Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What could be the problem with my new dish setup?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think we're making things unduly complicated. If the motor is a DiseqC as stated in the first post, then there's normally only one scale - latitude, and it has been set correctly. Cncentrate on making sure the pole is dead straight, and the dish set centrally on the motor. Then find Thor, more or less as you would with a fixed dish. The only difference is you turn the whole assembly, motor and dish together, by hand, until you get a signal. If there's no signal, alter the dish elevation only,until you get one. When the signal is peaked, everything is set as it should be. No calculations,no wondering whether it's right, job done!

Thanks
    Ok m8's gonna give that a go. Gonna make sure motor elevation is set right and the dish set centrally on the motor then go from there.

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Theres an install video for a DiSEqC motor below

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBErZGBb2Fo

TNT

Thanks
    go to 1w and bring the dish down a bit, not the elevation the dish.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    "bring the dish down a bit" .......Can you explain why he would need to do that?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Theres an install video for a DiSEqC motor below

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBErZGBb2Fo

TNT
    Great video thanks.

Thanks
    Been playing with the dish setup again and its now tracking the arc better. The motor elevation had altered to between 55 and 56 when it should have been 53.4. The dish elevation still needs tweaking as I can't pull in Digit Alb although I do have a signal off the DCS package channels so I'm getting closer. I also think my LNB is skewed wrong so I'm gonna sort that out. Its just a little off but not much. Shall have another go tomorrow. Also on 1west is the Digi Film channels a strong signal? I can get it but its low and was gonna alter the dish for the absolute peak on this channel.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The Digi+ package seems to be quite sensitive to things "not being quite right", same for Digitalb. I should peak the dish elevation on 16E, then adjust the skew and focal length, then just to be sure, check the dish elevation again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgsats View Post
    The Digi+ package seems to be quite sensitive to things "not being quite right", same for Digitalb. I should peak the dish elevation on 16E, then adjust the skew and focal length, then just to be sure, check the dish elevation again.
    Yep I'll give it a go tomorrow. Didn't get chance today. I gotta feeling your right about digit alb being particularly sensitive. Also the skew on my Lnb is definetly miles out cos the transponder that the digit alb sports channels was on was the strongest signal I could pick up with the old dish. I used to get 83-85% on the super sports channels and now I get absolutely nothing.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can't remember - are you using the same LNB?

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    I get around 78 - 80% on Digi TV on 1W on a 1.1m dish which hasn't been aligned for years

TNT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
    Been playing with the dish setup again and its now tracking the arc better. The motor elevation had altered to between 55 and 56 when it should have been 53.4. The dish elevation still needs tweaking as I can't pull in Digit Alb although I do have a signal off the DCS package channels so I'm getting closer. I also think my LNB is skewed wrong so I'm gonna sort that out. Its just a little off but not much. Shall have another go tomorrow. Also on 1west is the Digi Film channels a strong signal? I can get it but its low and was gonna alter the dish for the absolute peak on this channel.
    its a very strong signal on my 1.1m triax dish with 0.2db Inverto lnb

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgsats View Post
    Can't remember - are you using the same LNB?

No a different LNB. My old LNB was 8-9 years old and so we are talking 1.2 - 1.5 db or something like that and nowhere near as "good" as the 0.2 Smart LNB I am now using.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Your new LNB wouldn't be better if it happened to be faulty. Not that likely, but for the time it takes to swap back, you could easily find out.

Thanks
    Yeah that might be an idea to try that. I'll try to set the new lnb up properly, i think its totally skewed the wrong way and then if that fails I might stick on the old lnb to see what thats like. Cheers.

Thanks
    the lnb normally has the cable pointing straight down when its on 1 west

ie:- no skew on 1 west

Thanks
    Yep I'm gonna change it tomorrow. I'll let u know how I get on. Should cure the problems with 16 east hopefully.

Thanks
    Had another go at picking up Digit Alb 16east and no joy. Its quite amazing really cos everything else and I mean everything else is now pretty much perfect. I now put it down to the green tree thats just in front. My old system was on a motor and that meant it was further from the tree and so picked digit alb up perfectly. My new diseq motor has moved the dish closer to the tree and so it must be that which is making the difference. What I mean is the old motor was mounted upways level with the wall mount and this is mounted downways and brings the dish further out from the mount. I have one package on 16east and that is the Max Tv package on 11513 V. Can anyone tell me if this is the strongest signal on this satellite. I'll probably need to move the dish further down the wall anyway when the spring comes and this will mean I won't have to keep trimming next doors trees when they start to flower again. I think thats the plan, shall have to do without digit alb for a few weeks. When I mean everything else is coming in fine for example 5east and the Viasat package is coming in great and digiturk and bfbs at 7 east both of which are on the same powered satellites if not weaker than 16east. Just watching 23east as well with a very good signal. Really is baffling. Oh well bloody trees. Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks
    Just an update on my installation problems. I have a 60cm fixed dish that was set on 30west and decided to give this a try on 16east. To my surprise I am now watching the digit alb channels for the first time since my other dish came down at the end of January. Obviously there will be picture break-up when its raining but to get a signal lock on all channels is a real bonus especially as the dish was set on 30west where there has been nothing available since TV Cabo and Digital + went nagra3. Anyway this all means that I am now relocating my main dish further along the wall and above the tree line which has been the trouble with 16east (wasn't any trouble before on my other main dish, must be cos the new dish is closer to the tree). Mounts up and should be complete this weekend. Lovely jubbly!

Thanks
    Well this is driving me up the wall. I have relocated my 90cm mesh dish to another location away from trees thinking that this would cure the digit alb problem. But its exactly the same as on the other mount. I can get all satellites BUT 16east. I have even tried altering the dish elevation when it is pointing at 16east but this makes no difference. I can NOT get a fix on digit alb. This is ridiculous because 5 foot along the same wall I have a 60cm mesh dish fixed at 16east and I can get the digit alb channels in fine weather but on my 90cm mesh dish nothing. I have tried another LNB with the same result. What am I doing wrong? I was thinking if I was to move the whole dish assembly around to 16 east as the starting point instead of 1 west would that be any good cos thats the only thing I can of doing now as I have run out of ideas. I have tried 2 LNB's, an MTI Blue Line and a Smart Titanium both 0.2db. On my old 1metre dish I had none of these problems when I installed that system. Took me about an hour. This is going on for about 3 months!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast