Thread: altering caids with Echolink receiver

V.I.P
    Thanks

altering caids with Echolink receiver

You know how you can alter the caid of channels in the cas part of the system info menu on a technomate 1000 series (for reasons we should probably not discuss too much but WSP/SSSP related)...i.e. hit the blue/pos button pos etc.
    I can't see how to achieve this on my new Echolink777 which is, apart from this aspect, working very well.

anyone?
    Last edited by ekon; 05-08-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon3

It's OK to talk about CS in principle!

Knowledge emancipates and connects! It's not exclusive! That's what the conservatives would want you to think/feel!

Knowledge is for ALL!!! It includes - it does NOT exclude!!! It liberates and enhances!

Those that don't want you to talk about it usually have their own, lowest and worst possible, calculable interests at heart - and those are to be fought!

Emus/CS SW are there for everyone to use! And the info about it must follow! Otherwise the little Mafia of ours gains and we loose!

Just don't give out anyone's personal details [yours included!]! Don't offer or ask for CS "service", as it were...

Cheers!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    true Goran..but can you help on this cs problem with the Echolink..either here or by pm. I have found one or two others on the many boards out there who say they use the 700 series for cs with WSP ok..Id like to be able to use my 777 too. I am pretty sure this altering caid business is the key to it..but how to do it on the Echolink??

Thanks

Question Dunno with RL recs...

Not sure, as I haven't done it yet, if course...

But it should be, in principle, similar to Samsung:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59923

Try and then do tell, please: alter whatever is different...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Goran..I have only very limited experience of cs programmes and have only used WSP...to use another system will take me a while to get my head round it. However, if you mean the last part of your excellent Sammy tutorial i.e.:

"Also, in the Sammy Emu Menu I have:

Emu to ON,
    EMM to ON,
    CAID to MANUAL,
    Sharing Mode to SSSP,
    Channel CA Info to NOT SHOW."

Answer is I don't think the Echolink has all those menu options..maybe I missed something so id someone knows where thse are I'd be grateful if they'd post it here.

p.s. what is the "keyfly" option for? (option against GboxSSSP in the menu)?
    Last edited by ekon; 06-08-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks

Question

No, m8, of course, the EMUs differ in that regard, but the overall picture must be similar, as both receivers use the same protocol and must go via a PC to the net, since they don't have a LAN card, so most of the stuff must be quite similar, non...?

I haven't tried the CS at all in EL, as I had no time or opportunity, m8... You tell me, please...

In 3020 there is a "dongle" option, too... But...???

Thanks

Question

Btw, I don't even know if one can be both the server and a client with EL, via a serial port only [at the same time?]...? But 3020 has an embedded multi card reader, doing a nice job, it seems, so... who knows...?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    >Goran...as I may have said in an earlier post WSP appears to communicate with the Echolink box ok..I get similar messages including the "Echo" message in the log etc just like I do when using WSP successfully with the Technomate 1500.

I am fairly sure it is a case of altering the menu structure of the 777 to enable channel caids to be input manually or better still like the Technomate from a choice built-into the menu. That would be in a patch wouldnt it?..and I certainly dont have the skills to write that option in.

If people are successfully using the Echolink receivers for cs then maybe they are just lucky that the caids in the cs log are the same as in the Echolink menu..or more likely.. they are using an alternative protocol to WSP like Wolfbox 2.10? Maybe something that allows them to alter the caids TO the one embedded in the Echolink menu...that could all be bollocks mind!

EDIT: Sorted...the Echolink mod on one of the other boards suggested using All_Key.exe to modify the settings in the CAS system. I selected the relevant encryption system and then added an extra line to the columns, in All_Key, for the patch I'm using (swV.1.3.6)..did this using the info shown at the beginning of the WSP log ...found the line (user id), the caid, provider id (provid) and key ...bingo. Works a treat.
    Last edited by ekon; 06-08-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks

Question

Btw, the "dongle thing" is the Phoenix card reader being plugged into it, possibly?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    >Goran...there is a "keyfly" option..that or Gbox SSSP. Don't dreambox users use usb-dongles, 1gb or so,..to play with different images?? (..I think ..I've no first-hand experieince). Any d'box owners??

I guess with a serial/usb adapter you could do something similar..but on the 777 there is just the serial port for the rs 232 cable..no usb port. I am happy to use WSP for cs but it can only handle Newcamd so the keyfly option might be worth exploring???
    Dont know about the Phoenix?..never had one.

Thanks

Question

No, m8: [if memory serves] the "dongle" in this case is most likely the card reader/programer in Phoenix mode, so it can read all sorts of cards. Dreamboxers had to have it for a while, too... and I think it was also the serial port stuff [mostly N*D*S business].

USB port or LAN card are not present on EL recs. Ergo, we have to share via a Serial port. Since there is only one - one can have only 1 connection at the time. I think. Unless the same port can handle more somehow... Dunno, I am not a programmer...

My guess is that either the dongle or a keyfly thingy, in this case, may well be a decoy/false card thingy - but not sure...

Anyways, the kind writers should have written the darn how to, shouldn't they... Not cool, us guessing like this, is it?

Btw, I messed with 3020, which has a multi card reader, so might be a slightly different story from 777...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ekon View Post
    >Goran...as I may have said in an earlier post WSP appears to communicate with the Echolink box ok..I get similar messages including the "Echo" message in the log etc just like I do when using WSP successfully with the Technomate 1500.

I am fairly sure it is a case of altering the menu structure of the 777 to enable channel caids to be input manually or better still like the Technomate from a choice built-into the menu. That would be in a patch wouldnt it?..and I certainly dont have the skills to write that option in.

If people are successfully using the Echolink receivers for cs then maybe they are just lucky that the caids in the cs log are the same as in the Echolink menu..or more likely.. they are using an alternative protocol to WSP like Wolfbox 2.10? Maybe something that allows them to alter the caids TO the one embedded in the Echolink menu...that could all be bollocks mind!

EDIT: Sorted...the Echolink mod on one of the other boards suggested using All_Key.exe to modify the settings in the CAS system. I selected the relevant encryption system and then added an extra line to the columns, in All_Key, for the patch I'm using (swV.1.3.6)..did this using the info shown at the beginning of the WSP log ...found the line (user id), the caid, provider id (provid) and key ...bingo. Works a treat.
    Glad you got that sorted, Ekon.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    largely thanks to you pointing me in the right direction..ta!

Thanks

Question

So, how about a step-by-step, then...?