Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9100 is killing me!

Thanks

Icon8 9100 is killing me!

I can't update via router (mgcam 1.27b & satankeys) it just keeps saying "is a directory" or "can't CD 21 (or 23) temp/var" Can anyone advise? Cheers guys.
    Last edited by r.maxwell; 13-01-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks
    Hiya
    What images are you using?
    Last edited by catseye; 13-01-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    I think it's UR 009. Can still get TP$ to AU but cannot get MGcam 1.27b to go online???

Thanks
    Sometimes the downloads from the panel dont work (key updates etc) & have to be installed via DCC program m8
    It might be worth your while downloading cam & keys to pc unzipping files u want & ftp via the DCC program -Good idea to remove old keys 1st

Thanks
    Thanks catseye. Looks like I've got some reading to do as I aint got a clue.

Thanks
    Removed old keys and cams several times but with no joy. Downloaded evocam, no joy. Out of desperation thought I'd delete evo and try Mgcam 2.17b again and HEY F*@KING PRESTO I am in. I can stop shouting at everyone now.

Thanks
    Fooked again!!! ARGHHHHHH!!! IS A DIRECTORY

Thanks
    Two methods.
    1:- Do a search for Dreambox keys. When unziped you will have two folders, keys and scce. Use DCC program to copy the content of the keys and scce over to the STB. Chmod 755 the files then restart the cam.

2:- Google Florikey 4.5. Once running it searches servers and if there are new keys they will downloaded. Goto softcams select Dreambox and set up your STB IP details (this only has to be done once) press update. Now when you want new keys it takes just a few seconds. It's a great little program.

Thanks
    Thanks traveller, I'll let you know how I get on.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hope you got sorted but UR9 is hopelessly old now, I`d suggest you at least flash to UR10b4, then start again - will probably work much better

Thanks
    mr maxwell,
    hi mate i had the same problem as you so i put on the ur 10beta 2 image and used the dcc to update to mgcamd1.27b amd then just updated through control panel and prem and tps worked.

let me know how you get on

tlal05

Thanks
    Still fooked! Installed Ur10B at which point it lost all contact with DCC. Had to nip round to my brothers (he usually sorts it all but I think I am starting to **** him off now) and he had to reflash it and stick 9B on it just to get it talk to DCC. Got it home today and it still not updating. I don't know if it's the router (sly) or I have knackered the ports, but at least I've got the settings back again. I can download cams I just an't get them to update. Thanks to all the Pimps for the advice but I really need help if it involves anything to do with files and flashing or DCC. I have read shed loads of stuff and I still haven't got a clue what I am doing. Ah well, it's a great hobby and I suppose it's all part of the fun. Cheers lads.

Thanks
    I am in again??!!?? This is really odd. I think it may be the router? Could be paranoid! I will let you know when it goes **** up again.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon14

worst box ive seen inn years does nothing more than diablo cam without headace if your novice get innovative lots to watch easy setup

Thanks
    The tm9100 is a excellent box for the money, just needs a little reading up on.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    (just needs a little reading up on). yeah right anybody can set one up.LOL

Thanks
    Now, now boys! The box is fantastic when its working. I've had for about 6 months and this is the worst it's been. Usually very stable and a doddle to update. Except for now!!! It's not the box it is all the other stuff that goes with it. I have to admit the computer side of it is a mare at the moment but I'll get it sorted (or hopefully my kid brother will). Like anything else, it takes time to learn, just wish someone could show me cos reading up isn,t helping. It's half the fun anyway.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilsner View Post
    worst box ive seen inn years does nothing more than diablo cam without headace if your novice get innovative lots to watch easy setup
    Each to his own. I find it's the best receiver I have owned in the 18+ years using them. Works a treat with things we don't talk about and so easy to update. The only thing is missing is HD so when I go HD I may have to rethink my choice but not yet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilsner View Post
    (just needs a little reading up on). yeah right anybody can set one up.LOL
    I went from the TM1500 to the TM9100 and had never used a linux box before, done a little reading and there are other sites out there dedicated to the TM9100 if you look to help you also. Have no problems with it at all.

Maybe it's just you mate.

Thanks
    Downloaded hacksat v8 and all seems well. Fingers crossed. I love my satellite again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast