Thread: Panasonic focus on greener plasma

Thanks

Icon6 Panasonic focus on greener plasma

Panasonic focus on greener plasma

By 2009, the electronics giant Panasonic plans to be selling plasma screens which consumer less than half the power of current models.

Plasma technology may have the edge on LCD when it comes to picture performance, but there is no denying that on average they consume about half as much power again as their flat panel rivals.

As the first plasma manufacturer to eliminate all lead based materials from its screens, Panasonic has proven green credentials. In this case, Panasonic developed a new form of glass panel to replace the lead oxide based traditional screens.

More recently, by developing new phosphors and cell design technology for their plasma screens, Panasonic has significantly reduced electrical discharge with a significantly reduced power loss.

Other improvements in electrical circuitry enable the 42-inch prototype to display twice the luminance efficiency and provides the same brightness as Panasonic's existing 42-inch 1080p full HD Plasma displays

V.I.P
    Thanks
    This is true

Plasma has power problems and I have found this with my warp field core manifolds and they regularly need cleaning during my travels in the delta quadrant.

we are borg