Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba HD-EP30 and 7 hd dvds 69.99

Thanks
    3 HD DVDs for £20 @P L A Y . C O M Free Delivery 53 Titles to choose from

Code:
    http://www. p l a y . c o m /DVD/HD%20DVD/3-/141628/2-/Promo.html?ob=rating&cpage=1&add=3594994&pid=141628
    Blockbuster UK have 233 Titles to Rent. Also P l a y getting HD deliveries until 26/05/2008.
    Last edited by applematt; 15-03-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks
    HD DVD is winning the format war! Why didn't toshiba think of this knockdown price plan before?

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    They did !

But when the studios dropped the format it was the end Sony won by giving the studios huge subsidies

TNT

Thanks
    I have purchased one of these players as the price of the supplied discs and hdmi cable almost covers the outlay, so now i have a player that also upscales from sd.
    Now as these have an ethernet connection and they are capable of sharing with other dvd boxes on the internet has anyone found a way of streaming our sat boxes through them so gaining upscaled tv?.

Thanks
    Trying to get this TOSHIBA HD-EP30 to play a DISC, getting a error saying ' Cannot play the disc. Check the disc'

Tried both HD DVD / DVD disc's same error. Trying to upgrade firmware but errors on that as well.

James Blunt

Thanks
    i havnt had a problem with mine im well chuffed with it.

chelseaboy

Thanks
    You just took out of box and put in a HD DVD and it played?

Any disc I put in including Music CD's gives that error.

Thanks
    Sounds faulty. I didn't update any firmware and just put the discs in and she played first time. Takes a while to boot up though but plays great. Sounds like u got a dodgy one m8.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
    Sounds faulty. I didn't update any firmware and just put the discs in and she played first time. Takes a while to boot up though but plays great. Sounds like u got a dodgy one m8.

My sounds okay just a bit quieter than my normal tv but other than that it was just turn on put a disc in and away you go.

Takes a bit of time to start up, but thats it i havnt messed with the firmware yet, it does sound like you got a dodgy one, send it back.

chelseaboy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy View Post
    My sounds okay just a bit quieter than my normal tv but other than that it was just turn on put a disc in and away you go.

Takes a bit of time to start up, but thats it i havnt messed with the firmware yet, it does sound like you got a dodgy one, send it back.

chelseaboy
    hehehe no m8, I meant his Toshiba sounds faulty
    My toshibas sound is superb. Hey have u got DTS amp as I have only got Dolby Digital? Had my Yamaha amp for 11 years now, since DVD's first came out. Been a great amp but it would be nice to hear what DTS sounds like compared to dolby digital.

Thanks
    hehehehe

i took my sony dav system upstairs, my lcd only as a dvi input so i run an optical cable from my PS3 to my surround sound system.

Didnt like playing games on my plasma, been told its not to good for them, my mates got the same tv as me and he's been playing is 360 on it and now hes been getting pink snake like images on light backgrounds.

it just seems quieter through the hdmi cable, but the sound is good.

chelseaboy

Thanks
    i got one from the auction site £94 with bourne trilogy,the fast and furious trilogy,transformers,the kingdom and 300
    must say i am very impressed at the quality if only microsoft had made this playable on the 360 instead of having an extra drive i think it may have stood a better chance at winning the hd war

Thanks
    I had this player for a xmas presence last year and it cost 250 squids,since then i upgrade the firmware twice it is a great player, i put my sony dvd hd for scrap i never like it has such a terrible picture quality i only used for recording from the sat,but i can not compare ,with this toshiba, the only thing i dont realy understand was ,when you play the 4.3 dvd i never got the full screen ,as i have a 16.9 screen,realy funny thing happen ,to get the full screen on a 4.3 i had to return to the menu and put 4.3 instead 16.9,now it play full screen.
    great picture quality, i plug my yamaha dig output sound fantastic,shame i pay a lot money,i wish i knew they where going to put the price down
    you live and learn,good performance,litle slow and slitely noisy,got 7Hdd disk ,2 in the box and 5 to be delivered after 20 days,at the end of the day i dont mind as the quality is rather good,sorry for the long over

regards dxman

Thanks

Toshiba

Its a great price highly recommended - but it is so slow at loading the discs when you have been use to PS3 blu ray. Rememberr if your picking up a Tosh now the extra five disc offer endered 31/1/08 - although they accepted postal orders till 29/2/08 (on the basis you bought your player prior to 31/1/08)

Thanks
    Hopefully get the one I just bought (then didnt work) back this week, but if your after a cheap Upcaling of DVD look at XBMC as this has been a function for a while. Of course your need a Media PC connected to your SCreen or a Xbox Original.

Thanks
    every time i turn mine off at the mains and back on agaon i have to redo all the settings eg: time date is this right

Thanks
    Nah u don't unless you want the time and date. If u just press eject then the time/date setup screen just disappears. I used to enter the time and date everytime but I don't bother now. Just pressing eject when that screen comes up gets rid of it. The machine is a really great upscaler. I have recently bought the James Bond Ultimate editions (Moore and Connery movies only!) and they look absolutely stunning. The really old films look as if they were made yesterday.

Thanks
    how do i update the firmware on my ep30
    what settings do i need on the ethernet
    and also is the site still up for updating the firmware

Thanks
    http://w_w_w.toshibahddvd.co.uk/supportpage_uk.html

check this site and manual for settings and update !

regards

Thanks
    Finaly got a replacement unit sent out BUT left with a neighbour --Now the replacement HD-DVD is in germany -- was a mix up over the xbox waiting for pickup so UPS picked up the dvd player!

so still dont have , gettin a call within 48 hours from MS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast