Thread: Adding quad LNB to motor dish

Thanks

Adding quad LNB to motor dish

Hi all, i currently have a motor dish with a single output LNB, but i want to connect two more receivers to it.

from the picture above the cable from the current main receiver goes into the motor then a cable to the LNB. Now am i right in thinking when i get the quad LNB i just reconnect the cable from the single LNB into the quad, then add the other to cables to it?

Also i've never fitted an LNB before, it just looks like removing the single and adding the quad, will i have to move it about to get a signal?

thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Agent04; 20-07-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks
    if its a straight swap you wont need any adjustments

and if you reconnect the lnb cable from the motor the original receiver will still work and control the dish and motor

the other feeds to the slave receivers will work ok but will only give the same sat that the main receiver has the dish pointed at

ie:- you wont be controlling the dish from the slave receivers , only the main receiver

Thanks
    Many thanks for the reply m8!

I was just a bit worried i would end up with no signal after installing the new LNB.

As for controling the sat from the main receiver, thats fine.

thanks again

Thanks
    get a good quad lnb and not one s**+ comes with , i just put a rubbish one on my big dish and found the signal has gone down a mile from what my single 0.3 lnb was pulling in.

Thanks
    also, they will be a bit more heavy than a single lnb, might need just a little adjustment to take the strain on the arm

Thanks
    just an update...

fitted an Inverto 0.2dB got signal on first try on all recievers! on the spare plug i put some tap around, hopefully it'll be fine like that. and no issues with the weight so no adjustment needed.
    thanks all again

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You should have run a cable from all four that way say at a later date you may need a spare to test or if one of the others goes down you have not got to get to the Dish.

Thanks
    I could have, but the other two cables were already there from another dish and i didn't have any spare cable. Might get some just to have it all fitted properly though.