Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a TM9100, I dunno

Thanks

Thinking of buying a TM9100, I dunno

At the moment I have a dreambox 500s, which at the moment is running fantastic with no probs but the odd freeze now and then. I'd like to try this TM9100 but the more I read about it the more i'm unsure. I keep hearing about dead boxes and this jtag thing which worrys me. Like with my dreambox, if it fails to boot I just connect it to the serial and in 5 mins it's back to normal. What are the chances of me buying this box and everything working ok like my dreambox? Is it harder than a dreambox to setup?

Thanks
    i think u will find its only the odd 9100 that goes **** up and thats mostly when people are trying some third party software, the same risk goes with the dreambox, i have a dreambox and that’s been fine butt a few people again have had to use jtag to sort the boot loader, i have the 9100 and i got one for a m8, both are running ur9 software and no major problems, the odd crash but that’s all and u can expect that at this early stage in software development, the 9100 software is coming on in leaps and bounds and i for one think the box is as good as the dreambox if not better and the price is very good. flashing is a breeze and most of the setting software except images work the same as dreambox. so all in all a dam good buy
    Last edited by eme; 18-07-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks
    like you i was unsure about the tm9100 but i went and got one anyway to see wot the fuss was about?
    yes it can be a ba*****d to get it working but there again so can the dreambox
    i know i have one aswell so i can canpair the two the dreambox in my eyes is my baby but the tm9100 when it is running write is a good box most probs i see
    with the tm9100 is the ppl using them [including me] they will only do as wot you tell them to do? anyway first week i had it was ready to put it on the floor and stamp on it but i did'nt [im glad to say] i think the dreambox is easyier tosetup at the moment as it is more stable as you know it has been out a lot longer so there is a lot more support out there for them but on the other hand
    the dreambox paved the way for the tm9100 so software is already out there
    just needs a fine tune up[alter it] so it will work in the tm9100 there is growing support for the tm9100
    so i have now got mine runnin ok got a few bugs but im happy now and it is cheaper than a dreambox 7020 as it can do more or less the same ie mmc/pvr
    but you wont find out until you get 1 there is even a new forum for the tm9100 but you will after google it .

go on take the plunge

like the dreambox either you like it or you dont?

hope this helps

madian2

Thanks
    I am glad I bought one despite some of the bugs , and it gets better week by week as the bugs get fixed

and as stated it may be best to keep the original in the flash and run the emus from the mmc as sd cards are very cheap to buy nowadays

I have several images on my integral 1 gig sd card and can choose at bootup

I also have a 250 gig hard drive in it at the moment so it acts as a pvr , and tested my s*y card works in it too

despite having made several jtags I havent had to use one yet ( famous last words ) but its only similar to using a cas1 or cas1 plus interface , or some of the older phone unlockers , so that hasnt put me off and almost everyone with a boot failure has fixed their boxes with a jtag , and I built at least one of those so I know they work

I have a samsung 9500 , and a tm1500 for the daily grind , whilst I learn this tm9100

do I regret buying it ? = no

would I buy another ? = yes , and probably will for multiroom

do I think it will get better ? = yes it will

is it good value for money ? = yes it is , just look at the price of a cam + programmer !!!

does it help to know about pc,s and networking and routers etc ? = yes it does , as its a pc in a sat box

the scare stories didnt put me off then and dont now , as having owned one for 6 weeks I think its excellent at most things and will be brilliant when the ur and juliet and ds images get finalised a bit more

Thanks
    Just to convice you more I have had my TM9100 for a couple of weeks, now running UR9 with just the odd reboot happening, I have it wireless in the bedroom sharing my local card and it works 100% for that.
    And those of you that have had a dreambox for many years remember well the lock ups and constantly having to give it the three finger salute.
    I would say the TM9100 seems far more stable and the dreambox was in its early years

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    I wouldn't even think about it just buy one you won't be sorry

I'm using original 009 in flash and UR009, Juliet009 and DS on MMC both the UR and Juliet are stable for me

TNT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    I wouldn't even think about it just buy one you won't be sorry

I'm using original 009 in flash and UR009, Juliet009 and DS on MMC both the UR and Juliet are stable for me

TNT

I am now thinking of doing this as I have ur009beta1 in the flash at the moment and all the other images on sd card , including ur009beta1 and beta 2

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I am now thinking of doing this as I have ur009beta1 in the flash at the moment and all the other images on sd card , including ur009beta1 and beta 2
    It works well for me

The reason I did this was from when I tested some skins on my MMC and then had to remove them because they wouldn't
    boot ended up removing the ones in the flash by mistake

With the original in flash I can tell the difference plus not a bad idea to stay out the flash either

TNT

Thanks
    its the best box i have ever had even with its few bugs (at the moment)

well worth it!

Thanks
    it have aready have a few tricks up it's sleeve [ell pee]

madian2

Thanks
    I must be the only one here that thinks the TM9100 is not worth buying unless you want constant lock ups and have to reboot the receiver all the time.
    Not to mention that I have had to reformat the HDD every time a new image is released, and CI CAMS have not worked very well when recording.
    Give it time and it may improve, but it's a big gamble.
    I would not buy one if I knew what I do now.

Thanks
    I dont get constant lockups

I dont have to keep rebooting it

I have used images on an sd card and only formatted it once

the hdd seems ok no matter which image I boot , although early images have various hdd recording problems

I havent tried cams yet as there hasnt been any need for me to use one

obviously some ppl have problems , but I dont mind the odd problems I have had

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    @xanadu

All those problems could be down to your HDD being incompatible with your receiver

Everyone who suffers reboots and all the other problems you list also have HDD problems aswell

I would disable core files for a start see if that helps as every time your box crashes it sticks a load of enigma files on your drive

I also don't expirience any of those problems in UR or Juliet

TNT

Thanks
    yip im with tnt and echelon here!
    i have had no crashes at all using the latest images

Thanks
    Thanks for everyones replys on this. I'm still deciding at the moment, I may hold off a bit and buy one for the winter months. Like at the moment my dreambox is going really great and I get all channels. The saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it, keeps coming to mind.

Thanks
    just sold mine off

Thanks
    Hope you made a profit A.

Thanks
    yes 5 euros

Thanks
    what were your reasons for selling a?

Thanks
    reboots and no real firmware support and having a dreambox 500 and 7020 the 9100 seemed really inferior, yes great price, good looking box but thats all.
    Each to his own choice I guess AND I dont have the patience m8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast