Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gbox not reading card

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    think you may have missed some of my points here regarding the flash

I meant you to use the technomate noboot serial 005 full flash into the flash , not the juliet005 , and factory reset so its totally vanilla flavoured by technomate using the noboot , not the uboot , using a serial null modem cable

then use tm009 which is a full flash as well , and factory reset it , now it would have a full technomate 009 flavour in the flash

at this point you can install ur010beta2 into the flash and do what you wish with it , use it or dont use it , up to you , but at least its clean and works too. bear in mind there is no full 10 flash so its an upgrade from 009 afaik

if you then install iboot3a ( or iboot2 ) it doesnt alter the flash , just adds extra files like the extra_run for booting an mmc card from the card reader , and so this allows you to still use the flash or to boot from the mmc card using a startup menu , the flash would still boot with no mmc cards in the box if you wish it

so its not a case of one or the other , it gives you both and is how mine was reconstructed after the disastrous dsteam v3.4 flash issues reported here and elsewhere ( good on mmc , bad in flash ). I used serial null modem cable and tcc6 to get tm005 noboot into the box factory reset , then tm009 using tcc6 over ethernet

I dont understand where you get the idea that this is an either/or situation , its a win-win situation , and far better than having remnants of various flashes hanging around in your boxes as proved by your various startup screens

once you have a clean ur10b2 in the flash , you can add in iboot and use a card for testing images , leaving the flash well alone , and that is my point , and what I do , and what tnt is doing too

and please bear in mind there are 3 of you in this thread , one having a problem , two not having a problem , and we subsequently find you are running from different flashes or upgrades from previous flashes , not clean installs and not always the same flash either , and its this non-identical use that may be at the heart of your problems and explain the different results , especially as all the software you are installing is in beta format and not final , ie:- still buggy

you are all expecting to get the same working results , so you need to sing from the exact same hymn sheet
    That what I'll do will have a look for TM 005 see if i can find it and I'll do what you suggest.

Will defo give iboot a go and my receiver in the next few day so if you don't mind I might pick your brains again.

Thanks once again for spelling everything out, Echelon. I can see that you've had first hand experience of what can go wrong, and that you are trying to save us from falling into the same trap. You have explained the procedure very well, particularly as regards getting the receivers back into the same, original state. I'm sure your explanation will be helpful to others, too - your help has been very much appreciated
    Yes thanks a lot for yours and TNT help so far it has been really well appreciated and educational.

Regards Jono

Thanks
    well i do not know were to go from here now, done everything as per instructions and all seems very well motor moves responds to positions and does not lose it positions when rebooted.BUT I'm back to square one with UR10BETA2 not reading the digitalb card unlike ur1obeta4 and ur11beta they worked ok downloaded gbox2.25 from pannel and then gbox card reader 2 from config in panel then mgcamd1.27b and all worked well. except ur11beta wont save positions after reboot and i have bad experience from ur10beta4 rebooting on my box but that was the only one that reads cards and moves/save positions. lol

So i think it will have to be back to what i had on it at 8 tonight working ur10beta4 and hope after writing tm 005 serial + tm 009 auto that
    UR10BETA4 wont reboot every few hours on Gazzza's box as it did on mine when it was running in it.

Regards Jono
    Last edited by Jono; 09-01-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks
    Well, after 2 weeks and 61 posts on this thread, my box is finally working ! A massive thanks to Jono for working his magic on it and being so helpful and patient with me. To bgsats too for all the advice and posts and persistence in getting me up and running. Echelon and TNT in particular and all the other experts out there that have advised, thought, and taken their time to help others like me that are just starting out. A massive thank you to everyone.
    Regards
    Gazzza

Thanks
    Does someone know if a sly ftv card updates in a TM9100?

Thanks
    Yes, mine updates using hypercam or CCcam161

Thanks
    no sly or enn dee ess discussions here , thank you

this was about supersport etc

thread closed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234