Thread: 3.4 fix crashed.

Thanks

3.4 fix crashed.

Just spent all afternoon getting my box back. I had 3.4 fix in flash and there is a known bug with the factory reset, so I could not f/reset from the menu before I scanned a new sat. It scanned OK when asked if to scan another No I didn't after that it just hung so I switched off at the back. Thats when it stuck with four dashes on the front panel after about 30 secs after boot screen. I did a F/reset from the front panel just got back to the dashes. Tried different images from serial and came up with wrong file type. What saved the day was TM9100 Manager I used it to iboot to SD card and then switched to UR10 b2. When I first got it back the HDD was unmounted. I now have UR10 b2 in flash with DS 3.4 in iboot. The HDD is now Ok but have lost my movies. This was the first time I loaded into flash and have always used iboot. So if you don't want to waste your time and sanity load 3.4 with iboot. Waiting for 3.5.

Thanks
    personally , I am waiting for a good stable image for the flash as well as some new images for iboot

I had to use the serial cable method with tm noboot v005 to clear out ds 3.4 and had problems with it complaining about model types etc too

at first I loaded in juliet005 and then tm009 , but have since taken tnt,s advice and loaded in original 005 noboot file from tm , then after factory reset loaded in tm009 into the flash and again a factory reset , then continued with iboot for the images

it would be great to get an up to date rock solid flash image from technomate , and then try other images in iboot like dsteam v3.5 and ur010 final etc

another strange thing is I am starting to believe loading in channel lists can cause problems too , as I get different results according to the channel list I use , and the bigger the list the worse it seems

this box will be good one day , but its not rock solid like my tm1500ci , and yes , dsteam v3.4 should be avoided in the flash

Thanks

Icon8 Ds3.4 Crash

HI, m8,s i agree with the traveller and found the image to be a pain you can,t factory reset and when trying to go back to another image it wouldn't let me and although the graphics are good but then when the emus are loaded can't get Gbox to work and then uninstalled it wouldn't do that they were show up and also get xml files not found as well. Iam in the procss of serial upgrading (WHICH WILL TAKE ABOUT FOUR HOURS TO DO)the original 009 image and am going back to ur images at lest you can change the image without any problems.I know the TM is new and will have problems but no Sorry guys DS 3.4 not stable as its made out to be going back UR.

Thanks
    I did a serial update and it took maybe 20 minutes or so

make sure your com port is set to 115200 , as well as the tcc loader

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Just a quick note factory reset clears everything in var back to its original state, the difference between noboot and update
    image is noboot contains var so no need to factory reset after noboot install as its a new var

I still find UR010B2 and Juliet009 and DS3.3 quite stable with original 009 in flash but all are less stable if using gbox

EDG-NEMESIS is meant to be a flash image but don't know anyone who has tried it in flash yet though seems very
    stable on iboot for me hope they release a full version with emu etc

TNT

Thanks
    most of my reboots and crashes seem to happen when using gbox too

I always do the factory reset anyway , just to be sure

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    I just noticed theres a new beta UR image just been released no info or release notes though might be a good idea to let others try it first

TNT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    might be a good idea to let others try it first

TNT
    Quite right about that and I would only load it with iboot after the above problems.

Thanks

crash

hi,m8 need help i was reloading the serial image 005 and now is stuck at ErAS and this is displaying on the front of the reciever. Is this suppose to do that or have i done it wrong what reflashing in serial mode. I still have my HDD in the reciever do i need to take out? Many thanks for the help in advance mate

Thanks
    its should say that until it has finished , which can take a long time

it will tell you onscreen when it has finished , and also on the tcc6 loader too

hdd can stay in , mine did

if it is stuck , you may need to reboot and try again as getting dsteam out can be hard work

at worst you will have to jtag it

Thanks

Icon14

many hanks for the reply mate will do that and leave it for a while.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yorike View Post
    many hanks for the reply mate will do that and leave it for a while.
    Keep trying you will get there in the end.
    Mind you, you will have a lot less hair on your head.

Thanks

total crash

hi m8 i have not been able to download the serial 005 original software on the tm9100 and now will have to send it to techonmate themselfs to reprogramme it for me.I don't have jtag and ithink i wouldn't know where to start with as well so we'll see what happens but for the rest of those who are trying or have 3.4 DSimage please be careful when using it .It is a b****** to get rid of when it goes pearshape

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    hi m8 i have not been able to download the serial 005 original software on the tm9100 and now will have to send it to techonmate themselfs to reprogramme it for me.I don't have jtag and ithink i wouldn't know where to start with as well so we'll see what happens but for the rest of those who are trying or have 3.4 DSimage please be careful when using it .It is a b****** to get rid of when it goes pearshape
    Have you tried loading original 005 from MMC ?

TNT

Thanks

Icon8

hi .TNT have tried that many times and as soon as 100% comes up the recievr shows ErAS and that is it mate and wouldnot go any further then that i have tried the reset and everything the technomate service people told me to do but still no go and now on 4 dashes

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    hi .TNT have tried that many times and as soon as 100% comes up the recievr shows ErAS and that is it mate and wouldnot go any further then that i have tried the reset and everything the technomate service people told me to do but still no go and now on 4 dashes
    I don't know what to tell you as luckily I haven't had this problem yet so have no experience of solving it, I can tell you
    your not alone as far as DS 3.4 is concerned seems to have caused lots of problems

Unfortunately if you can't sort it you may have to jtag or find someone who can do it for you

These boxes can certainly be a challenge if they go wrong I just managed to write protect my whole SD card

TNT

Thanks
    If you have not sent your box away yet try a serial update using TCC 3, i have found that the later TCC can lock up when loading the original images.

Thanks
    hi guys many thanks for advice and ideas ihave now sent it to technomate for reflashing