Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TM9100 What A Bargain!!

Thanks

TM9100 What A Bargain!!

I have just purchased a TM9100 for £109
    errr yep thats Right I repeat £109..
    I have installed the latest camd's emu's settings and ..what a lovely bit of kit
    I must admit iI was a bit weary at such a low price but you have to be in it to win it ...but I think thats just me and the way I think.
    So I took the gamble.
    Its not the most user friendliest box on the planet as are most Linux boxes but if you grab it by its nuts and tame the little bugger .. you will enjoy this box
    Its Linux based ,open sourced you can add a HDD ect ,and has as much potential as the Dream boxes.
    You can use most of the same software & tool kits the Dream Box uses and once installed it boosts the TM9100 potential by 50% .
    The Tuner is far more sensertive than the Dreambox and lock's on weaker signals better. (good for feeds hehe)
    I am sure this box has got a lot more potentail but needs time to grow and software to be seeded and developed.
    But for £109 I am am not grumberling because there are alot of STB that are more expensive out there and have not got half the kick this baby has.

Last edited by DaOne; 27-05-2007 at 02:12 AM.

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    I did the same yesterday I Ordered one. As you say a great price for this bit of kit, just looking forward to playing with it.

Only problem i have now is 2 motorised dishes, and 4 recievers only one with a integrated positioner and a superjack vbox2 the wife says ive got to cut down on the recievers

echostar ad3600ipva, technomate 1500super & 9100, dreambox 7020, and the one in the loft she cant remember echostar ad3000ipva!!

tr8

Thanks
    Hi DaOne,

Are you sure that was £109? I saw where you ordered it from, and the price on their site is £199.

DrPaulos

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    yes it is £109 at the moment look under crazy offers
    its realy cheap for what you get

tr8

Thanks
    Ah, I see it now. That is really crazy

I would say I will buy one, but I already have one

DrPaulos

Thanks
    Where can you get it for that price? Best I can see is on Eb*y at £150 plus £15 P&P. That's a pretty good price but I'd rather pay £109 if I can!
    At the moment for what I can afford it's either this or the Dreambox 600 pvr.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Thanks
    drpaulos how does the tuner compare to the visionet, my vn8000cis tuner seems very flakey signal drops out for no reason fine on the same dish etc with two other stbs.
    Last edited by zola25; 27-05-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    It is about the same, I find both have a good tuner. I don't get signal dropouts, except with my Innovative.

DrPaulos

Thanks
    Is it OK to ask about the software and tools that would be used on this box?
    I understand it's a Linux box, which means it is programmable and can probably be made to do some interesting things. I also know you need a certain amount of computer knowledge to get the most out of it.
    A while ago I fitted a mod chip into an Xbox, installed a large hard drive and put different software (XBMC) on it. Would you say that this is similar to the kind of thing you have to do with these boxes?
    My current receiver is a Samsung DSR9500, and I have been messing around with different EMU software for years.

Please can someone explain what this box is capable of, if you are prepared to spend some time on it?

I am sure others will find the information useful too, if they are wondering whether to buy this new box....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davlaw2000 View Post
    Where can you get it for that price? Best I can see is on Eb*y at £150 plus £15 P&P. That's a pretty good price but I'd rather pay £109 if I can!
    questions like that are not allowed on here m8

only the sponsors can be discussed , no other retailer and no auction sites either

thanks

I understand it's a Linux box, which means it is programmable and can probably be made to do some interesting things. I also know you need a certain amount of computer knowledge to get the most out of it.

Please can someone explain what this box is capable of, if you are prepared to spend some time on it?

yes you can discuss technical details etc

V.I.P
    Thanks
    A while ago I fitted a mod chip into an Xbox, installed a large hard drive and put different software (XBMC) on it. Would you say that this is similar to the kind of thing you have to do with these boxes?
    My current receiver is a Samsung DSR9500, and I have been messing around with different EMU software for years.

I am sure others will find the information useful too, if they are wondering whether to buy this new box....
    This box offers everything ur sammy does + pvr,Do cs ( hush hush ), streaming to pc, updated keys direct to box, modify skins, add channel lists.
    At £109 its a bargain and i will be ordering soon as i wish to use it as a secondary box.

Mate its not at all hard to use. I was told before i got my dream that i would have to know linux well and spend alot of time working out how to use it. fuc* all of that. Straight outta box, flash with image flasher, 2 clicks u have an image on the box. Next u download the emus. Usually done with 2 presses of a button if ur router is plugged into the box. Done 1 hour up and running. U will learn quickly as time goes on with this box. As its linux open source it will always have new software availible for it and will not go outdated. Even the 5+ years old dreambox 5620 is still updated to this day.

Thanks
    can a harddrive just be plugged in, update software and off u go ?.

Thanks
    what cable is required?
    straight threw or cross over cable?

Thanks
    depends what you are plugging it into , same as with all lan connections

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    depends what you are plugging it into , same as with all lan connections
    cable dsl modem.

im currently running a vn8000cis

Thanks
    straight cable into a router , crossover cable into a pc

thats what I would think

Thanks
    That is correct echelon.

Hi satmo, you can use the same cable as with the VN (I do)

DrPaulos

Thanks

Excellent info thanks!

Sorry for my previous question about the best supplier for the box...
    I will make sure I read all the rules next time.
    Thank you all for your responses - I will be buying in the near future.
    If no one beats me to it, I will try and write my own 'howto' do***ent describing how to set it up, get it networked, add a hard drive and download the best software.
    Anyone feel like starting a 'sticky' on that subject? I am sure newbies would find it very helpful!

Thanks
    Howto are always welcome.

Thanks
    best supplier is a certain dark man!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast