Thread: 180 Dish with C120 Quad LNB

V.I.P
    Thanks

Question 180 Dish with C120 Quad LNB

Hi all, A friend of mine wants to buy a 180 dish ( From M*plins prime focus )and put a Quad LNB with it, the only problem is that I do not know if you can change the LNB holder which they recommend to use C120 flange. Question, as anybody got one of these dishes from M*plins and changed the LNB holder?????

Thanks
    Why not just buy a C120 quad LNB and suitable feedhorn.?

A standard quad LNB will not match a prime focus dish.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks, I think it is the diff in the price and location, we are in Spain and the dish is coming out to him, M*plins do not do a C120 Quad but do a normal LNB Quad so thats why I asked the question, I did not know that a normal LNB does not match a prime focus, learn something every day. He will have to google and find a supplier of one. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    ..... find a supplier of one....
    These people look after me whilst I am in Spain, be it Cordoba or Alicante regions.

You have PM....if chosen, hope you achieve the same satisfaction.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have a similar issue, currently I have a 1 meter motorised but also want a 1.80 for sky FTA, and maybe hd in the future. what can you get in Spain with a 1.80, feed horn and quad LNB.

I live in La Marina south Alicante

cheers

wwe

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi, I live in Murcia south of you, I get the full monty with my Channel Master 1.8 but use normal LNB but friends of mine do have Prime Focus 1.8 with normal LNB, not many have C120 type fitted????
    Maurice.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Prime focus dishes are often supplied with matching feedhorn designed by the manufacturers to get the best performance from their dishes. Can't see the point of disposing of that feedhorn to fit a universal LNBF - there are those who disagree, but I've yet to be convinced! The feedhorn of an LNBF cannot match the PF dish correctly.

Thanks
    haven't got one myself, but the ******s dishes dont have a very good rep

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    Hi all, A friend of mine wants to buy a 180 dish ( From M*plins prime focus )and put a Quad LNB with it, the only problem is that I do not know if you can change the LNB holder which they recommend to use C120 flange. Question, as anybody got one of these dishes from M*plins and changed the LNB holder?????
    That dish comes with a 40mm LNB holder , ie a normal LNB size. When you use the C120 flange (you will need that as a normal LNB is useless with Prime focus), that flange is size 23mm, which means you will need a little plastic adaptor (40mm to 23mm).

I don't recommend changing the dish holder, search for CPC site on g**gle and look at item SE00424 . That bit of plastic is magic.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    on a 2m precision prime focus dish I use for c/ku I had an adaptor made by a local shop machined out of alloy fits into the c band plate for ku lnb quick and easy to swap over all dishes can be adapted one way or another but most of the time the supplied feed works best even though I personally use third party unit works ok

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thank you all for your advice, must apologise for the late post but had problems with my ISP the last couple of days, I will show my friend these post when he calls around tomorrow (Manana). Regards Maurice.