Thread: dvd signal

V.I.P
    Thanks

dvd signal

guy's this maybe in wrong section but I'm in need of help please...i bought a phi*ips dvd recorder/vcr..i want to send the pictured to next room via coaxial cable..I've been trying since last night but no joy so far..i know i can get a video sender but for some reason i don't want to go down that line.so can anybody help?mind you the DVD/video i had before had no problem with..
    thank you for your time...

Thanks
    Hi there,what you need to do is connect the coax output(usually marked TV)to the aerial input of your second tv and you will have to then tune your tv to the correct output channel of the vcr/dvd.This will be an anolgue signal so make sure you are not set to digital your tv.The channel might be around the 36 mark or some are around 68 channel.This does persume that the vcr/dvd does have rf out because some units only have scart as an output and the rf is a loop through only.Hope this makes sence...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    still can't get anything..on the video output i have "scart rgb=yuv interlaced=and yuv progressive=..now I've tried all three but still nothing and i can't find channel setting option..as you said on my old DVD VCR it was set on channel68...

Thanks
    The scart settings you have beem looking at wont effect the RF output these will be for the scart output only.If you will be using aerial cable to the RF output socket you can forget about the scart output.What you are better doing is disconnecting the scart cable an just connect the vcr/dvd via the RF cable,then start to play a video or dvd and put the tv into a tv auto tune scan.The TV should then do a scan and find the tv stations and hopefully find the tape/dvd that is being played ,you can then store the settings.Like I mentioned before some modern players dont have an RF output and they have to be watched by scart only.What model of player are you using?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    it's got to be the bl**dy dvd because i've got four tv set and it dosn't work on any of them....it's ph**ips dvdr3510v m8 and it's latest one i was told..and it's got antenna in and tv out...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    dvd players and recorders do not have an rf tuner and so do not have an rf output , especially if it were an HD player

even a standard def recorder no longer has this 21 to 69 rf tuner , and so you wont find any rf channel to tune in , same goes for 90% of freeview boxes too

so you are probably looking for something that is no longer there as its no longer in new recorders

if you do want to do this task , you need a scart to rf adapter from m@plin or fleabay , connect leads from the player or recorder into it and send the coax signal out to the other room , usually they are on ch36 but can normally be altered to anything between 21 and 69

if you check your manual you will probably find no mention of this rf channel , because it isnt there

the aerial in and out is aerial in for tv tuning into the recorder , and the coax aerial out is a loopthrough to give the tv set the channels into its inbuilt tuner

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thanks for that "E'you have put my mind at rest i was getting bit what shell i say 'p; off

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    lol

you will need something like this on fleabay

RF MODULATOR CONVERT SCART OR PHONO TO AERIAL RF COAX
    DIGITAL DISPLAY, CHANEL 21-69 ADJUSTABLE

Item number: 190215347089

V.I.P
    Thanks
    oh thanks echelon i appreciate that m8...

Thanks
    Hi Munir,just been lookin on Philips web site and like I thought your machine does not have an RF freq output and it is a loop through only.The only way you will be able to use it with coax cable like you want is to use a convertor.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ya thanks mark echelon suggested that and have seen it on fl**** asweel and going for it...and yes on one of option it dose come on screen loop through...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    For better picture (and sound) you should think about trying DVI, HDMI, VGA or SCART.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    lol

you will need something like this on fleabay

RF MODULATOR CONVERT SCART OR PHONO TO AERIAL RF COAX
    DIGITAL DISPLAY, CHANEL 21-69 ADJUSTABLE

Item number: 190215347089
    guy's and "echelon'i've got this thing and it works beautifully but my boy complains that his xbox ( wireless)has gone on go slow it takes very long to get connected..can this interfere with wireless?any idea?