Thread: 7100HD Bugs and wishes

Thanks

7100HD Bugs and wishes

Hi,

I'm trying to make a list with bugs and wishes for the 7100HD. Please append your bugs and wishes to this list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. DVB subtitle not working. I have a subscription for Canal+ Denmark, and I have selected the subtitle language to be Danish in the setup. On Canal+ HD no subtitles are showing, even when there are 4 different DVB subtitles to select on the list.
    (If I press "info" then Swedish language DVB subtitle is suddently shown, I suspect this to be the first choice on the DVB subtitle list.)

2. Subtitles are to small, especially the teletext ones. It would be nice to be able to select the text size and/or the font.

3. I used to use the VCR Scart socket to transmit the program via wireless link, to another room. It would be nice to have the option to turn the VCR Scart socket on, even when the slide switch on the back is set to HD.

4. An option to turn off the harddisk would be nice after a given time.

5. When going in to the menu, and then again leaving, the VFD is showing the program name from the full program list and not the current program from the favorite list.

6. The epg info for the current program is shown by pressing "info", why not add the time left on the current show, instead of showing a bar.
    Also when the epg info for the current program is shown, why not make the "Volume" arrows able to select the next epg info. Having to go into the "Guide" everytime is annoying.

Regards bilb

V.I.P
    Thanks

Thanks
    Other wishes & bugs :

1) The 7100s is unable to be used for another receiver position.

Ex : I have a QualiTV for 422 feeds and if I set the Vantage7100 on a sat position and polarity.

It works but if I set the Vantage7100 on standby, it's like the position is changed. (In fact, if you put it on standby, it's like the signal can't go thru the loop out)

2) Blind Scan : ok we knew it was a software one.

But damn, I have no time to lose on scanning a whole sat.

Why can't we set a start and ending Frequency ?

3) USALS troubles makes me go bonanza

4) And this last one is unbelievable and unacceptable for me.

There is a delay of 1 second.

Test :

Vantage 7100S - Direct SAT IN

OUT to Clarke Tech 2100

And CT2100 images are ahead.

Have tested with different methods (SCART/HDMI/SD/HD)
    Last edited by Fabrice1973; 08-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The biggest bug is I lost all my settings the 7th time in 1 month...

I got this receiver about a month back in December, can I still send it back considering the no of bugs the receiver has?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    The biggest bug is I lost all my settings the 7th time in 1 month...

I got this receiver about a month back in December, can I still send it back considering the no of bugs the receiver has?
    Yes thats a bug. Just leave the reciver on - its when you turn off you lose settings!

Use the Channel editor on the pC to upload your CHannel list so when you just takes a few minutes to copy to your receiver if you lose everything. There is new software out so be posted soon.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    unfortunately the serial port on my PC doesn't work and I can't take a back up of my settings...

Currently there is no editor which will allow me to import the transponder details from either Lyngsat.com or SatcoDX, unless I am missing something, or I would have updated the transponder list using the USB key