Thread: What's best

Thanks

What's best

Do you think a PS3 console is as good as a dedicated blue ray player if used just for dvd's

TC

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Not as good as a dedicated player; but you cant play games on those. Also they cost more. The PS3 is a good deal at its current price.

Thanks
    Thanks

Thanks
    I have seen ps3 play blu ray quality is fantastic but that depends on what tv it is the one that was hooked up to the ps3 was top spec panasonic full HD1080p so you get what you pay for .

Thanks
    Have just brought a Pana 42PZ70 this weekend so thats ok thanks for your reply

Ted

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The PS3 makes a fantastic Blu-ray player, plus you can download the latest trailers from the Sony store, all in HD as well

Thanks
    Do a little research m8.
    I bought the same telly back in October and had the same decision to make.
    I waited for the new samsung blu ray player and the then new Sony BDP300 but had become very friendly with the retailer who told me as soon as the sony arrived at £399 to wait 28 days before buying as he had to sell at £399 to complie with RRP but already could see on his system that it would be reduced to £299 after that period. Can now get it for £249.00 and all this within 3 months.
    I decided to go for the PS3 and thank god i did. Read all the firmware issues with stand alone players and then do a google on HDMI 1.3.
    I think then you will know what you want !!

Thanks
    Thanks will have a look at google

Thanks

Ps3

Thanks have had a look on goggle and looking at it I also think the PS3 looks best at the moment so it looks like thats the one for me better start looking for the best deals about

Banned
    Thanks
    yh i think the player and the console are the same but PS3 is what il go for because it does a range of things.

regards, bond

V.I.P
    Thanks

psp3 price?

whats the best price for psp3 at the moment, I c gume are doin various deals at and around £300 thats with 40gig hdrive and game selections, anyone know of better deal
    cheers

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    I would go for ps3 at the moment as blu ray has a profile system with profile 2.0 being the highest which the ps3 has,
    a profile 2.0 standalone player when it comes out is going to cost a packet ! clever hu !

HD DVD on the other hand had one standard and all the profile 2.0 hardware as standard

Have a read here

_http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080118-new-nlu-ray-2-0-spec-makes-ps3-the-most-future-proof-player.html

TNT