Thread: usb to serial

Thanks

usb to serial

Could anyone please help,been trying to load fun 7card for my dragon done it dozens of times,but since my new pc has no serial port had to buy usb to serial converter,it writes card ok,but when in dragon cam it says CARD DOES NOT CONTAIN A VALID IMAGE i have tryed different files still same thing.do these converters work.or am i doing something wrong,
    regards moss

V.I.P
    Thanks
    They do work, but not in every case. Seems to depend on the computer, and the adaptor, and the serial connected device - i.e. may work with one device, but not another. As you are able to go through the motions of programming the card, the problem may lie elsewhere.

Thanks
    Thank you for your time,should have said programmer is a smartmouse se serial its a few years old has always performed well,you say problem could lie elsewhere,such as.
    regards moss

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Bad download, not unzipped correctly, bad file in the first place (highly unlikely if from here). "Smartmouse SE" is that the Adtechnik? Have you had any problems up until now?

Thanks
    name on programmer cryptik,no never had this problem, old pc was windows me millennium edition new pc windows xp home edition, could be i have not unziped file correctly its a bit different on xp will check again,this is really piging me off.
    thanks very much moss

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try erasing the card once or twice. Make sure everything is erased which includes internal/external eep and flash

Thanks
    thanks sounds like a good idea,how is this done,cant see any way with dragon loader
    regards moss

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The programmer software should give you main options like erase/programme/read etc and it should also give you options, for funcards anyway, of choosing where to load files such as to the internal eep, external eep and flash. That way it is also possible to erase files in these parts of the card

Sorry i can't be specific as i don't know much about your programmer

V.I.P
    Thanks
    To erase individual files you would have to program the card differently. At the moment it sounds as though you're selecting Phoenix mode, then using the Dragon Load software. I'm not familiar with your programmer/software. If it's just a smartmouse there may be no alternative, but most programmers allow you to program a fun card using their own software. However, if you're not sure the file is unzipped correctly, check that first - and load only the .dra file.

Thanks
    i use an old serial elvis progger to program my fun card 7 using a USB = serial converter, works fine.

let me know if u need my settings.

i use MultiProg.exe (1.9)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I asked the same question about my INFINITY USB as my laptop didnt have a serial port.
    The answer was to upgrade the firmware to 1.6 and it works with only the USB cable.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    i use an old serial elvis progger to program my fun card 7 using a USB = serial converter, works fine.

let me know if u need my settings.

i use MultiProg.exe (1.9)
    Any chance you can post the drivers you are using m8...please...

Thanks
    Thanks for relpies,looks like i have knackerd my fun 7 card thought i might erase card in my old infinity usb programmer,couldnt find fun7 in menue so clicked on prussian card and erased card, now it wont even connect to my smartmouse let alone go through the programing process.
    hacked off moss

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Use the Infinity, you need to select Prussian Card 5, which is the same card as Fun 7.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    Any chance you can post the drivers you are using m8...please...
    no drivers - its serial.

i can send u a screen grab of my Multiprogger settings tho

Thanks
    Got the dam thing programed at last ordered new dragon loader card, still useing usb to serial convertor, and bingo it loaded dragon first time,still dont see what the problem with fun 7 was.thank you all for your time and help.
    happy again moss

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The cards themselves can fail. The chips embedded in the card or the internal connections can give up the ghost, in which case it isn't practical to repair the card. Alternatively, the flash file can be corrupted or accidently erased, in which case it can be reprogrammed. Either way, your problem was only with the card, so no expensive equipment to buy!