Thread: Firmware

Thanks

Firmware

I just cant seem to load firmware on humax have been loading for years but the last five updates just dont whant to go on.
    Using humax loader pack 2.0 two different cables two diffrent pc
    i start loader turn on humax and it goes on to channels without loading firmware any help thanks in advance

Thanks
    Use hdfsmart or hu15. Make sure your com settings are correct.

Thanks
    Also check your system id is correct, ie the settings on the software match your system id in the menu on the humax

Morph

Thanks
    Have used that one as wellno diffrence speeds changed com ports changed two com port adaptors

Thanks
    try reinstalling your downloading program, they can go do-lally, I use HU15 and that seems ok for me.

Thanks
    Reinstaled HU15 tride again same problem

Thanks
    The fact that your receiver goes straight to a channel after a power down / up indicates that the update software is not being detected.

You can check the following things:

1. Ensure that you send the data before you do a power down / up of your receiver.

2. Check that the cables you are using are the cross-over type (Null Modem / RS232c).
    This type of cable connects your "data out" pin on your computer to the "data in" pin on your receiver and the "data in" pin on your computer to the "data out" pin on your receiver. This allows the two-way communication between your computer and receiver.

3. If you are linking cables together to reach your receiver, do not use even numbers of cross-over cables (e.g. 2 / 4 / 6 etc). Even numbers of cross-over cables cancel out the cross-over as described above.

4. A Null Modem cable connection will normally be allocated to Com1. Check the Ports being used by your computer in Device Manager ( in Control Panel).
    Now check that the Port number allocated within HU15 matches the number being used by your computer.

5. If you are connecting to your computer using a USB adaptor, you should check the Com Port number that has been allocated to the adaptor.

Open Device Manager in Control Panel
    Click on Ports to expand / view the used ports.
    Ensure that the allocated Port Number is within the range that can be used by HU15 (say Com4)
    The allocated port can be altered by right clicking on the USB Adaptor and selecting Properties / Port Settings / Advanced
    Now ensure that you match the number within HU15

6. Check the sockets on your computer and receiver to ensure that you have no bent or damaged pins.

7. If you are using Vista, certain permissions may be needed in your User set up to allow HU15 to work.

Thanks
    All checked all ok re instaled drivers for usb serial rs232 tride second rs232 changed cables

Thanks
    I presume you did mean RS232c and not RS232. There is a difference. The "c" stands for cross-over.

Thanks
    try a different pc if possible - I kept blowing com ports on mine (make sure humax is powered off before connecting cables) and also had a cable which got damaged - get a usb to serial cable (bit safer for me but can be a bit finnicky when connecting) (or you can get a program & special adaptor so you can test your com ports actually work)

Thanks
    I have two usb to serial cables i have used them both before and have worked but dont seem to now.
    Today i got hold of a second humax 5400 and am haveing same problem with that one as well
    tride using my desktop pc with normal com ports still same thing on both humaxs

Thanks
    Hi Peach,

Have you tried downloading the firmware again (from the forum)? It sounds very strange that you have tried different pc's, leads and humax box and still no joy.

Thanks
    have you tried loading the origional firmware and then updating again

Thanks
    Are you sure your cable isnt faulty?

Thanks
    Have tride loading origional fimware. I have many null modem cables tride all .
    I wiil buy a a new one tomorow or later today

Thanks
    Hi peach when you put firmware in your hummy what does HU15
    read when when you try to put fimware in your hummy ?

Thanks
    Waiting for humax connection

Thanks
    Apologies to all who mentioned cables bought new null modem cable all ok thanks to all
    Throwing out all old cables