if its working in some boxes humax seems to be active from start.

LETS ROLL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast