Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wavefrontier T90

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Always start to tweak the outer most Eastern and Western satellite you want to receive and then work your way inwards.

The problem most do is tweak the dish for the central satellite which is wrong.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Borderfox,
    According to your images the elevation of the Wavefrontier ist far too high.
    Turn the elevation down.
    Regards
    Edgar

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    Always start to tweak the outer most Eastern and Western satellite you want to receive and then work your way inwards.

The problem most do is tweak the dish for the central satellite which is wrong.
    I'm glad you mentioned that Likvid as it had not occured to me

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Hi Borderfox,
    According to your images the elevation of the Wavefrontier ist far too high.
    Turn the elevation down.
    Regards
    Edgar
    Those pics are from last week Edgar. At the time I had not set elevation (had it unfastened) and was hopelessly shuffling it up/down left/right trying to get reference sat signal.

Incidently, for anyone else considering ground mounting one of these puppies heres one problem i ran into. Although I had concreted the post in well (and deep - probably a meter), the post itself twisted once I put the dish on and started to tune in. Luckily, I hadn't concreted up the full way so to correct problem, I drilled a hole in the mount and stuck a half metre length of steel rod through it - concreting in the overlap on each side. That way, when the wind gets hold of the dish, the whole thing isnt going to turn.
    Last edited by borderfox; 12-02-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks
    Been tuning in Thor today and best I can get is 82% Signal Strength & AGC. Getting a sub 1000 fluctuating BER.
    Thats based on mid-afternoon. Although, I did manage to scan in the bulk of the quality Telenor channels, i'm not sure what they will be like later on this evening/tonight. A couple of years since I viewed channels on this sat before but from what i remember it used to always drop off in the evenings..
    Last edited by borderfox; 13-02-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    Look at the new Visiosat BIG Bisat dish.

A excellent dish that came out this week and much higher quality than the T90.
    Wavefrontier is cheaper, larger and can support more LNBs.
    Would really like to read a comparison of both dishes results.

Thanks
    Have the following tuned in sucessfully;

1*W (although weak signal)
    13*E (reference Sat)
    16*E
    19*E (only getting about 80% signal strength)

I've failed to pick up a signal for 28*E. Now I know its well offset and is going to be weaker but is it possible that having tuned the rest in that I could have NO signal at all for 28? Reason I ask is that if this is an impossibility, I have to entertain the idea that maybe i've messed up royally and 28*E signal path is hitting an obstruction - and hence no signal??

Thanks
    Hey Borderfox,

Have read quickly your problems with the T90.

What I think you should do is determine what will be the extreme east & west sats first.

I don't know if I can mention the site here (the one where my pic is hosted) but I guess you did calculate the correct position for every LNB from that site or from a XLS file from a Dutch guy.

What I do is setting the extreme side (and toughest sat to catch from my place) LNB first (As I live in Belgium, I try to catch Amos on 4W).

I set that LNB at its correct position (according to the calculation) and then try to find the best signal by moving the dish slightly up/down/east/west.

Once you have the best signal possible for that LNB, you have to test the other extreme side LNB at 3 or 4 degrees max from its calculated position.

If you have signal on both extremes then it is as easy as 1,2,3 or ABC to get signal on the other sats (as long as you can catch them from your position with a 90cm dish).

This is a pic of mine in its old configuration.

I'm not a pro but whenever I change the sats pointed, it takes me 2 hours with a receiver and TV next to me.

Hope it makes sense and will help you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by borderfox View Post
    I've failed to pick up a signal for 28*E. Now I know its well offset and is going to be weaker but is it possible that having tuned the rest in that I could have NO signal at all for 28? Reason I ask is that if this is an impossibility, I have to entertain the idea that maybe i've messed up royally and 28*E signal path is hitting an obstruction - and hence no signal??
    If you can't catch 28E from England then there is a big problem in your installation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice1973 View Post
    If you can't catch 28E from England then there is a big problem in your installation.
    Thats what i'm afraid of. I'm hoping skew will sort it out - but then i should be getting some form of signal shouldnt i...? Then again, when tuning in 28 before on a motorised system, it was always a bit higher than the rest wasnt it?

The mount is definitely plumb. My main fear is that its just catching the wall of the house....

V.I.P
    Thanks
    clear line of sight would be your first priority if you can't see your target satellite then no amount of tweaking will give you positive results you may need to reposition your dish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123