Thread: TM6900 hard drive to DVD

Thanks

TM6900 hard drive to DVD

i have just took delivery of TM6900 and am very impressed with quality of picture quality
    for a test i plugged in my 4 GIG pen which is formatted to FAT32 and recorded onto it for short period
    when i have plugged pen into my computer to try and download onto DVD it will not recognise the files
    when i open the files on the pen they show
    DVD movie info
    IDX file
    Transport stream.
    can anyone advise as to what i need to convert and burn to DVD.
    i would normally use Roxio.
    thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I suspect what you'll need is a tool which will convert the transport stream (TS) files into DVD compliant mpeg, something like AVStoDVD or ConvertXtoDvd - IIRC both of those can convert transport stream files.

HTH

V.I.P
    Thanks
    was thinking of getting this reciever but was unsure what format it recorded in and wether it recorded encrypted streams unencrypted that could be edited on a pc later. Manly HD stuff from premiere etc. Hope its not limited to fat 32 file structure as file size limits will be a pain when messing with HD :(

Standard def mpeg2 TS streams are easily converted to dvd. Just demux The TS so you have a m2v video file and a mp2 audio file. (Google TS mux/demuxers) I use Dvdlab to author the files.

Thanks

Tm6900 hard drive to DVD

i will do a search for your recommendations as for hard drive
    when you get a new hard drive it has to be formatted on the 6900 which formats it to FAT32 which i dont think can be changed

Thanks
    You can watch the non HD recordings, using program:
    VideoRedoPLus ( no converstion required), can creat vosbs quickly and burn onto dvd no problem

The HD recordings, I have yet to manage to play. I was told my Techmoate to use CoreAvc codecs would work. I purchased this but still am unable
    get it right. The audio is normal speed , but thevideo is slowww.

If anyone can sort this out it would be great.