Thread: Setup 9100 super

Thanks

Setup 9100 super

I am trying to setup a 9100 super for someone got as far as changing the password in box with TCC and have setup flash fxp ftp, unsure what to do next do I need to update the original software first before I put on a new Image on it, if so how can I do this, was thinking of using this one posted by traveller
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102037

Thanks
    It looks like Ive knackered the box now tried updating it to 005 update with DCC 7.1 that went fine left it reboot but it keeps booting to the technomate page now and won't go any further, can't do a factory restore with the switch and top arrow either

Thanks
    the early images like 005 were for the tm9100 , and not the super

the super started at around 009 or later

so you have basically flashed the box with the wrong image as its not for a super

you need to try to load in a later image with the serial loader , or jtag it with a later image

Thanks
    This does not sound good as I expected, will try the serial loader if it still works on my old pc with 009 instead :beatdeadhorse5:

Thanks
    looking through the firmwares it looks like its actually 011 in post 6 here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66083

that one is for both models

I also think you will have to build a jtag and flash it with 011 before it will work again

Thanks
    Think your right it will not work how could I build a jtag (its still under warranty)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Think your right it will not work how could I build a jtag (its still under warranty)
    being under warranty does not cover owner misuse by flashing with the wrong file

a warranty covers an inherent defect by the manufacturer , not misuse by the owner or his friends

there are details on building a jtag in the stickies etc at the top of the forum

had you read this forum more closely you would already know this and have found the correct file to use in the first place. if you cannot find the jtag details or correct firmware then you better cease right now as its a lot more complex than finding and reading sticky threads

Thanks
    before going down the jtag route

first try a factory reset, restart the unit, holding the up button, if you get the set up screen, then you might be ok,

its been a while since I messed with jtag on the 9100/9101

if the setup screen is there, I would try using the null modem method, and put the nemisis image on the unit, takes ages, but safe

baz

Thanks
    just looked at the jtag sticky

which if needed is accurate, but no walk through

I did write up a walk through a long time ago, ( on darkmans forum ) and cant find it just now, but its still relivent, and easy to follow

but hopefully, you wont need it, if you do, post again, and I will try and track it down

baz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    being under warranty does not cover owner misuse by flashing with the wrong file

had you read this forum more closely you would already know this and have found the correct file to use in the first place. if you cannot find the jtag details or correct firmware then you better cease right now as its a lot more complex than finding and reading sticky threads
    I am sure the info on the 9100 super is on this forum echelon but I just did not see it, never knew the update software for those boxes was different from the 9100

@ basilyoung a factory reset will not work using the top button and rear switch

Thanks
    I am sure the info on the 9100 super is on this forum echelon but I just did not see it, never knew the update software for those boxes was different from the 9100

@ basilyoung a factory reset will not work using the top button and rear switch
    I appreciate that you did not see it , but you also did not see the jtag sticky thread either , which compounds the problem , especially as the jtag is no walk in the park as basil rightly says

putting the wrong image on a box like this will always kill it and that is why the jtag becomes important on this box as its not easy to rescue it , so had you asked first you would hopefully have been pointed at the correct image to use ( prevention is better than cure )

unsure as to why you mentioned the warranty as any retailer would easily know that you have flashed it with the wrong image , which is user error , and they would have to jtag it at your expense

if I find that basil young jtag tutorial I will post it for you , as I agree it was a really good tutorial on this matter , probably the best one I have seen

Thanks
    Don't worry about finding the jtag guide as I will not be doing this, I think I have done enough damage done already
    If I could make 1 suggestion echelon why not have a seperate 9100 super section altogether and have the correct update firmware etc for that box there, it might just save someone else from making the same mistake I did, only a suggestion

Thanks
    Don't worry about finding the jtag guide as I will not be doing this, I think I have done enough damage done already
    If I could make 1 suggestion echelon why not have a seperate 9100 super section altogether and have the correct update firmware etc for that box there, it might just save someone else from making the same mistake I did, only a suggestion
    we dont need a separate section as careful reading is key to this , but what I have done now is to place warnings in RED on each firmware so that the same mistakes wont be repeated in future , most owners are aware that the name and model number of their box will dictate which firmware should be used

I have also posted several jtag posts , and a picture , to help with that aspect of the repair for anyone who needs it

the basil young guide is there now too , so all the info is now up to date and relevant

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    we dont need a separate section as careful reading is key to this , but what I have done now is to place warnings in RED on each firmware so that the same mistakes wont be repeated in future , most owners are aware that the name and model number of their box will dictate which firmware should be used

I have also posted several jtag posts , and a picture , to help with that aspect of the repair for anyone who needs it

the basil young guide is there now too , so all the info is now up to date and relevant
    Now I think thats a huge improvement echelon (like the red print by the way)