Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IPBOX 9000HD coming soon!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_t_baxter View Post
    the only thing that puts me off buying one of these is that it doesn't support diseqc 1.2
    That shouldn't bother me too much as I move the dish via an old echostar sat receiver that has a positioner. Yeah I've had the receiver for 10 years and only use it to position my dish.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_t_baxter View Post
    I emailed a company in Poland who replied back saying they would have stock 19/01/2008. Lets wait and see what happens in 2 days time.

Ian
    they cant have it on 19/01 do you think they will clear the goods from costume on a saturday noway i think they will have more like 24-25

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxaxxx View Post
    they cant have it on 19/01 do you think they will clear the goods from costume on a saturday noway i think they will have more like 24-25
    don't shoot the messenger....... I'm only quoting the email they sent me.

Thanks
    coming soon like dreambox 8000

Thanks
    i'm only trying to explain how the thinks r work out m8... i'm not a hunter dont worry if dont come we buy same think else...and also katherin have no card reader m8 it's a bit boring<<<<

Thanks
    here where realy kathrein comes from _http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/szdongsi/product-detailzqAEysocEgWX/China-DVB-S-UFS910-.html ,it has nothing to do with kathrein engineering is pure sh it fake fong"

Thanks
    Wrong i'm afraid "Marusys" are the OE manufacturer and yes like most recievers are produced in china and/or taiwan it's a fact of life!, like a few exceptions you have to pay a premium to get what you want nowadays built and/or designed in the country of origin like technisat or reelbox.

Regards.

Thanks
    Hi,
    And P.R.C is totally different than Taiwan.
    Yep,they are making everything close to Guangzhou.

Thanks
    anyway by experience the best products comes from south corea ,you can make a differece between the quality of PCBs you will see what i mean,from china are total rubish specialy electrolitic capacitors

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi

The designer can be anywhere world wide then it depends on were they will then look for cheap labour and the capabilities of the company to manufacture there required product to the required standards . So Korea or China its still down to the original design and spec . Just look at the car industry .
    The link is a supplier not a manufaturer Shenzhen Dongsi Technology Co., Ltd.
    so would noy jump to some conclusion that they manufacture. They have dreambox's on the site !

Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daxv8 View Post
    Hi

The designer can be anywhere world wide then it depends on were they will then look for cheap labour and the capabilities of the company to manufacture there required product to the required standards . So Korea or China its still down to the original design and spec . Just look at the car industry .
    The link is a supplier not a manufaturer Shenzhen Dongsi Technology Co., Ltd.
    so would noy jump to some conclusion that they manufacture. They have dreambox's on the site !

Cheers
    still cheap copies we are seeing ,and sorry i´m not jumping to any conclusion,,its a fact the way chineese work quality is far lower quality then corea or tawain ,specialy the components ,i do work for a company who import stuff from asia and from time to time i go up to check the products ,let me tell stuff from china are shayt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipino View Post
    anyway by experience the best products comes from south corea ,you can make a differece between the quality of PCBs you will see what i mean,from china are total rubish specialy electrolitic capacitors
    true,,,

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipino View Post
    Yes i agree, look at the Dreamboxes, plastic boxes and cheap thin layer PCBs and they charge premium price because the have such market dominance.

I had both Topfield and Relook earlier and they are made in South Korea and comes with a much higher quality.

Chinese products are crap, they use cheap metals in their mounts and such that easily breaks if you overtighten the nuts and screws.

Actually Taiwan are the worst of the worst, i beleive they are worse than Chinese made stuff.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Is there any official or unofficial image out there?

Thanks
    Officeal there is, but is not out for no one, as nobody than the beta testers have this box, so there is no need for software untill the box is out.

Lest hope it will be good,

cheers

bobi

Quote Originally Posted by kaja008 View Post
    Is there any official or unofficial image out there?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    Yes i agree, look at the Dreamboxes, plastic boxes and cheap thin layer PCBs and they charge premium price because the have such market dominance.

I had both Topfield and Relook earlier and they are made in South Korea and comes with a much higher quality.

Chinese products are crap, they use cheap metals in their mounts and such that easily breaks if you overtighten the nuts and screws.

Actually Taiwan are the worst of the worst, i beleive they are worse than Chinese made stuff.
    at the end of the day one has to see which receiver has got the maximum support before deciding to buy one...

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Tarzan,

Totally agree m8. If the product has little or no support then you might as well not both . I had an early Technomate PVR which had some software releases at the early stages then the support stopped .I ended up with a box with bugs and a right pain in the arXX.
    We know the support for the DM8000 will be there by the amount of interest and present Dreambox support. It will be pot luck if you buy a product then the support could stop . Once the DM8000 hits the market watch out !!! I am waiting, as the HD market is slow and there are lots of SD channels.

Cheers

Thanks
    Yes that is right, no support is not good for the product.
    but what makes uss think there will be support for the new DM 8000 ??
    it will be an clouse source thing mate, just some part of the firmware will be open

at same time i thing there is inaf support for Ipboxes to, many images ,addons, emus all working (exept CCcam that freezes)
    i have owened an dreambox since day 1 and was very happy untill i buyed an Ipbox
    since over 2 months i have never restarted my ipbox, it stays there and working like horse.

My old dm is now in pension, and im glad i did make the edsition to buy ipbox
    i use for now the original image deliverd from ABCOM and i have all i need in it
    i have tryed also images like gemini, pli, ds,peterpan,
    i have installed multiboot in my hdd and all is just perfect.

Now what will i do with 100 images if my hardware is just carp,
    what will 100 images give me back when my receiver is just unstable and hangs all day round from 3 to 10 times daily.

I prefer the ipbox and lett me have only 1 image with all the things i need
    better few and stable box than thousend but a carpy box.

cheers

bobi

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daxv8 View Post
    Tarzan,

Totally agree m8. If the product has little or no support then you might as well not both . I had an early Technomate PVR which had some software releases at the early stages then the support stopped .I ended up with a box with bugs and a right pain in the arXX.
    We know the support for the DM8000 will be there by the amount of interest and present Dreambox support. It will be pot luck if you buy a product then the support could stop . Once the DM8000 hits the market watch out !!! I am waiting, as the HD market is slow and there are lots of SD channels.

Cheers
    Hd market slow ? i got 15 hd channels

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi,

What ABCOM ipbox are you using ?There are a lot of images and some are unstable .I stay with the most stable image which I have found to be Gemini.
    What cams are you using?

The quantity of HD channels compared to the amount of SD channels is low So 15 HD channels a good starting point .

Cheers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast