Thanks

Icon14

AM

I'am using the latest disqec 9 in1 swich / 8 Lnb ports an 1 for DVB-T

Take care

Glenn_911

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil View Post
    after seeing echelons 4 way zone 2 set up and being bored, i copied his set up, also running an old 60cm on 30w

got bored again to day, dug out a spare old lnb, and with the use of a drill grip and cable tie as a holder my zone 2 now has,

42e 28e 19e 13e and....... 4.8e

can anyone tell me the name of this dish and where can I get it in europe,also I like to ask if is goog for 4 lnb 13-16-19.2-28 east?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi1 View Post
    can anyone tell me the name of this dish and where can I get it in europe,also I like to ask if is goog for 4 lnb 13-16-19.2-28 east?
    the dish above is a standard zone 2 sly dish by raven I believe , but the arm has been adapted

what you require is either the triax dish of at least 80cm with the trioax 4 way lnb rack and also the slimpline alps lnbs , or the gilbertini version with 4 way lnb rack and again the slimline alps lnb,s , or the WAVE FRONTIER 90CM TOROIDAL dish and slimline lnbs

Thanks
    Thanx echelon for your answer!I am live in Slovenia and I already have the noname 80cm satellite dish,but I look for the better one,becouse in my place sometimes the wind is strong and this dish is not stable enought.You give me already some answers about the correct dish,but I also look for the small posible size of the dish,becouse I can put it in my balcony.For my location the Latitude is: 46.213°
    Longitude: 14.649°
    With this noname 80cm dish I can get all 4 satellites really well,but I need the better dish and if is posible with 70 cm of size.

Thanks
    Now I have this lnb set's for 13-16-19.2 E and I have a good signal with my noname 80cm satellite dish,but I need a 70 cm satellite dish with good signal and strong arm.So far I need only this 3 satellite.Can you suggest me the good antena with this size?

Thanks
    the only 70cm dishes I have heard of are the raven gemini 70cm dish

I suggest you google for the words "70cm satellite dish" and see what comes up

personally I havent seen or used one myself

Thanks
    Yes,you are right.Raven satellite dish is the only one.I will order this dish .I hope that I am not fail with my choice.I know the size is 80 cm,but looks like that signal is really good.

Astro ASP 78

SAT-Antenne
    - Antennenart: Außenantenne
    - 38,50 dBi Gewinn
    - Material: Aluminium, Stahl
    - 780 mm Durchmesser
    - Maße: H800 mm x B780 mm x T600 mm
    - 4,80 kg Gewicht

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    The 13E, 16E, 19E three degree spacing limit can often be achieved by turning the centre LNB upside down if it is the body that causes the problem.

Obviously, you need to add a lot more waterproofing to the connector(s) though.

Thanks
    iam thinking of having a go at this cant get my 800 to work with a motor
    iam currently pointed at 1 west with a 90cm dish if i make an extension arm would i be able to pick up 13 19 & 28 in in n/west near wigan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose50 View Post
    iam thinking of having a go at this cant get my 800 to work with a motor
    iam currently pointed at 1 west with a 90cm dish if i make an extension arm would i be able to pick up 13 19 & 28 in in n/west near wigan
    its unlikely to work if you are pointing at 1w , as thats a bit far away from the others and you are expecting around a 30 degree spread whereas most dishes can "see" about 24 degrees at best which is 5e to 28e approx , or 13e to 42e approx

you can use 13e , 19e and 28e by having 19e as the focus of the dish , but to achieve 1w as well you would probably need one of those special dishes with a double collector ( Force Toroidal Multibeam Satellite Antenna , or maybe its a force frontier , not sure )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    Here it is, the miracle!!!!

I'm sorry Goran but the miracle will never work to many lnb's on a small dish, here my Triax 1.10 with 6 lnb receive 8 satellites.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn_911 For This Useful Post:

echelon (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    How do you stop the dish mounted on the pallets from blowing over in the wind Goran? Have you bolted them to the roof?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    I'm sorry Glenn but you are NOT reading!!! IT IS WORKING!!!

The point is: where are you [this is for ex-YU area] and how it is done, plus what with...

Enjoy learning from the pros!

Goran

It is impossible to let 8 LNB's on this small Triax dish (78cm) works.

This Dutchman speaks from years of experience in/by placing these dishes and you ?

Glenn_911

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn_911 For This Useful Post:

echelon (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    the L shaped extension bracket looks interesting at the end of the standard arm connecting the lnb rack to the standard arm

what is it ? angle iron or something you made up ?

seems to have a bar code sticker on it too

my whole arm was replaced with rectangular aluminium from an old pair of ally step ladders
    hey echelon.

I've a spare arm from another 60cm dish I can carve at. I'd have to secure it with a bracket or something so i'd just have a wonder around B&Q with the arm to see what might do the trick.

cheers for the tips on my other post. I was wondering...

When you got the three birds on your 59cm dish, how much did you extend the lnb arm? (i.e how much longer-ish do was the replacement step ladder arm) Sorry I know it was a long time ago, I'm just wondering if its worth having a play with

Cheers
    Last edited by tayta; 03-09-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tayta View Post
    hey echelon.

I've a spare arm from another 60cm dish I can carve at. I'd have to secure it with a bracket or something so i'd just have a wonder around B&Q with the arm to see what might do the trick.

cheers for the tips on my other post. I was wondering...

When you got the three birds on your 59cm dish, how much did you extend the lnb arm? (i.e how much longer-ish do was the replacement step ladder arm) Sorry I know it was a long time ago, I'm just wondering if its worth having a play with

Cheers
    those details are in the thread I posted at the time, that warranted this thread as a response (post 1 hints at the other thread)

find the other thread and you find those details too

its also mentioned in posts #11 and #12 so you havent read through this thread properly either !!

alternatively, double what you have and then have an amount poking through the back of the dish (variable)
    suitably placed fixing holes along the side would allow in and out adjustments until you get the right focal point, like I did
    I have a feeling its was a similar length to a zone 1 arm added to a zone 2 arm, give or take an inch or two

you could possibly use some pared hardwood offcut to marry the 2 arms together and black japanned fixing screws to hold them
    if necessary use metal brackets like you get from car spares shops, like angle iron only it has no angle, a bit like old meccano

its improvisation city when doing this job, which is why you think outside the box

18. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

tayta (03-09-2012)

Thanks
    just checked the arms in my garage and the zone 2 is 13 inches and zone 1 is 9 inches , making 22 inches added together

the modified stepladder arm is 20 inches long, so I wasnt far out on my last post

as you can see its 7 inches longer than the normal zone 2 arm and 11 inches longer than a zone 1 arm, this makes a massive difference in what can be achieved

other members on here used angle iron types of bracketing or similar methods to extend the original zone 2 arm to the required length, but best to use aluminium for this if the correct size box section cannot be obtained

I had 4 pieces of box section after cutting down the stepladder and still use the same stepladder now in 2012, albeit its not as high as it once was

so 20 inches on a zone 2 is what you are aiming for, or change to an 80cm or 88cm dish like I did eventually (bought one secondhand with slimline lnb,s)

I also have an old 80cm lenson heath dish and bracket in the garage that would be suitable for such a project, and as its a side arm wall fixing like a zone 2 its not really suitable for motorisation (it doesnt have any elevation adjustment bracketing at all as its done on the side arm) which is why I changed from it to a triax td110 many, MANY moons ago

I also found 2 zone 1 dishes in the garage and will be getting back a modified zone 2 (with monoblock) at the weekend when that dish is changed to a motorised one (elsewhere not here)

Thanks

Thanks
    the 1 st picture on this thread has a 2" extention, and worked well.

have moved since then, and the dish is only 3 way, at the moment, as couldn't get 42e and keep a decent signal on the others,

Also before it was at standing height so easy to tweek, now its on a chimney, so a lot harder to tweek whilst looking at a TV screen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12