Thread: connecting 2 Recievers

Thanks

connecting 2 Recievers

Er im clueless about this - but reckon it can be done.

I have a 2 x HD recievers - The humax will let me veiw a chennel in english wihere the fortec wont.

Its a pain remove the ANT. Cable to swap each time -- can I loop a cable ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes if you have only a single output lnb switch one receiver to standby should work ok loop on main receiver to lnb in on the slave

Thanks
    oh ok -- so they both get a feed - so you switch between them.

so the master can only move the dish then/

Sorted -- Oh yea -- thats cool!
    Last edited by applematt; 12-07-2007 at 04:20 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    the master receiver has control over polarity ect and the one that controls the motor if you switch the master receiver to stand by the slave should have access to all bands hi lo but not the motor so firstly drive your dish to the desired sat and then put in stand by to use the slave

Thanks
    Yes __ thanks -- There is no wor around that sharin a cam ?! Still havbe to swapo the bloody cam

V.I.P
    Thanks
    if both receivers are basically the same not mutch point swaping the cam from one to the other if they both open the same packages

Thanks
    Yea it sounds dumb but it aint -- But one recevier has problems with English Audio - the other has other problems - So combined 2 makes one good one

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    the master receiver has control over polarity ect and the one that controls the motor if you switch the master receiver to stand by the slave should have access to all bands hi lo but not the motor so firstly drive your dish to the desired sat and then put in stand by to use the slave
    I have two receivers which are looped though & connected to one motor. Of course only one receiver can can control the motor at any given time.

I use DiSEqC 1.2 in my Samsung & USALS in my other receiver which is a Fortec. The motor understands both sets of commands and so both receivers can control the dish without any problems.

I can drive to any satellite with one receiver and then switch if off. Then drive the dish to any other sat with the second receiver. The motor won't get confused about where it is or where it should go to. The system works really well.

I use the Sammy to watch TV and the Fortec for blind scanning.

I also have a Canal Digital HD receiver looped into the system. It can't control the dish at all so I just use one of the other receivers to drive it back to 1 west before I use it.

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    I have 2 technomates ( 1500super and 9100) driving the same dish via a vbox2 you can only have one on at a time they are connected via loop through and both move the dish the same just when loading ensure they use the same sat nos
    ie set-up with one then copy sat nos to the second

tr8