Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new pet123 channel settings

Thanks

new pet123 channel settings

pet123 channel settings

hi all,
    here you go, the latest pet123 channel settings dated 21/03/08 which i am privileged to be able re-post from the pet123 site after doing my little adjustments.

the modified and adjusted files are ok to put in directly, the full version will need editing to use on the 5400
    regards
    voith

ADJUSTED FOR SWITCHES
    INCLUDES
    28E
    26E
    19E
    13E
    05E
    O1W
    30W

i think i have them all in
    Last edited by voith driver; 24-03-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks
    hi barron,

to start with the modified pet123 has already 16E and 10E with all the channels

but to get 45E channels

first open file modified pet123+h to h mounts190707.hnf in hnfsmart

then open file toh_45east-43west-Humax-30-21.hnf in another hnfsmart

line up both and reduce them to a manageable size to work on screen

then go to provider in both editors and highlight 45E

one will have dummy channel in the other will have more channels using the one with the channels and making sure you are still highlighting the correct sat, go to

edit
    select
    all
    it will all go blue then back to
    edit
    copy

then cross over to the other editor, making sure that one is also highlighting the correct sat, go

edit
    paste (paste will only be available if you have correctly copied from the last)

now depending on how many channels you are moving i would give it some time just in case its not all transferred before you do anything else

when you are happy its finished moving then look at the bottom of the editor screen
    you will see how many tv channels and how many radio channels you have, the aim is to reduce so that you have below 4000 in total, so its just a case of right click and delete if you are dumping 1 channel at a time, or its select all and right click and delete service, if you are doing it by provider

once you are happy save the file

i hope this helps
    voith

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxhum View Post
    Bal i found some settings and editor for your hummy 2000 put it into puc
    Maxhum

Thanks, but what is puc?

Fred

Thanks and I am not sure if they work on the 2000?

Thanks

Thanks
    puc = public upload centre

just guessing

Thanks
    new Update pet123 settings 04-11-2007 for your hummy

Thanks
    hi all,
    all updated, file dated 04/11/07 but my files dated 05/11/07, just in case someone queries the dates
    all the best
    voith

Thanks
    hi all,
    i have just re-upped the modified and adjusted files to include the other FTA stuff on 28E ie bbcnews 24 itv3 etc

all the best
    voith

rkbuttoo

these?

Can any one tell me if these new settings can be used on the humax 5300 machine.If so how do I do this.//??

Thanks
    hi rkbuttoo,
    yes m8, they will work on the 5300, just use either humbox or hnfsmart, guides are up in the help stickie
    all the best
    voith

rkbuttoo

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by voith driver View Post
    hi rkbuttoo,
    yes m8, they will work on the 5300, just use either humbox or hnfsmart, guides are up in the help stickie
    all the best
    voith
    Thanks for your reply,good i am getting there very slowly as have never doen this before.
    So now that I know thay will work on the Humax 5300.please tell me how to..........update and load onto the machine.I appreciate your help and thanks in advance.Pm me if possible.

rkbuttoo
    Quote Originally Posted by rkbuttoo View Post
    Thanks for your reply,good i am getting there very slowly as have never doen this before.
    So now that I know thay will work on the Humax 5300.please tell me how to..........update and load onto the machine.I appreciate your help and thanks in advance.Pm me if possible.
    Which of the 3 files do I use

Thanks
    hi rkbuttoo,
    well, you have the modified for mounts, this is for motorised systems, you have the adjusted for switches, ermm, for switches, and the third is the basic full file which needs editing.

without a 5300 to work with i can only give you a general picture, with both programs you will need to set them up to suit your stb, then basically its then just throw the file in
    though how well it works on your stb depends on how well you have set up your antenna's, they are set up as basic diqesc 1.2 listing, so after loading you will have either a setup which just needs fine tune, or one that needs to retune all the sats, but once done all the pet files that follow will work.

keep in mind i can't give you any accurate info as i do not know the 5300, other than its like the 5400.

hope this helps
    voith

rkbuttoo

tnakns Voith

But that sounds too complicated I do not want to m,ess up the decoder.

Thanks
    hi rkbuttoo,
    its not normally too difficult, but it would not be in my interest to not warn you of any problems that you may encounter, I can not know what the setup of your box is, so cannot give a hard and fast answer.

but any problems you might encounter, you might still encounter while using your box, so its all part of the learning curve, even so will not kill your box, worse case is that you need to retune your sats.

Its all down to you in the end, but as i say its not normally a problem, if you have any doubts then post in the main forum querying how other 5300 users fare

hope this helps
    voith

Thanks
    I have used pet settings for years on my 5300. Use HNF smart or Humbox to edit and load. You can upload your current settings and update.

Thanks
    Hi Voith
    I've been using your settings for a long time and thank you for all your hard work. A question: I have exported the Badr3 services to your main settings but have noticed that they get rather "scrambled" in that some of the services seem to switch satellites eg Sirius and Nilesat. They look as if they are all saved as Badr but when you run the curser over the transponders some are on other satellites as shown by the white box that comes up. I can't for the life of me work ot how to resolve this and any help would be much appreciated. By the way, I'm using Humbox.

Many thanks and Happy New Year.
    Last edited by Bees; 01-01-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks
    hi bees,
    I would recommend using hnfsmart its so much easier, basically, run two, one file in each and cut and paste between the two, i have always found this sort of thing to be a bit difficult in humbox, though if i remember there is a good tutorial in the help section.

this might not help but

voith

oh and my brain is not in gear with your specific problem, i am a lazy bugger and if i can't do it one way i will do it another

Thanks
    Many thanks Voith. I will give that a whirl and see what happens.

Thanks

pet123

Have just upload pet123 but do not have any keys it's all 000 and cannot put any keys in with remote??

Must have done something wrong??

Any help please!!

gazboy

Thanks
    alright gazboy
    try puting catone in hummy again if you have not got any keys in ram editor
    and keys disapear when you enter them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast