Thread: Technomate 5200D is griving me nuts

Thanks

Technomate 5200D is griving me nuts

Firstly let me say i am a sat tv installer, so the following applies to the last 6 Technomate 5200d receivers i have installed;

90cm dish, 3 LNBS, 4 way diseqc switch cabled to a technomate 5200d, thats my usual set up and never a problem when i was using the Technomate 1000d.

What is happening now is the 5200D receivers will not switch properly from diseqc 2 to 3 or from 1 to 3, in fact it looks like it switches and i get a full signal level but no picture or sound, diseqc 3 is always 28e by the way. The only way i can get audiovideo after i switch to 28e is to power cycle the 5200D receiver, once i power cycle it all free channels on 28e work.

i have proved this with the 5200D straight out of the box and also with the latest darkman and magic patches.

Diseqc 1 is 13e and diseqc 2 is 19e and they work fine, i have tried changing the Diseqc switch but it made no difference, yesterday i was so annoyed i swapped the 5200D for an old Samsung 9500 and it worked fine on all 3 LNBs through the diseqc switch.

The diseqc switch i have been using is a Global 4 way.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
    I was on to Technomate UK about this a few weeks ago but i got no response.

HELP PLEASE.

Thanks

Update

just got off the telephone with Technomate tec support UK and the guy on the line said the Technomate 5000 range is not as yet compatible with all makes of diseqc switches.

They are working on a software upgrade at present.

regards

steve

Thanks
    thanks for that skil. and if its driving u nuts ,us lesser mortals would have jumped by now,.