Thread: Major Blow For Hd Dvd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Yeah now theres talk that they may incorporate a blu ray drive in the 360. Can't see that happening either.
    _http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=24659

As for HD DVD the Toshiba players are now £115 which is a steal really. Theres still quite a few HD DVD titles available and plenty being released so for that price I reckon I may buy one. If there is no future for HD DVD its still a good price so you can upscale your DVD's. Thats another thing about the PS3, has anyone seen the upscaling on a PS3 for normal DVD's. When I tried it a couple of months back it looked like ****, worse than not upscaling. These Toshiba players do the job right.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
    Yeah now theres talk that they may incorporate a blu ray drive in the 360. Can't see that happening either.
    _http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=24659

As for HD DVD the Toshiba players are now £115 which is a steal really. Theres still quite a few HD DVD titles available and plenty being released so for that price I reckon I may buy one. If there is no future for HD DVD its still a good price so you can upscale your DVD's. Thats another thing about the PS3, has anyone seen the upscaling on a PS3 for normal DVD's. When I tried it a couple of months back it looked like ****, worse than not upscaling. These Toshiba players do the job right.
    I recently got a toshiba xe1 player and they are top of the range upscaling players for dvd as well as okay cd players and HD DVD players. They are selling this model for under 300 pounds now, i got it for 400. I wouldnt think twice about it as a dvd player.Its built like a tank the remote is so****y built with backlights, has gold contacts at the back. Well worth it. The PS3 is not as good as this one for upscaling of what i have read.