Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: not easy !!

Thanks
    I tried 3 emus ( using juliet06 ) and both slots and never got it decoded once , but I was only experimenting and most of what is written is not understood by me , and so it may take time before I start messing around with folders , files and permissions etc

at this moment in time I just want to get it to work like the tm1500 or the sammy 9500 , and to iron out any bugs like the updates url not working , or how to stream using vlc , or how to d/l the key updates using the box update satans keys option , or some of the other features in the menu etc

so at the moment it worked ok on 30w for fta and cabo and d+ , fta on 13e and fta on 28e , with 19e my next addition to the 4 way switch and test d+

once it is doing what I expect , I would hope tps could be got , and premiere to come back , and then its doing what my other boxes are doing

so its from that point that I would want it to do more , but just getting it to do what I want has been stressfull , but worthwhile

I would also like to know if we have to update all the keys from the satan files , like when d+ change , or if we only need to replace the softcam as I suspect , seeing as its usually a keychange which could be done on the softcam using the remote according to zad , so seems pointless changing dozens of files for 1 keychange !!

Thanks
    i think you do have to just change the softcam key mate but its just as easy to change them all if your ftping the file over (it only takes a seccond more)

as far as installing the satan key update you do this the same way as you installed the emu's

stick the gz file in the temp folder and then blue button manual ect...
    then to run it yellow button (plugings) push ok on the updater wait a few seccond while it gets the keys and then reboot, this should be all you need to do.
    however i have not yet checked to see where the keys are coming from and how quickly they are updated after a key change

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I would also like to know if we have to update all the keys from the satan files , like when d+ change , or if we only need to replace the softcam as I suspect , seeing as its usually a keychange which could be done on the softcam using the remote according to zad , so seems pointless changing dozens of files for 1 keychange !!
    This morning I downloaded camd3 key as it was posted first.

Installed into var, keys folder replacing the camd3.keys file that was already there. Works a treat.

However no real time saved compared to installing the bundle.

It can also be opened & edited with notepad, but I'm wary because of previous post about cocking up linux by editing files with notepad.

Need clarification on this.
    Last edited by peggle; 06-06-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    @ zad

I thought that doing it that way meant it was unpacking the keys from the file in your tmp folder and copying them to the correct places , similar to doing it yourself using ftp

so my thoughts were that it may do it from a url and so you wouldnt have to copy the file over to tmp , and wouldnt have to copy the files over manually

ie:- I thought it was possible to push a button on the remote and get the box to d/l the latest files from the net and install them , a bit like you should be able to do with an emu if the url was working

Thanks
    @ zad

I thought that doing it that way meant it was unpacking the keys from the file in your tmp folder and copying them to the correct places , similar to doing it yourself using ftp

so my thoughts were that it may do it from a url and so you wouldnt have to copy the file over to tmp , and wouldnt have to copy the files over manually

ie:- I thought it was possible to push a button on the remote and get the box to d/l the latest files from the net and install them , a bit like you should be able to do with an emu if the url was working
    But how do you connect the box directly to the net when its connected directly to the computer? I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks
    I use a router m8 so its not connected to my computer as such , but I havent worked out any net connections as yet

as for this satan key updater , read this here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...387#post440387

and here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64896

this is what I thought we could do , instead of loading the satan gz file to the tmp folder

Satans Key Updater for Dreambox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satans Key Updater for Dreambox

Nice useful plugin for Dreambox

Copy to var/tmp and then run manual install

Thanks
    hi ech, no i meant im using the satan key autoinstaller (the one in your second link) you install the plugin the same way as you install an emu via the blue button routine

as i said before it works fine but have not checked to see where the file comes from (url) and how often it updates

Thanks
    I use a router
    Ahh, I see now. I assumed as you followed my guide you were only connected to the computer like me. I use a USB modem for the net.

Looks like a router might be next on the shopping list.

Thanks
    Satan key down loader works fine, just give whoever updates it on the server with key changes time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peggle View Post
    Ahh, I see now. I assumed as you followed my guide you were only connected to the computer like me. I use a USB modem for the net.

Looks like a router might be next on the shopping list.
    I use a Linksys Wireless router and it works 100%
    Just plug the TM9100 box & PC into the router Ports and the modem into the Linksys Main port
    DHCP will sort your IP address automatically.
    Open up the DCC software and you should see 3 boxes where the IP addresses normally sit (PRESS SEARCH ON EACH ONE) and the DCC will automatically find your settings..
    Then the connection bar will turn from Red to yellow when it is set up correctly
    Last edited by DaOne; 06-06-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zad View Post
    hi ech, no i meant im using the satan key autoinstaller (the one in your second link) you install the plugin the same way as you install an emu via the blue button routine

as i said before it works fine but have not checked to see where the file comes from (url) and how often it updates
    tried this by copying to the tmp folder as I dont have a var/tmp folder , and there is nothing in the box when I try to install it using the blue button and manual update etc

I also unpacked it and copied it across to the correct folder
    var/tuxbox/plugins but I get an error message cant start the file ending in sh

so neither method works for me , so stuck again on this one , unless I should make a var/tmp folder and copy to there ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaOne View Post
    I use a Linksys Wireless router and it works 100%
    Just plug the TM9100 box & PC into the router Ports and the modem into the Linksys Main port
    DHCP will sort your IP address automatically.
    Open up the DCC software and you should see 3 boxes where the IP addresses normally sit (PRESS SEARCH ON EACH ONE) and the DCC will automatically find your settings..
    Then the connection bar will turn from Red to yellow when it is set up correctly
    Thanks for that.

Think I might prefer one without wireless though.

I've got an AV sender & also Mains remote which I think work on the same frequencies?

Still researching at the moment.

No rush.

Thanks
    tried this by copying to the tmp folder as I dont have a var/tmp folder , and there is nothing in the box when I try to install it using the blue button and manual update etc
    Have just copied it across to the tmp folder, 1, Install Addons, manual, manual & its sitting there waiting to be installed.

Won't actually do so though as I don't want it yet.

Thanks
    echelon,You have not chmod the two files to 755,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodolddad View Post
    echelon,You have not chmod the two files to 755,
    thats when you copy the file in directly

however i have had no problem sticking it in the temp folder and installing it the same way you would an emu....

dont know why its not working, ive done it a few times now after resetting and starting from scratch

Thanks
    Check the properties of each file to see what they are.

Thanks
    sorry , I have seen this chmod but no idea what that means etc , and didnt understand it the first time zad mentioned it with flashfxp , and yes I did copy them across using dcc as the tmp method doesnt show them , same problem as I had with the emus

perhaps its because its a tar file and not a gz ? will try gz ( no unpacking )

I am sure you are right about 755 but this chmod is clear as mud at the moment

Thanks
    If you ftp your box and navigate to the plugin folder, highlight properties and you will see the permisions for the file, chmod means you alter the permisions.
    so you will most likely find they are 644 if you look you can see what 644 allows the file to do, so you need to make the files 755, once again you will see what the files can now do.
    Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks
    sorry , I have seen this chmod but no idea what that means etc , and didnt understand it the first time zad mentioned it with flashfxp , and yes I did copy them across using dcc as the tmp method doesnt show them , same problem as I had with the emus

I am sure you are right but this chmod is clear as mud at the moment
    Don't obviously know about the 'brain' of the 9100, but, with the Dreambox CHmod simply allocates the file rights/permissions, basically read/write etc.

With the Dreambox (stress WITH the DB) if in doubt allocate 755, it does no harm at all and clears the files to work, 644 does NOT.

Sorry for the rush but flying to Madrid in a while, catch you later.
    Last edited by dishdad; 06-06-2007 at 09:29 PM.

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Linux

Theres a nice explanation here

Code:
    http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uchmod.htm
    Var-bin --- 755
    Var-Keys-- 644
    Var-script- 755
    Var-tuxbox 755

source : timo

TNT