Thread: 2 Humax's, Patch only works on one

Thanks

2 Humax's, Patch only works on one

Since I've largely gone across to the Technomate 1500, I'm sure I've overlooked something simple whilst trying to get a couple of mates' 5400s to work with the latest patch.

I've successfully downloaded the latest patch (9.6) onto both STBs.

Both 5400s have identical channel lists and the same loaders (H2.08), the same S/W versions (HIC1.05.00) and the same System IDs (0016.600).

Both STBs have the same configs, ie CAID Preselect is set to CARD+EMU on both machines.

Despite it looking that both 5400s are identical, only 1 of them works with the latest patch in terms of clearing any encrypted channels.

Since I've gone a bit rusty with the Humax, can anyone suggest something that I've simply overlooked on the second machine? I'm at a complete loss!

Many thanks...

Thanks
    Maybe keys haven't loaded
    Are provider keys showing in the humax's ram editor [menu / toh / Parser /Ram editor]
    or can you read them back with dsr9500? , click read button

or.............. a long shot
    Have you tried swappping cards over, maybe card reader contacts need cleaning in the one not working ?

Sometimes just reloading everything works

Thanks
    Thanks grumpyy!

As soon as I started reading your reply I knew what I had forgotten about...keys!

Seems like the first STB hadn't deleted them on installing the new patch, but the second one had. I seem to remember that that shouldn't happen unless the settings are updated...

Anyway, I uploaded new keys and hey presto, it worked!
    Thanks again grumpyy.

Just goes to show how quickly you can forget about the basics!