Thread: factory reset

Thanks

factory reset

How do you do a factory reset as when I load juliet5 my receiver keeps on going to 19.2 then nothing happens.

Thanks
    Press the setup button on the Remote then go to Expert Mode then scroll down and press the Factory Reset option.

Thanks
    or hold the up button and switch the receiver on , then choose the factory reset option from the onscreen menu

Thanks

factory reset

I must be doing something wrong installing juliet.If I install the original 05 from mmc I can go into options and do a factory reset.When I install juliet 06 from mmc It comes up on the screen with language settings and flashes on and off not allowing me to do anything.Can you install 05 and 06 with mmc or has it to be done some other way.Many thanks for the help but this my first go at a linux receiver.In the past I have had tm 5500/tm1500

Thanks
    after loading the juliet image 006 and its doing that flashing on and off thing
    do the factory reset as described by echelon, that should cure it

Thanks

Icon8 factory reset

This is now really getting on my t""ts.Everytime I try one of the juliets or original it just flashes at settings such as pal or config.Bring back my 1500 I gave to my mate.I try to hold arrow up when I switch on but it makes no difference.Any suggestions before I crack up at the first simple step of this machine.

Thanks
    if you hold up (on the front of the box) when powering on you will get a basic black screen with the factory reset option!

Thanks
    I found one of the Juliet files posted on this forum in the firmware section was corrupt causing the flashing on and off as you have found.

Same files direct from another source and everything worked perfect.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I found one of the Juliet files posted on this forum in the firmware section was corrupt causing the flashing on and off as you have found.

Same files direct from another source and everything worked perfect.
    used them files myself mate! and my box is working just fine however had to do factory reset after using juliet05 but apart from that everything works just as it should.

many people have reported that they have to do factory resets and some have said they do not however i think this is only a short lived problem as i have had rumors that there will be a new juliet image around soon and that will install from factory.
    there is also a new ur008beta5 relese that can also be installed from factory this is supposed to be the most stable image todate (aint tried it yet myself) however does not look as nice from what i hear

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zad View Post
    used them files myself mate! and my box is working just fine however had to do factory reset after using juliet05
    It was Original 05 that did not work for me, and it would not work enough to even do a factory reset. Download the 05 files elsewhere and it worked first time.
    Last edited by xanadu; 11-06-2007 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks
    do you want to send me your 005 file and i shall replace the one in the firmware section just incase

Thanks
    It was the Original 05 image that did not work, as I was following the instructions in the sticky.

Thanks

factory reset

I have managed to flash original 05 but still cannot get a juliet 6 once flashed to manage a reset.At the moment I am using a dragoncam with predator loaded but it is not very stable with the cam.It says no module frequently and I have to reboot quite a lot.If someone can point me in the direction of a juliet 5/6 or original that works for them I will try it again tomorrow.Is it okay to load them both with a mmc or should I use the technomate centre.

Thanks
    the only image that seems stable with a cam at the moment is the new ur008beta5

there is nothing wrong with loading all images using mmc (thats the way i do it) however it is quicker to do it via technomate centre.

as stated before im using juliet 006 (the one i have posted in the firmware section) and it is working a charm with no problems however im not using any cams just emu

as far as loading an image before juliet 06 you can use ether juliet05 or the original 05 it makes no difference however you must load one of them first

Thanks

factory reset

Thanks for your help I will have another go today.I am off to my mates to update the 1500 I gave him and show him how to do the update through his laptop.Hope I don,t regret given him it.I know I willl get there in the end with all the help from you guys.

Thanks
    I only discovered yesterday I had to remove the S*y card before I could reload Juliet 006.

Suggest removing all cards & cams first.

Thanks
    I have found that to start from scratch it helps to run through the setup on the original image and get the box running as a fta box before updating to a later image.
    It does mean you have to go through the motions of updating the setup in the later image but at least you know you have had a working box so any problems are from a bad flash.