Thread: daylight robbery

Thanks

daylight robbery

hi guys,other i went to sunday market i seen many mobile trader seling and unlocking mobile phones.i asked them to can you open(unlock) my nokia n73 answer was yes but £35,£30,£25,£20.£15,I Asked con you unlock now the answer was come to our shops and leave it for next day.I think all of them are cowboys.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi

They cannot do that in the street because they need some equipment.

Usual price on the continent : € 15 (about £ 10)

Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echostar_uk01 View Post
    hi guys,other i went to sunday market i seen many mobile trader seling and unlocking mobile phones.i asked them to can you open(unlock) my nokia n73 answer was yes but £35,£30,£25,£20.£15,I Asked con you unlock now the answer was come to our shops and leave it for next day.I think all of them are cowboys.
    To unlock these new Nokias you need a service box, and most of them needed an internet connection and to operator to purchase logs. You also need a Testpoint microscope and a very steady hand to solder the testpoints.

My BB5 unlocking box cost me £400 and the microscope cost me £85. I also had to purchase a hot air/solder station which set me back £70.

The first boxes coxt anything upto £7,000 to buy. I guess at that price you can understand why they are so dear to the end user.

Thanks
    I work in Kuwait and my Samsung G600 was locked to my UK provider...Vodafone. I wanted to use my local sim in the phone............I emailed vodafone, asked if they could unlock it. Within the hour they mailed me back with the info required. It cost me £19.99 which they charged to my monthly account. Why mess about with the back street gangs when your provider can do it for probably less money and without the risk of damage to your phone.